ROM Hack NSMB DS Sound & Music Hack v1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I will have to ask how you did this. I'm trying to do music in Pokemon Diamond. Not too much luck there. I might try this in a NSMB hack someday soon.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Orengefox said:
demigod198 said:
I am very pleased with your work!!
happy.gif
I think that this is a great addition to the NSMB hacks as the current NSMB music doesn't suit hacks in someways in my opinion. If this is not as difficult as i think it is, I will surely give it a try and add my own music if I can.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the comments. Most appreciated. Best of luck to you in regards to learning how to hack NDS music. Whatever you do, don't stress it; take your time. I know it took me a while
wink.gif

Lightning said:
Wow nice work. You should contact SKJmin about his New Super Mario Bros. 3 hack, I would be very happy if you two would work together and make a complete NSMB3 hack with music!
Thanks. SKJim and I have talked recently about the idea of him using what I have available for his NSMB3 hack. Now assuming he doesn't want to use all the tracks available, what I can do is put together another hacked sound_data.sdat file with the ones he prefers and then guide him from there on how to access them on the NSMB Editor if possible.

QUOTE(Team Fail @ Nov 18 2010, 03:32 AM)
I will have to ask how you did this. I'm trying to do music in Pokemon Diamond. Not too much luck there. I might try this in a NSMB hack someday soon.
It's been done using the information I've put together [here] and in a recent post [here]. Now I do have a general description on some of the music files I hacked and how I did it stored away (along side Music Hack v1.0) in a zip file if you would like me to pull it out at some point (in fact, it's still available to download online).

I've seen you post on different sites how you want to hack the music to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl as well as being able to hack NDS music in general. In fact, I saw a recent topic not too long ago on how you want to be able to insert new music into a NDS game and make it loop [here] which something I've been wanting to do as well. I've done some tests which worked but couldn't get it to work right. You and I should talk sometime if you like. In any case, I wish you the best of luck. Don't give up
wink.gif

As always, I'm open for more comments folks!
Hey, thanks. I have looked at all of those, minus your post on PokeCommunity there. The one on MewThree forums, I did that.
tongue.gif
I also threw this together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g61TjA__y9g...player_embedded I'd appreciate the help, PM me your email so we can chat on MSN about this.

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
btw. this patch works also on mine...
I'm gonna change some of the sound effects, 2 or 3 sounds only (I'll try it)
The music will be same for now

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering, do the enemies jump/spin with the music (like the original NSMB) if you put custom music in the game? Or are those timings still synced to the default music?

Maid-chan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Orengefox said:
DarkFocus said:
you should help out the guy who did new super mario bros 3
biggrin.gif

It's a matter of finding the free time which is difficult to get. SKJmin is more than welcome to use whatever I've put together for this hack
wink.gif

mahisa88 said:
what's the song name on the sky place?
It's supposedly titled "Athletic" (despite the Super Mario 64 DS rom calling it "Athretic" which might have been a mistake). I'm not entirely sure if that's the official name Nintendo went by. Best thing to do would be to look up the levels that used it.

QUOTE(SKJmin @ Nov 15 2010, 12:25 PM)
I don't understand the tutorial, not even an english guy understands it, when someone would make a better tutorial for "noobs"...
However, when someone makes a better tutorial, I'm forced to change my whole hack!

@orangefox
You got a PM
smile.gif
I got your PM; I've sent a reply now.

As for the tutorial, this is the problem see. I'm not entirely sure how I could simplify it in the best way possible without taking out any other important information. That's why even after the recent update, the tutorial still looks just as complex. I can see where it might be rough in places (which I can try simplifying); however it's really because the process can be a bit daunting. With that in mind, not everyone is going to understand it and be able to do it straight away. It's something you would have to mess around with for awhile until you get it. I certainly didn't get it straight away which is why it's come this far. There are some people who do understand the tutorial I've written (for example here). For those who understand it, I strongly encourage them all to see if there is a simpler way of explaining the tutorial I've written (be it suggestions or actually re-writing it). And I'll see what I can do. At the end of the day, I want everyone to be able understand all this and know what they're doing. I would like to think that I could one day learn something from those who understand how to hack NDS sound data files.

Thanks for the all comments so far folks, it's been greatly appreciated. I'm always open for more feedback
smile.gif

uhh i dont think that sky place's song is Athletic, because it isn't same with that youtube song

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is quite interesting. So, if we were to change the spin times in the MIDI (which, I never found on the Underground level, but it's my own ripper, so...), nothing would change in reality?

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess by "clean ROM", that means I can't use this in addition to another hack on a ROM?

That's a shame, the NSMB3 hack doesn't change the music...

EDIT: D'oh, should have read the whole thread!

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Orengefox said:
Dartz150 said:
Please, read my post here! .... is this possible??? your hack had given me a hope, and nice work by the way!!
smile.gif
I've read your post and in regards to what you would like to accomplish, it can be done. It would require you to take apart the *.sdat file to both games, swap *.swar files around, possibly modify *.sbnk files and then compile it all together into a new *.sdat file for Pokemon Platinum. Thanks btw
smile.gif

OMFG!!!!!! XD
I see it now!!
grog.gif
bow.gif
laugh.gif
nds.gif

thanks, probably, my hack will be ready on January, 'cause now, I need to research about the .sbnk file, I have done your procces, but the Platinum music is all messed up, the instruments are there, and playing fine, but them all are in a crazy form...
If you can, any help would be fine ^^

EDIT:BTW I'm tired of using an Hex editor :S ... do you know any program to extract the contesnts os .sdat files more easily?
wink.gif

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Orengefox said:
Bare in mind, once a *.sseq file is converted into a MIDI file, it can no longer loop. Once you've made any changes to the MIDI file and converted it back into a *.sseq file, you'd have to manually loop it again through a hex editor which is something people are still trying to figure out how to do.

Just saying out that sseq files can be in a beat and not work like brstms. Okay, that makes sense. =D

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, i have found some tools, but none of them are capable of extract the .*swar files, only in a *.midi or *.wav format :S, how I can extract them in a "pure" form?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dartz150 said:
well, i have found some tools, but none of them are capable of extract the .*swar files, only in a *.midi or *.wav format :S, how I can extract them in a "pure" form?

If it's my tool, it says that it converts them into a MIDI or WAV file. It doesn't just rip it.

Try getting the sound hack and open up the sound_sdat folder. It has the proper files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1