Hacking not succeeding in getting usb loader to work

davidoff246

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok here are the issues i got a WD my passport essential 750gb hdd formatted 500gb to fat32 for wii and such and the remainder an ntfs partition then i loaded the homebrew channel loaders and apps and whatnot, but my wii freezes everytime i try and use usb-loader and the images arnt showing up. heres images of my hdd
usb-loaderfolder.png
pic.png
appfolder.png

much help would be appreciated, thanx.

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i could very well be wrong, but i thought .elf files were outdated, and .dol files are the replacement? take it for what its worth but maybe you need a newer version of your loader?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First up this should have gone in the backup loaders section. Which cIOS(s) do you have installed and which USB loader are you trying to use?

89turbocs said:
i could very well be wrong, but i thought .elf files were outdated, and .dol files are the replacement? take it for what its worth but maybe you need a newer version of your loader?

dols are basically compressed elfs.

davidoff246

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ye 500gb partition end up being 499gb for what its worth, i think i have 249,222,223,250 maybe 2 others,
games ive tried are mario kart with no trouble, just dance, super mario bros brawl, prince of persia forgotten sands of time, final fantasy crystal chronicles crystal bearers(worked for 15 min then froze), the other froze after loaded or just a black screen after loading

ye now i have 499gb fat32 and rest another fat32 but all the wii stuff is on the 1 499gb,
also usb-loader open up and itll freeze scrolling around through menus and cllicking on games before loading.

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a problem with Loader freezing when using a different TV to which i originally set up loader with. To fix problem i just deleted the .ini file from the loader folder

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No not the hacks.ini. I was useing wiiflow and deleted the Wiiflow config file from inside Wiiflow folder and when loaded up again it creates a new config file with new settings.. So thought usb-loader might be giving you same problem as mine only crashed when selecting loader like yours.

Try deleting settings.cfg from usb-folder (move it else where and move back if doesnt work)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I just thought it would be useful to point out that his usb-loader works with my hard drive, so it is definitely an issue with the files on his external drive or how its partitioned/formatted (as I know for a fact that his 750GB WD My Passport is compatible).

Also, he has the following cIOSs installed
249rev19base57
250rev19base37
222rev5base38
223rev5base37
224rev5base57
202rev5base57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1