Hacking Noob Questions About PS4 Hacking

steamcheapcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to jailbreak my PS4, but I read that every time the console powers down (not sleep) the hack needs to be redone. I also read that you cannot play online with a jailbroken PS4

1. How long does it take to reapply the jailbreak? Are there a lot of steps?
2. Am I not able to ever play online again ever, or only when jailbreak is applied?
3. If I play on jailbreak, then power down, then power up, and don't re-jailbreak right away, can I play some PSN games online without fear of being banned for what I did when I had the system jailbroken? If so, is there a way to delete the records of what I did before I play online again?
4. Anything else I should know before I dive in, with regard to unforeseen consequences (such as bans, not being able to play online again, etc.)?

Thanks!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you omitted it because you already know this or because you didn't know but are you aware that you need to be on firmware 5.05 or lower for it to be hacked and that you can't play any games above 5.05? There's also no way to downgrade.

So basically you won't be able to play anything that came out in the last 12 months not even if you own the game unless you have a 2nd PS4.

You can never play online again unless you update but then you'd lose the hack.

Last edited by ,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to jailbreak my PS4, but I read that every time the console powers down (not sleep) the hack needs to be redone. I also read that you cannot play online with a jailbroken PS4

1. How long does it take to reapply the jailbreak? Are there a lot of steps? Take about 30 seconds or so once you cache the exploit, it is simple as just running the homebrew enabler.

2. Am I not able to ever play online again ever, or only when jailbreak is applied? No PSN service, you go above 5.07 you lose the exploit.

3. If I play on jailbreak, then power down, then power up, and don't re-jailbreak right away, can I play some PSN games online without fear of being banned for what I did when I had the system jailbroken? If so, is there a way to delete the records of what I did before I play online again? Nope, you can't use PSN along with a jailbreakable ps4, wipe the whole system if you want to go clean.

4. Anything else I should know before I dive in, with regard to unforeseen consequences (such as bans, not being able to play online again, etc.)? Buy a spare PS4 if you want to play online, going online with a homebrewed ps4 would get you ban and lower the value of the system.

Thanks!

steamcheapcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you omitted it because you already know this or because you didn't know but are you aware that you need to be on firmware 5.05 or lower for it to be hacked and that you can't play any games above 5.05? There's also no way to downgrade.

So basically you won't be able to play anything that came out in the last 12 months not even if you own the game unless you have a 2nd PS4.

You can never play online again unless you update but then you'd lose the hack.

Hey thanks! I did know about the firmware issue. When you say I can never play online again, does that mean that online functionality is forever disabled unless I update, or that I need to "avoid" playing online because I will be banned?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can update and get online back. I don't think Sony knows you've hacked your PS4 because you're offline. But Hayato can probably say for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/xbox-series-x-2-2tb-090117688.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR...