Not all 3DS games in 3d

testatura

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
...just found this, we all already knew this,but nao its official ,an if its already discussed somewhere I beg your pardon!​
main6.jpg

Miyamoto:
Suddenly requesting all the game developers to only make 3D games on game cards exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS from now on would really raise the hurdle for them. We thought it would be better for developers, as well as players, if they could do as they please depending on the software, having images jump out just a little or making games based significantly on 3D.[/p]

well its kinda cool cause i am sure well have some awesome graphics games locked to 2d..

icon11.gif
Source

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
That's cool, and kinda expected. Makes no difference though, as long as the game is awesome, no one will complain. :3

testatura

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
game01 said:
well, game production will probably take longer time if all games will be in 3d.

and I hope itll be more expensive,so there wont be so much shovelware, at least in the begining, once its get rolling it will come
biggrin.gif

@game01 format what ? I work with photoshop, and I draw shit,its commendable that i can write at all
biggrin.gif

blink.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
testatura said:
@game01 format what ? I work with photoshop, and I draw shit,its commendable that i can write at all
biggrin.gif

blink.gif

QUOTE(Coreyfrog7 @ Jan 14 2011, 05:44 PM) you should probably format this correctly

eh? you're talking to the wrong person man, but i'll answer you're question.

he means to format your post properly, read here

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
main6.jpg

Miyamoto:
Suddenly requesting all the game developers to only make 3D games on game cards exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS from now on would really raise the hurdle for them. We thought it would be better for developers, as well as players, if they could do as they please depending on the software, having images jump out just a little or making games based significantly on 3D.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

well its kinda cool cause i am sure well have some awesome graphics games locked to 2d..

---------------------------------------------

Seet it up for you, just copy it into your first post
smile.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
there are soo many 2d games tht have been amazing on the DS (like NSMB which looks 2d gameplay wise) thus looking good is what matters especially on platformers
on the other hand, there are many boring 3d games (esp those tht came from movies- wont mention as ppl may have another opinion) on the ds
the reason for a good game is usually a good developer (and maybe theme)

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
there are soo many 2d games tht have been amazing on the DS (like NSMB which looks 2d gameplay wise) thus looking good is what matters especially on platformers
on the other hand, there are many boring 3d games (esp those tht came from movies- wont mention as ppl may have another opinion) on the ds
the reason for a good game is usually a good developer (and maybe theme)
That's not what they meant by '3D' in this case...

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Code:
[center][img]http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/data/3ds/main6.jpg[/img][/center]

[P= ]Miyamoto:
Suddenly requesting all the game developers to only make 3D games on game cards exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS from now on would really raise the hurdle for them. We thought it would be better for developers, as well as players, if they could do as they please depending on the software, having images jump out just a little or making games based significantly on 3D.[/P]

[img]http://gbatemp.net/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon11.gif[/img] [url="http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interview.html#/how-nintendo-3ds-made/0/5"]Source[/url]

Thats the formatting you need, although its just a template and you dont need to follow it exactly.

testatura

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
got it ,thanx! i wont make any more mistakes
smile.gif

yup,looks much better now..

grog.gif

on to the subject.. i just hope there wont be many games that make me use all controls i mean buttons n stick n touch screen cause i hate when someone touches my ds with fingers (its not an iphone,theres a fucking pen, you idiot!) like tony hawk ,where you mash all buttons and you have to activate special on touch screen.. i havent ever used special
biggrin.gif

and about 3d.. well i am looking forward to all wonderful sidescrolers with 3,4 levels of depth,(castlevaniaOMG) it seems easier to be done then perhaps fully 3d game like resident evil.. and maybe even spends less battery than "full 3d" ...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HaniKazmi said:
It'll probably similar to how DS games dont use the touchscreen.

Indeed, having been there during the DS early days and seeing some many developers crowbar some touch screen action into their game (seemingly at the behest of Nintendo)......... bad times.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely a good thing!

On a very related note; what do they drink in that boardroom? I've seen it in loads of pictures from the Iwata Asks interviews...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...