18Phoenix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    From the file or nin****.com ?

2. Mactaetus

Mactaetus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Thanks for this great app and progress.
    I have an issue...

I'm creating a legitc XCI, verified it, too.

but with every XCI creation I always get the error isdir, etc. (see Screenshot).

secondly, all of my XCIs are v1.0.0 v0 in the SX OS Installer, tinfoil, etc.
    I cannot seem to install the CXCIs in any way. Am I doing something wrong here? When verifying, the XCIs are perfect, include all updates, etc.

Thanks in advance.

screeny.png

3. JRoad

OP JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    Yeah, I got more reports of that error. The thing is that error is in the renamer XD which is a totally separate function. I think something weird went up in the x64 build and it doesn't detect the indent there or something. I'll redo it on the afternoon. For now try using the x86 one or 0.90.
    BTW they told me xcis are done correctly even with the error, which makes sense since again once it finishes the proper function seems to read a line from the renamer for some reason.

Last edited by JRoad, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Mactaetus

Newcomer

The XCI is created correctly and passes every verification. I've figured. So that's okay to me. Just an error. :-)

Another thing: When booting SX OS and putting the XCI onto a USB Stick, it shows v1.0.0 v0 for that XCI. same with tinfoil.
    When I install it, all the updates get stripped and it only installs the base file, without the updates. NSC Builder verifies the file and the updates as included....

am I doing something wrong or is this intended?
    What's the correct procedure to install CXCIs?

Last edited by Mactaetus, Sep 30, 2019
  5. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Maniac

United States

1.0 will show in tx album. Once mounted press + on game icon and check top left ver.

6. JRoad

OP JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    Yeah, it's that exactly I think maybe forcing the update control and cnmt it could show the correct version in Horizon. Is on my to-do list.

ModderFokker619 likes this.
  7. Mactaetus

Newcomer

Thanks @ModderFokker619
    you're right. Once it's mounted, it shows the correct version.

but what about the installation of CXCIs?
    When installing, it only installs the base as it ignores the updates all together. Is there any way to install CXCIs completely?

8. JRoad

OP JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    That's a tinfoil thing, it ignores the update on purpose. You have a special build by blawar here that will install the updates.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-custom-xci.534839/page-2#post-8809303
    The reason was because official ones have sometimes old updates that would overwrite the current installed one.
    Since normally users don't have them renamed the way NSCB does they are unaware of the update being inside the xci to begin with and use to complain to him.
    So is pretty understandable to have them banned trough that point of view.

Either way if you want the updates installed that build is the recommended way now, the previous one was rommenu.

9. JRoad

OP JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    Sorry, mobile and then missed the message. The pictures from the gallery ar from Nintendo.com, I use the scrape from nutdb\tinfoil.io for that.
    Basically eshop data, file versions and cheats are from tinfoil.io. DLC names and dlc icons too since you can't read that from file (I use nutdb json files for that)
    Languages, file information, etc... are read from the file, even BuildID, basically i readall i can from the file. json file refresh is set to 24h though you can change it on the config files, then in the batch, in options there is also a force refresh that redownloads, if possible, the json files. I said if possible because now it checks first if it can reach the json from server if it gets 404 error it will keep the old json files. Also the profile from the not autoupdate zip is set to 9999 hours that is roughly 416 days, in case you don't want it to autoupdate for some reason like being normally offline, if you do that for now you need to force updates with the batch, in options.

18Phoenix likes this.
  10. JRoad

OP JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
  11. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Tinfoil 1.55b installs nsp and xci Games+Update+DLC in one on 9.0 too

12. JRoad

OP JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    Ah, cool blawar added it officially then.
    Edit: Ah 1.55, old version. Yeah probably lithium 1.0 does the same.

ModderFokker619 likes this.
  13. shoesforoz

shoesforoz Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    deleted,

Last edited by shoesforoz, Oct 1, 2019
  14. Mactaetus

Newcomer

Very nice, thanks for the fix @JRoad Will test it out later today.
    @blawar any chance to readd the option to install multipack nsp and xcis (game+update+dlcs) via tinfoil?

*please*please*please*please*please*please*please* :-)

15. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    it’s in the official line, just hasn’t been released yet. i added an option to enable installing updates from xci’s in the options menu.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it already supports multi pack nsp. xci’s just filter updates, but next version will support it.

16. Mactaetus

Newcomer

@blawar you're a genius! Thanks a lot.

So currently, when I hit that multi xci or nsp file, it shows the listing with all the install options. In that listing, it doesn't show the patches and dlcs. that's one thing I noticed.
    and when I hit install, it only installs the base game.

hope that it will also show the included updates and dlcs when I go into the install options. that would be super amazing.
    I'm eagerly awaiting the new update. While I do that, I'm busy with switching from SXOS to atmosphere :-)

thanks @blawar

17. 18Phoenix

Germany
    SX OS 2.9.1 is out, let's hope and see. I first wait a bit more.

18. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Jules I got some information regarding the problem with SX OS and the XCI mounting, please contact me.

19. JRoad

OP JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    You mean about the xci not working working again when reprocessed? I have a guess about that.
    When nscb process a convert from xci to nsp if you change it back to xci it will figure out it was a xci originally so it will restore isgamecard to 1. There was an old version that had a bug where it restored it when it shouldn't, this version was been used by some discord group for several weeks or months.
    Well that bug was fixed quickly and when reprocessed the program figures out the original flag for those xci so that's my untested guess.
    I think the bug was in 0.65 from memory but not sure it was in a really old version.

Last edited by JRoad, Oct 1, 2019
    18Phoenix likes this.
  20. 18Phoenix

Germany
    Has someone checked if XCIs including updates+dlcs and everything else work again with SX OS 2.9.1 ?

Last edited by 18Phoenix, Oct 1, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Game+updates+dlc, NSC_Builder, Nintendo