Hardware Not sure if my switch is dead... Any ideas?

tooknie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue to me with their switch.

Kids were playing on it last and when I tried to boot it up I get nothing. It was running SXOS without autorcm. I have left it on charge for at least a day in both of my two docks (both Nintendo genuine), but still does not power up. When I put it in the docks the green light on the dock flashes briefly as it usually does and the dock tries to output to HDMI but no signal is received by the TV.

So, any ideas whether this is a hardware failure or anything else software related that I might be able to fix?

The charging port LOOKS ok but I have no idea whether it was dropped, submerged in water, etc. [the kids deny anything happened, LOL]

Any suggestions welcome, thanks

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like autorcm, hold the power button for 15s while it's on the charger,charge it for awhile then boot it with dongle

tooknie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like autorcm, hold the power button for 15s while it's on the charger,charge it for awhile then boot it with dongle
Thanks dsrules, you're fab, it worked. I could have sworn I didn't have autorcm enabled but must have by accident when I last updated with ChoiDujourNX. I feel like a right prat.

Thanks Again!
https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks dsrules, you're fab, it worked. I could have sworn I didn't have autorcm enabled but must have by accident when I last updated with ChoiDujourNX. I feel like a right prat.

Thanks Again!
yeah, ChoiDujourNX has Autorcm ON by default, be careful next time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny