TheCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i would like to know how it's doing and if theres any issues with these games:
Bomberman 64
Mario Party 1, 2 and 3.
Diddy Kong Racing (i know this one had the water changing to multiple colors quickly, which isn't good for the eyes)
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
and any other games you reccomend

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er, but replacing other ROMs in wad files that were on the VC officially.

This is true, but they were talking about the official Pokemon Snap VC release. There are a few games that run better through the official VC release over Not64 (at this point anyway), and Pokemon Snap is one of them.

i would like to know how it's doing and if theres any issues with these games:
Bomberman 64
Mario Party 1, 2 and 3.
Diddy Kong Racing (i know this one had the water changing to multiple colors quickly, which isn't good for the eyes)
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
and any other games you reccomend

Can't speak for all of these. But all the Mario Party games will work properly, but you do have to turn on one or two of the video filters (forget which ones, just play around with them until the game runs at full speed with no flickering). Same goes for Bomberman 64 to an extent, you have to mess around with the filters to get the game going and remoe the constant black background, but after playing in the levels after awhile, the graphics start to stretch out and mess up your field of view.

Don't recall the others, haven't tested them in awhile.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait WHAT?!
Conkey's now playable?!
How in the living hell did this happen?!!! Dx

:lol: JK.
Has anyone tried RE2?
I wonder if it at least boots now.
RE2 booted in the last update and it was one of the most buggy games on not64. But I don't know how it works on the latest update. I'm going to download it.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be worth/anyone interested in doing a fresh compatibility list? This one seems a bit outdated now: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List
I think we should keep updating this one. Maybe even give it a new look and possibly change the title to Not64 Compatibility List. EDIT: I also think we should use the same update name for not64 instead of having stuff like "Not64 Second" and "version=Not64 Second Edition." I think we should go by the updates made in the month like for example "Not64 Second Edition (02/05/15)". So it can be more consistent.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
RE2 booted in the last update and it was one of the most buggy games on not64. But I don't know how it works on the latest update. I'm going to download it.

You can make it in-game and the inventory screen displays ok, but in-game the character models and background textures don't show up, the game caries two sets of backgrounds ranging from 320x240 to 640x480 depending on if you have the expansion pack on,
RetroArch has made more progress on this game and now shows the backgrounds but the character models are still messed up and it runs at a snail pace.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can make it in-game and the inventory screen displays ok, but in-game the character models and background textures don't show up, the game caries two sets of backgrounds ranging from 320x240 to 640x480 depending on if you have the expansion pack on,
RetroArch has made more progress on this game and now shows the backgrounds but the character models are still messed up and it runs at a snail pace.
Oh god, the hype.
At least you can make it to the main game now!
Got some questions:
1) What were your settings to boot RE2?
2) Do the menus and other stuff show up properly?
3) Only the character models and background images are not showing up?

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh god, the hype.
At least you can make it to the main game now!
Got some questions:
1) What were your settings to boot RE2?
2) Do the menus and other stuff show up properly?
3) Only the character models and background images are not showing up?

I'm watching the gogglebox atm, i'll try and post my settings tommorow.
2) The title menu is broken, but the config menu and load screen display fine.
Inventory items / books, leaflets work too irc, haven't tried the map yet.
3) The character models are showing up but with broken textures, you can see some effects like blood splatter and fire but the backgrounds are just complete black.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Very few plugins display the game properly, Glide64 being one of them, I doubt the Wii would be able to have it ported.
Dislike.

JK :P
Indeed, Glide64 has been the only plugin that displays that game correctly so far.
Out of all the settings I have seen, they all mention Glide64 for RE2.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dislike.

JK :P
Indeed, Glide64 has been the only plugin that displays that game correctly so far.
Out of all the settings I have seen, they all mention Glide64 for RE2.

The successor, GlideN64 is being released by the same developer soon as well, this month I believe and will be released as open source AFAIK, so, maybe that can be ported too...?:P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The successor, GlideN64 is being released by the same developer soon as well, this month I believe and will be released as open source AFAIK, so, maybe that can be ported too...?:P
Open Source?
Hot damn! Let's hope it is Open Source, hopefully that could be ported in Not64 to fix a lot of graphical issues.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open Source?
Hot damn! Let's hope it is Open Source, hopefully that could be ported in Not64 to fix a lot of graphical issues.

I believe that many graphical issues exist because it uses Rice Video, which is good for hi-res texture packs, but for the graphical accuracy side of things, it's horrendous. Glide64 would be nice, but it has somewhat higher system requirements. Therein lies the issue.

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I made some small tweaks to the compatibility page and updated it with some links. Now to start actually updating the notes :P For the version I reckon it will be easiest to just stick with whatever the .zip file is called e.g. latest would be "Not64 20150205".

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I made some small tweaks to the compatibility page and updated it with some links. Now to start actually updating the notes :P For the version I reckon it will be easiest to just stick with whatever the .zip file is called e.g. latest would be "Not64 20150205".

Yes, getting the date in there would be a very good idea. I don't think the 2nd edition part is too critical if we have the date. Thanks!

I like the VC column too, nice!

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think it is cool that it shows stuff at all now, even if it is still buggy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A chair fit for royalty