1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    then you need to wait for the next update to see if that is ever fixed since there is no one that fixed anything on wii64 yet.

KiiWii likes this.
  2. Dani_Smitch

Dani_Smitch Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I found that emukidid had updated the Rice plugin and other modifications.

but the funny thing is that I leave a file to compile called [build.bat]

I don't have a 64 bit system to test, if someone can compile it I would be very grateful because I have been waiting for this for many months.:bow:

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Wakumatta

Wakumatta Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Bomberman 64 runs really well on the current version. The in-game graphical glitches and performance issues seem to be fixed... That is until you get to the first boss. The screen flickers between video and black while the boss flies in, then when gameplay resumes, the screen becomes entirely black, so there's no way to progress after that point. Still, comparing this test to Wii64 shows a lot of progress.
    Edit: The boss of the second world works fine, something about the first world's dragon's introduction must be what's breaking the textures resulting in everything turning black. Completing a round of battle mode also turns the game into a black screen with some text visible, making continued multiplayer impossible. Transparency is also broken and render as opaque, making Bomberman's shadow pitch black and gold cards on level select opaque by default, making it impossible to determine which one's you've already collected unless you write it down or commit it to memory. The green highlight effect on level select is also broken. As is are the fade-ins and fade-outs in the intro and cutscenes. Speaking of the intro, it seems that the only reliable way to get the game running is to press start during the winter level section of the intro. Then the title screen renders and textures work rather than getting black screen with some menu elements.

Last edited by Wakumatta, Jan 6, 2021
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    he already made a test compiled version basicaly it added the nto64 fixes to gl64 not sure if all and updated the rice pluggin with afew more fixes and added the cpu clock divider to it, just use the dols that have the wiivc in the name since the others dont have a limiter in speed and runw ay too fast, the dols with wiivc infront of its name work on wii or wiiu anyway
    https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues/28#issuecomment-730131906

ber71 and Turme like this.
  5. Sogun

Sogun Member
    Newcomer

Hello @Extrems and Happy New Year.

I have experienced code dump in Diddy Kong Racing (U) v1.0 in the last release of Not64 that didn't happen in the build from 20171009 (not sure when the issue was introduced.Tthis is the other release that I have) or wii64 beta 1.1 (when I played 100% of the game). It happens when the cinematic to the second encounter with Wizpig (the final boss) is about to start. It's happening everytime while in the other emulators that I mentioned it never happens.

[​IMG]

I have attached a save in case you don't have a 100% completed game. In order to reproduce the code dump load the first game file, then move the character to the left as you start, across a doorway in the wall to the beach and head straight to a platform in the sand where some sparks will pop up. Enter the sparks and you will the transfered to the last world. Head straight ahead again and cross the two doors (the one with the clock and the last one with Wizpig in it) and you'll get the code dump.
    Here's a video of how to get there. Just go to where the lighthouse was. Start at 0:12, I can't get the video to that moment.

On a side not I was wondering if it's possible to make the fog affect have more color depth so it doesn't have the agressive banding that currently has. It's specially distracting in games like GoldenEye or The Legend of Zelda. Or maybe it's that way because performance will suffer a lot. Can you comment on this?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Sogun, Jan 10, 2021
  6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    is adventure 2 still unplayable? becuase controls get inverted and graphics become inside out still?

Also found out destruction derby 64 on dificultys novice and amateur plays fine well with pal version and wiiu overclock and cpu clock divider set to 2 is "playable" .
    When you reach professional the maps are mirrored so the screen becomes unplayable i think those 2 games use a mirroriins graphics and controls technic that isnt implemented yet.

with wii64 rice you can actually see the graphics are inside out and the controls are inverted same error on professional and abode difficultys.

7. Extrems

Extrems GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It's a weird side-effect of the software vertex transformation. I've been trying for years to fix that.

rogerioronin and GustavoReis like this.
  8. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    Just played some minutes of Dinosaur Planet on the latest Not64 (Wii), really great performance with minor dips on cutscenes.

MKKhanzo, pedro702, CORE and 4 others like this.
  9. Exidous

Exidous Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just wanted to echo Sogun's issue with Diddy Kong Racing code dump at the second Wizpig encounter. I have the identical issue (my DKR is version (U) (M2) (V1.1) [!]).

I also have experienced code dumps in other Rare games on this version - both Banjo Kazooie (Gobi's Valley, while attacking a hand) and Banjo Tooie (relatively early, I don't recall the specifics). I do not know if the Banjo issues existed in earlier versions of Not64.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Update, Not64,