Hacking NooB questions about the USB Loader.

mercenario27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to start off, thank you for all of your hard work. The USB Loader has been a life safer, its allow me to backup all my games onto a usb hard drive. No more ruined discs! I have upgraded my wii with the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide. I use a universal forwarder to load directly to the cfg usb loader.

Is there a way to load the wads with the USB Loader?
Are there any homebrew apps compatible with the USB Loader?
Is there anything else I can do with the USB Loader other than load games?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mercenario27 said:
Just want to start off, thank you for all of your hard work. The USB Loader has been a life safer, its allow me to backup all my games onto a usb hard drive. No more ruined discs! I have upgraded my wii with the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide. I use a universal forwarder to load directly to the cfg usb loader.

Is there a way to load the wads with the USB Loader?
GX can load installed .wads. From an USB-Drive or SD, no, currently no way right now (cIOS rev14, which should come out today, will bring this)
Are there any homebrew apps compatible with the USB Loader?
? What do you mean? HBC 1.0.3 can already load app from USB, and USB Loader GX has also an HBC integrated
Is there anything else I can do with the USB Loader other than load games?
Yeah, he can make you a Toast..-.- . WTF do you mean? USB Loaders load games, sometimes Homebrew, not more.
I would say, get GX, play a bit around, and you'll see what you'll get.

mercenario27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a forwarder with Preloader to boot directly to CFG Usb Loader; this way my kids can't screw anything up. Lately they have been complaining about not being able to play some of the channels we purchased. I was wondering if was any of the USB Loaders would allow me to run homebrew and Wii Channels from inside the USB Loader.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercenario27 said:
I am using a forwarder with Preloader to boot directly to CFG Usb Loader; this way my kids can't screw anything up. Lately they have been complaining about not being able to play some of the channels we purchased. I was wondering if was any of the USB Loaders would allow me to run homebrew and Wii Channels from inside the USB Loader.

Newere versions of USB Loader GX include a homebrew/channel launcher within the loader itself. However would take away a layer of security for you and your kids as to get to that part you have to go through the homebrew launcher which has all your SD:\apps\ listed just like HBC does. I might make a suggestion about seperating these two features.

mercenario27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quess I'm going to leave everything the way it is for now. I have erased and changed things once already, I don't want to risk anything else for now. Thanks again for all the hard work everyone has put in to these projects.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Logan said:
mercenario27 said:
Newer versions of USB Loader GX include a homebrew/channel launcher within the loader itself. However would take away a layer of security for you and your kids as to get to that part you have to go through the homebrew launcher which has all your SD:\apps\ listed just like HBC does. I might make a suggestion about seperating these two features.
The loader locks the Homebrew launcher if not in godmode
If they just place the channel launcher button at the main screen, the problem should be solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...