Not all 3DS games in 3d

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game01 said:
everyone has his own opinions. for antwill and chaz it's a gimmick and for kingvamp it's not.

it's better to leave other people to what they want to say and avoid fights. unless it will affect you.
I hear yea but,

antwill said:
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Jan 15 2011, 02:57 PM) Can you think of another portable with 3D games on the go?
What you mean besides the VirtualBoy?
If you call that probable. Not even the same 3D.

And who made that? Who even after not having something go well they try again and again trying to make something new for us.

The technology at that time wasn't there to make the 3DS.

While other companies copy the exact same thing without even trying to make something new come to us.

Do the 3ds not look like a innovation from VirtualBoy?

midnightshinigam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.y-gallery.net
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
If you call that probable. Not even the same 3D.

And who made that? Who even after not having something go well they try again and again trying to make something new for us.

The technology at that time wasn't there to make the 3DS.

While other companies copy the exact same thing without even trying to make something new come to us.

Do the 3ds not look like a innovation from VirtualBoy?

The Virtual Boy was advertised as being portable, so yes it is a portable system

The 3DS is an innovation because it doesn't use two screens in eye pieces to create said effect.

Edit: Okay, I reread your post and I think that's what you were getting at.

I will agree that this is a gimmick. People will be impressed with 3D for a week and then switch it off. If trends stay the same, 3D will disappear and then come back next decade.
tongue.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
_Chaz_ said:
KingVamp said:
ha...

As soon Nintendo make a new thing/idea/innovation it called a gimmick.

But if Sony made it first, it be like AwesoMe!!!111!!!!
What did Sony make first?
games on cd's and that's it after that they've stolen borrowed nintendos ideas. nintendo is the ONLY one who atually comes up with new ideas that's how it's always been:

d-pad
L-R buttons
analog stick
shall i continue?

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Bladexdsl said:
_Chaz_ said:
KingVamp said:
ha...

As soon Nintendo make a new thing/idea/innovation it called a gimmick.

But if Sony made it first, it be like AwesoMe!!!111!!!!
What did Sony make first?
games on cd's and that's it after that they've stolen borrowed nintendos ideas. nintendo is the ONLY one who atually comes up with new ideas that's how it's always been:

d-pad
L-R buttons
analog stick
shall i continue?

wireless control.
two screens
?brightness setting?

midnightshinigam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.y-gallery.net
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:

d-pad
L-R buttons
analog stick
shall i continue?

The funny thing was the Playstation originated as a Super Famicom/combo back in 1991. From what I've read, Nintendo approached Sony in order to make a SNES/CD console and then went with Phillips (which didn't work out either).

Sony didn't come up with using CDs either. NEC had first used CDs for games back in 1989 with the Turbo Graphx 16

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
midnightshinigami said:
From what I've read, Nintendo approached Sony in order to make a SNES/CD console and then went with Phillips.

it's actually the other way round sony approached nintendo and wanted to sell them their game CD idea nintendo didn't want nothing to do with cd's at the time so sony made their own console hence the psx1 was born.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does no one have research skills? Edit:Actually it is simple google skills.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_(console)
Nintendo approached Sony, they worked together, Nintendo decides they don't like the contract, secretly work with Philips, announce at CES allied with Philips

Edit2:
d-pad
The first "connected" (pad) style D-pad appeared in 1981 on a handheld game system: "Cosmic Hunter" on Milton Bradley's Microvision. The pad was operated the same way today's D-pads are, using the thumb to manipulate the onscreen "hero" character in any of four directions.

L-R button
No history of shoulder buttons but Snes may have been the first game controller to add them.

analog stick
In 1982 Atari released their first controller with a potentiometer-based analog stick for their Atari 5200 home console.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
purplesludge said:
Does no one have research skills? Edit:Actually it is simple google skills.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_(console)
Nintendo approached Sony, they worked together, Nintendo decides they don't like the contract, secretly work with Philips, announce at CES allied with Philips

Edit2:
d-pad
The first "connected" (pad) style D-pad appeared in 1981 on a handheld game system: "Cosmic Hunter" on Milton Bradley's Microvision. The pad was operated the same way today's D-pads are, using the thumb to manipulate the onscreen "hero" character in any of four directions.

L-R button
No history of shoulder buttons but Snes may have been the first game controller to add them.

analog stick
In 1982 Atari released their first controller with a potentiometer-based analog stick for their Atari 5200 home console.
You're ruining fanboys arguments by actually doing the research?!
ohnoes.png
MADNESS!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:

um nintendo had the d-pad on the famicon in japan way b4 that

QUOTEn 1982 Atari released their first controller with a potentiometer-based analog stick for their Atari 5200 home console.

not the same wasn't really an analog stick just a updated joystick it wasn't capable of doing what the n64 analog did and if i remember correctly the damn thing never worked too well
tongue.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEn 1982 Atari released their first controller with a potentiometer-based analog stick for their Atari 5200 home console.

not the same wasn't really an analog stick just a updated joystick it wasn't capable of doing what the n64 analog did and if i remember correctly the damn thing never worked too well
tongue.gif
Oh yes the Famicon... that was released in 1983...
Do your fucking research you damn fanboy!

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
antwill said:
at least i'm a REAL gamer HA HA HA

--- end of line ---
I'm confused how you got that from my post? Or is it just you throwing a tantrum because you were proven wrong twice, and the only thing you could come up with is to try and make a joke hoping to make everyone forget you were proven wrong twice?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:

d-pad
L-R buttons
analog stick
shall i continue?

Despite the fact the Playstation was released 2 years before the N64 and had...

- Analog sticks
- L-R buttons (well trigger buttons or whatever you want to call it)

That's 2/3 of your list. And it was before Nintendo "introduced" them on the N64.

Also, people don't give nearly enough credit to the Dreamcast. Just thought I'd say it.

Bladexdsl said:
QUOTEThe first "connected" (pad) style D-pad appeared in 1981 on a handheld game system: "Cosmic Hunter" on Milton Bradley's Microvision. The pad was operated the same way today's D-pads are, using the thumb to manipulate the onscreen "hero" character in any of four directions.

The Famicom/NES was released in 1983 in Japan. I wasn't aware 2 years after the fact was considered "way b4 that".

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Released in 1994, the PlayStation control pad was the first controller made for the original PlayStation. It featured a basic design of a D-pad, 4 main select buttons ( ('Triangle'), ('Circle/O'), ('Cross/X') and ('Square') ), and start and select buttons on the face. 'Shoulder buttons' are also featured on the top [L1, L2, R1, R2] (named by the side [L=Left, R=Right] and 1 or 2 [top and bottom]). In 1996, Sony released the PlayStation Analog Joystick for use with flight simulation games.[108] The original digital controller was then replaced by the Dual Analog in 1997, which added two analog sticks based on the same potentiometer technology as the Analog Joystick.[109] This controller was then also succeeded by the DualShock controller.

Analog sticks weren't in launch, and were released in the same year as the N64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958