Homebrew Not64 Update

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have tried not64/roms and wii64/roms both result in the same thing my computer freezes and no games r shown. The only other thing it could e is I'm using a 2 tb HDD. Either way it just does not work this new version
your computer freezes?

are you running apps from usb aswhell? i mean not64 dol on sd? or all usb?
Just try it on an sd card you must have one somewhere and n64 roms are tiny so whay not try it?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put them in the not64 folder which has a folder called "roms" in it? Or did you put it in the not64 folder in the Apps/apps folder?
sorry i lost internet yesterday. i have placed them in root/wii64/roms and root/not64/roms. i dont place them in the apps folder :/

your computer freezes?

are you running apps from usb aswhell? i mean not64 dol on sd? or all usb?
Just try it on an sd card you must have one somewhere and n64 roms are tiny so whay not try it?
ill give it a try. i have everything on my usb hard drive. the only differences i can see is im using usb and i have been attempting to load this via the plugins in wiiflow. (which i have definatly setup correctly) it just boots not64 and then the first menu crashes

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ill give it a try. i have everything on my usb hard drive. the only differences i can see is im using usb and i have been attempting to load this via the plugins in wiiflow. (which i have definatly setup correctly) it just boots not64 and then the first menu crashes

You need to edit the not64 ini, found in wiiflow/plugins, to look for the roms in not64/roms - should currently be set as wii64/roms - Not64 will not work in any other directory. You should then get it to work, though I think it still sends you to the menu rather than directly firing up the game ;)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to edit the not64 ini, found in wiiflow/plugins, to look for the roms in not64/roms - should currently be set as wii64/roms - Not64 will not work in any other directory. You should then get it to work, though I think it still sends you to the menu rather than directly firing up the game ;)
yea ive done that it boots up the menu and crashes without being able to select a rom or any setting. the only thing i havnt tried is with an sd card and through the homebrew channel by placing the no64.dol in the apps folder. can anyone else confirm they have this loaded through wiiflow or any loader and with a usb hd?

Last edited by jammybudga777,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yea ive done that it boots up the menu and crashes without being able to select a rom or any setting. the only thing i havnt tried is with an sd card and through the homebrew channel by placing the no64.dol in the apps folder. can anyone else confirm they have this loaded through wiiflow or any loader and with a usb hd?
I can confirm it working via wiiflow & usb..... Did have to fiddle around to get it working though.
2nd try: Try firing the thing up in apps from the hbc first, this should allow it to write a config ini - maybe play a game with your preferred settings for a couple of minutes too. Then try wiiflow.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
so i got round to tryin some things this morning. but still no joy. i used my 2TB hard drive to load through the homebrew channel and not64 does not show up. located apps/not64/boot.dol i guess it doesnt like the size of my hard drive.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so i got round to tryin some things this morning. but still no joy. i used my 2TB hard drive to load through the homebrew channel and not64 does not show up. located apps/not64/boot.dol i guess it doesnt like the size of my hard drive.
thats why you shouldnt use 2tb stuff for a simple homebrew like not64 lol just use the sd card you used yo hack you wii to begin with its more than enough.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
thats why you shouldnt use 2tb stuff for a simple homebrew like not64 lol just use the sd card you used yo hack you wii to begin with its more than enough.
The only reason I use 2tb is because everything I have runs via wiiflow. I mean literally everything lol but Ye I'll try the sd card out

deblon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish pokemon snap worked

Official Pokemon snap is on Virtual Console on wii. search on google the wad and install it with a wad manager. Make sure you have bootmii/priiloader and back up your wii to recover from a brick, You never know.

bdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Official Pokemon snap is on Virtual Console on wii. search on google the wad and install it with a wad manager. Make sure you have bootmii/priiloader and back up your wii to recover from a brick, You never know.

i just installed the oficial vc title and problem solved xD, wad managers are your friends :P.
k thanks guys, I'll try to figure out this WAD thing.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
just thought i would share this info. i use a 2tb hard drive for everything. i used it for ages with not64 but then i went to update it and i think i forgot to add a SAVE folder. so while playing diddy kong racing it tried to do a save state which incountered an error i guess because i didnt have the save folder. the out come was my video's folder got completely corrupted!! which resultes in me having to recover and then re-format my hole hard drive to get it all back to normall

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
All Not64 working romset is less than 2-3 GB (and that's including romhacks), why not use an SD card? Faster and safer imho.

Anyways, a heads up, i yesterday ran 3 more romhacks with Not64:

Zelda : Petrie's Challenge

Banjo Kazooie Snow Glow Village

FZero X Climax

Last edited by nakata6790,

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again Nak. BTW I managed to test it but sadly on both, the emulator crashes when you pause the game :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1