North Korea probably not behind Sony attack, says security analyst

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is someone who "wants to get revenge on sony" then they would have done more damage, where is this "michael lynton" file doc dump ?
this is clearly a psyop by the people who run hollywood media and the government to get people to support sanctions on NK( or worse)
and to get the people to support new internet security crackdown measures, they had TPB raided and shut the same week because they thought this ridiculous propaganda stunt would give them more public support for such things
you have to be really retarded not to see through the obvious media lies and propaganda here, telling people that somehow an "attack"(trivial bullshit leak non story) on a multinational japanese founded privately owned multinational corporation is somehow an attack murkia and muh freedumbs
i will wager that we will see some new draconian cyber security bill/s coming down the pipe really soon ,if not in the next month then in the not so distant future
the government and hollyweird shitbag scum couldn't get their COICA,SOPA PIPA bills through, or their ACTA treaty and the government pieces of shit couldn't get their CISPA pr CISA bill through so they pull this to get support for their censorship bills/treaties , sony gets support from the public now too cause now dumb ass americans who can't think for themselves will think a fabricated cyber attack on a private multinational corporation and it's profits is an attack on muh freedumbs just as they are told will now and go out and support sony pictures by consuming more of their shit
and patriotically(idiotically) support anything TPTB want to do to best korea

Reactions: SS4

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is someone who "wants to get revenge on sony" then they would have done more damage, where is this "michael lynton" file doc dump ?
this is clearly a psyop by the people who run hollywood media and the government to get people to support sanctions on NK( or worse)
and to get the people to support new internet security crackdown measures, they had TPB raided and shut the same week because they thought this ridiculous propaganda stunt would give them more public support for such things
you have to be really retarded not to see through the obvious media lies and propaganda here, telling people that somehow an "attack"(trivial bullshit leak non story) on a multinational japanese founded privately owned multinational corporation is somehow an attack murkia and muh freedumbs
i will wager that we will see some new draconian cyber security bill/s coming down the pipe really soon ,if not in the next month then in the not so distant future
the government and hollyweird shitbag scum couldn't get their COICA,SOPA PIPA bills through, or their ACTA treaty and the government pieces of shit couldn't get their CISPA pr CISA bill through so they pull this to get support for their censorship bills/treaties , sony gets support from the public now too cause now dumb ass americans who can't think for themselves will think a fabricated cyber attack on a private multinational corporation and it's profits is an attack on muh freedumbs just as they are told will now and go out and support sony pictures by consuming more of their shit
and patriotically(idiotically) support anything TPB want to do to best korea
I think we should all pitch in as a community and pay for weatMod's antipsychotic medication since he clearly stopped taking his.

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Its not like it would be the first time USA lies and fool its population for their own agenda but who knows what really happened?
Is it really important?
Seem just like someone messed up bad and is trying to put the blame on someone else . . .

If they wanted to fit their "own agenda" they would've blamed Russia. Blaming North Korea doesn't mean shit for the US.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony laid off at least 5000 employees in 2014, with several thousand more in the past few years. Many of these were in Sony's PC and IT departments. I am not saying this is for sure what happened, but the possibility of an inside revenge attack is there.

Reactions: GHANMI
D

Deleted User

Oh Sony when is your devs going to learn to the basics in coding like use a random algorithm and not use 4 as a random number...

int getRandomNumber()
{
return 4;
}

That's from an XKCD comic, and that's not exactly what Sony did... It's a bit more complicated than that.

But yes, they did not use a random number for whatever reason (most likely a bug that someone forgot to fix, or test code left in...).

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one good thing came out of this. we won't have to endure another terrible steve carell movie :lol:

As much as I hate Steve's movies, this one looked like it was gonna be funny has hell. Plus at least his humor doesn't make him look like a retard or make me feel embarrassed for him...Those honors belong to the will ferrell..God I hate Will Failures' movies.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I don't believe the country that fail to launch rocket because they using Window 8 could do something like that. :lol:
Usually they will think of Chinese hacker first but since they doesn't steal anything, it could only be NK.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If this turns out to be a publicity stunt from Sony it'll be the best one ever

If this turns out to be a hoax, or PR stunt, it's the worst one in recent history :( It's way way past the point of being a PR stunt/hoax, threats have been mentioned etc.

What also makes me think it isn't North Korea, is the fact that the movie was published on torrent sites.
If they want the movie gone, why publish it?!?!?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this turns out to be a hoax, or PR stunt, it's the worst one in recent history :( It's way way past the point of being a PR stunt/hoax, threats have been mentioned etc.

What also makes me think it isn't North Korea, is the fact that the movie was published on torrent sites.
If they want the movie gone, why publish it?!?!?
I doubt theatres get copies of the film minutes before they show it. Someone probably took their copy and uploaded it.

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, sure, and it could also allow the director of the CIA to take a shot that that pesky rival of his, Seth Rogen. See? I can make up ridiculous things too. This isn't gonna make the U.S. populace afraid for their virtual safety and have them throw away their freedoms. Especially since the U.S. populace doesn't even control what laws go into effect; lobbyists do.

If anything, Sony and the MPAA will be lobbying harder then they already do for stricter surveillance and government copyright enforcement after this hack attack.

Reactions: SS4

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony laid off at least 5000 employees in 2014, with several thousand more in the past few years. Many of these were in Sony's PC and IT departments. I am not saying this is for sure what happened, but the possibility of an inside revenge attack is there.

but no real damage was done ,if that were the case they could have caused some real damage not some stupid trivial tabloid TMZ level bullshit nobody gives a fuck about ,anyone can call in a threat and say they are going to bomb theaters it doesn't require being a former IT employee at sony
and these "leaks" are nothing , movies get leaked all the time , and stupid tabloid level gossip that got leaked means fuckall too to sony, it benefits them more than it hurts them if this results in more "cyber security" internet crackdowns for more control

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we should all pitch in as a community and pay for weatMod's antipsychotic medication since he clearly stopped taking his.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Intelligence_Sharing_and_Protection_Act

"The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPAH.R. 3523 (112th Congress), H.R. 624(113th Congress)) is a proposed law in the United States which would allow for the ******sharing of Internet traffic information between the U.S. government and technology and manufacturing companies.*****"

"CISPA has been criticized by advocates of Internet privacy and civil liberties, such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the American Civil Liberties Union, Free Press, Fight for the Future, and Avaaz.org, as well as various conservative and libertarian groups including the Competitive Enterprise Institute, TechFreedom,FreedomWorks, Americans for Limited Government, Liberty Coalition, and the American Conservative Union. Those groups argue CISPA contains too few limits on how and when the government may monitor a private individual’s Internet browsing information. Additionally, they fear that such new powers could be used to spy on the general public rather than to pursue malicious hackers.[10][11] CISPA had garnered favor from corporations and lobbying groups such as Microsoft, Facebook, AT&T, IBM, Apple Inc. and the United States Chamber of Commerce, which look on it as a simple and effective means of sharing important cyber threat information with the government.[12]"

" *****Some critics saw wording included in CISPA as a second attempt to protect intellectual property after the Stop Online Piracy Act was taken off the table by Congress after it met opposition.[13]Intellectual property theft was initially listed in the bill as a possible cause for sharing Web traffic information with the government******"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Worst would be getting a DRM rootkit from using audio CDs and then Sony getting sued.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Least I can throw the nvme at neighbors now
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    get a 2 TB NVMe from amazon, return the fucked one, get replacement and send that one to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Easier way buy one with a preadded heatsync pop the heat sync open
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some nerd at Amazon warehouse may tell the end of the colors off
    I'd like a 990 pro tyvm <З
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gen 5s going to be crazy expensive at like 10k transfer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $300for 2tb
    don't have anything that can take PCIe5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's still m.2 form just the next gen
    ew crucial
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 6tb nvme pc ftw