Not sure what to make of this OTPhelper log

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aceoyame, Apr 11, 2016.

  1. aceoyame
    OP

    aceoyame Member

    Newcomer
    35
    6
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    I am following a guide for A9LH and it has been going great until I went to run the one step setup.

    It threw this log http://pastebin.com/ZjGXdUsp

    Now I am not seeing a mismatch like the guides explain but rather a title in an unmapped area and have no idea what to do about that. Do I simply need to check the hash of these two titles and if they match the known values disregard as a false positive?
     
  2. astronautlevel

    astronautlevel Finding a reason, waiting for a miracle

    Member
    4,044
    5,083
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Restore your EmuNAND_formatted.bin and try the downgrade again. OTP helper doesn't give false positives.
     
  3. aceoyame
    OP

    aceoyame Member

    Newcomer
    35
    6
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    What does the error mean though? I get that a title is where it shouldn't be but I want to see if I can fix it as restoring my backup and trying again should result in the same thing theoretically of course
     
  4. astronautlevel

    astronautlevel Finding a reason, waiting for a miracle

    Member
    4,044
    5,083
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    The error says that some titles failed to downgrade properly. It may not do the same thing theoretically.
     
  5. aceoyame
    OP

    aceoyame Member

    Newcomer
    35
    6
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Giving it another try here now. Hoping it does something different. Would it be possible to just manually inject those two titles?
     
  6. aceoyame
    OP

    aceoyame Member

    Newcomer
    35
    6
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Tried it again and had the same result unfortunately. Not sure what to do next.

    Edit: My SHA256 hashes matched the known good values of those unmapped titles
     
    Last edited by aceoyame, Apr 11, 2016
  7. aceoyame
    OP

    aceoyame Member

    Newcomer
    35
    6
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Bit the bullet and tried it anyways. Worked!
     
  8. new3dsontheblock

    new3dsontheblock Member

    Newcomer
    17
    4
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I'm having a similar issue. What was it exactly that you "bit the bullet and tried anyways"?
     
  9. A_Random_Guy

    A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

    Member
    862
    459
    May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    OP hasn't been active for a month now
     
    new3dsontheblock likes this.
  10. new3dsontheblock

    new3dsontheblock Member

    Newcomer
    17
    4
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Thanks ARG. I finally figured it out though! Appreciate the reply.
     
  11. A_Random_Guy

    A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

    Member
    862
    459
    May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    Mind telling us what you did? Might help some users
     
  12. new3dsontheblock

    new3dsontheblock Member

    Newcomer
    17
    4
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Sure. I downgraded successfully to 2.1 (my emuNAND) and ran One Click in OTP Helper. It failed due to having 2 items in "unmapped areas" (Health & Safety and SSL, according to the Title List). I was having difficulty checking the sha256sums with Hexinator (didn't know how exactly). Figured out that I can check them on the 3DS itself within GodMode9, so I did that and matched them with the correct ones. Since they all checked out I went ahead and cloned the emuNAND to the sysNAND and validated. Got the exact same errors ("unmapped area"), so I ignored the error (per this page) and continued the process.
    TL;DR apps found in unmapped areas, checked sha256sums in GodMode9, cloned emu to sys, same errors found, ignored said errors and snagged otp.