Misc Not all streetpassers come with me to trade?

darktree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using HomePass for a couple days now, and I noticed sometimes I will streetpass 10 people, but only 7 will come with me to the plaza, or I'll streetpass 8 people, but only 6 will come with me to my games or be available to trade puzzle pieces with. Does that have something to do with streetpassing the same person / too many in a day or something, or because its a HomePass bug? I've never seen this happen with normal streetpassing when I've been to conventions where I get non-stop 10's (some repeats) but they all come with me each time.

Searched the forum for Homepass, Googled various things like "not all streetpass people come along as travelers". Anyone care to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10 street passes is the limit. Period. If you use 1 MAC and pass someone, then switch MACs and tag the SAME Mii, you will have 2 passes but only 1 (because it's the same person) will show up and will give you 2 (or 3 or 4 or...) high fives instead of one.

My question is... where has everyone gone now? I only get a few repeats on several MCs. Did everyone change SSIDs? I'm still using attwifi. Not sure if that makes a difference. Either way, I need like 5 pink panels for the MH panel in puzzle swap, but nobody seems to have them...

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
10 street passes is the limit. Period. If you use 1 MAC and pass someone, then switch MACs and tag the SAME Mii, you will have 2 passes but only 1 (because it's the same person) will show up and will give you 2 (or 3 or 4 or...) high fives instead of one.

My question is... where has everyone gone now? I only get a few repeats on several MCs. Did everyone change SSIDs? I'm still using attwifi. Not sure if that makes a difference. Either way, I need like 5 pink panels for the MH panel in puzzle swap, but nobody seems to have them...
Do you cycle multiple MACs and only on attwifi ?
I go all along the extended list (from 4E:53:50:4F:4F:00 to 4E:53:50:4F:4F:9F) with NZ@McD1 SSID and completed all pinks in less than 2 weeks, did the rest with coins. Sometimes I also set attwifi SSID, both works great, but I think it depends at what time you get connected...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I don't want to use the NZ@McD1 crap. I can't use a German Nintendo Zone anyway (not that I could even read German) and I'd have to fix the SSID on every device in my house that isn't on my 'N' network. I just spoof the Nintendo Zone list and still get Nintendo Zone even on my N3DS using attwifi. I've been using the main prime MAC and the blue shirt MACs. I just now set it to 4E:53:50:4F:4F:00 though to see if I can tag you. You'll get a Golden Mii from me ;).

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is a neat trick to do.

If you got 10/10 or 9/10 passes for the lobby, start the Lobby and get the Mii in.
As soon they are in your lobby, close the 3DS and wait for the next 10 Passes.
OPen your 3DS and it will nag you about "new visitors".
Do not greet those 10, or you will throw away the other 10.
Play with the 10 in your lobby, then greet the others.
Like this,you will have 10 new people in lobby to play with and 10 others in Cache.

Reactions: Deleted User

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I set MAC rotation on 5mns so I still get hits while playing with the current line of 9-10 Miis.
urherenow I also have a gloden Mii, we'll see if we catch each one on -4F:00, I think still matching time is mandatory, I usually go through the list after 18:00 GMT
I never got in Nintendo Zone, but the displayed text is set by the console region I think, not by the SSID you get in by. Also, I can say I do get more hits ont that SSID than on attwifi, and lately some Japanese too !

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never got in Nintendo Zone, but the displayed text is set by the console region I think, not by the SSID you get in by

The contents of the NZ app may depend on both (plus console's language)
When NZ@McD1 distributed the ORAS demo, all text was in German regardless of language but you could only get to the content if you set the region to Germany... think of it like regular websites do: SSID is a domain name, then language and country variant are put in headers by the browser, and the server may or may not care

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro