Now that we have all had time to experience the 3d effect, and get over the "wow" factor of it, how often do you really find yourself using it while you play? I use it sometimes, but at other times I have trouble keeping it in the sweet spot, so I just turn it off.
I use it alot. but I think you cant get use to 3d when there is a dark background. no matter what....in face raiders, samurai warriors, taking 3d pictures, ridge racer...I ALWAYS get ghosting when there is an image that is suppose to be in 3d but it was on a dark background so I get ghosting. I'm saying this from experience and im pretty sure they're related. Even in the metroid prime puzzle piece i see ghosting since the background is dark and samus is brighter. But when the background is bright i usually get perfect results...like the NSMB puzzle piece.
Depends on the game, like for street fighter I keep it off because I rather have 60fps than 30fps and I tend to move the 3ds(or any controller) when I play fighting games, so yeah. For games like rayman, I keep the 3D on so 50-50.
I tried one at a GameStop with Street Fighter, I would leave it on at all times, because it's a depth type of 3D, not where it pops up. But I'll cast my vote when I own one.
I have no problems with seeing 3d for however long I use mine. And 2 hours has been the longest I have used it at one time and I was fine, no eye strain or headache
I love the 3D on this thing. I use it when photographing wild animals here where I live (looks fantastic). I also really enjoy how it makes Ghost Recon look. There isn't a huge difference with Splinter Cell though (a game I recommend picking up, much better than Chaos Theory for DS).
Off for Street Fighter, it doesn't really add anything to the game play and the "wow factor" has worn off, so why drain my battery? Pilot Wings and Rayman it stays on pretty much all the time, it makes judging distances a hell of a lot easier (obviously) and thus enhances the game play.
It's also a bit easier to see the screen in sunlight w/ the 3D off, so if that stupid ball of fire is interfering w/ my gaming I turn the 3D off.
I think for the bulk of the games I expect to be playing the 3D will stay on, though.
I always keep my 3D at max unless I'm playing Ridge Racer. I'm finding the 3D to be helpful in games such as Rayman 3D. I was playing it last night, and one of the later levels has a sequence where if you make one wrong move, you start over. At first I thought the 3D might have been hampering my ability to get past the level, so I turned the 3D completely off. I almost couldn't even play the game in 2D, because I couldn't tell how close I was to objects in my path. With the 3D back on, I blew right past it.
I'm one of the lucky people who don't have any side effects from using the full 3D. I absolutely love my 3DS, and have been playing it exclusively since launch, while my consoles take a back seat.
I tried one at a GameStop with Street Fighter, I would leave it on at all times, because it's a depth type of 3D, not where it pops up. But I'll cast my vote when I own one.
There pop outs, but just not that game. Well there specials.
Slyakin said:
Can't wait to see Guild pop in with his "I told you so" about the 3D. It's kind of just a gimmick to attract customers, but I use it a lot.
How would it be "I told you so" if it used a lot?
KidIce said:
Off for Street Fighter, it doesn't really add anything to the game play and the "wow factor" has worn off, so why drain my battery? Pilot Wings and Rayman it stays on pretty much all the time, it makes judging distances a hell of a lot easier (obviously) and thus enhances the game play.
It's also a bit easier to see the screen in sunlight w/ the 3D off, so if that stupid ball of fire is interfering w/ my gaming I turn the 3D off.
I think for the bulk of the games I expect to be playing the 3D will stay on, though.
I always keep my 3D at max unless I'm playing Ridge Racer. I'm finding the 3D to be helpful in games such as Rayman 3D. I was playing it last night, and one of the later levels has a sequence where if you make one wrong move, you start over. At first I thought the 3D might have been hampering my ability to get past the level, so I turned the 3D completely off. I almost couldn't even play the game in 2D, because I couldn't tell how close I was to objects in my path. With the 3D back on, I blew right past it.
I'm one of the lucky people who don't have any side effects from using the full 3D. I absolutely love my 3DS, and have been playing it exclusively since launch, while my consoles take a back seat.
3D can add depth and as well let things pop out of the screen. I was just stating that some games have pop out 3D and that Street Fighter (I heard) had
special moves that pop out.
I try to keep the 3d on as often as I can and I still think it's impressive and exciting. However, when a game gets to a difficult part, I turn it off (ex. 3-starring pilotwings missions). I can't help the body english when things get tense
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...