Hacking Trying to jailbreak but can't deactivate

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I have an old PS4 console that I used to use as my main rig before I upgraded to a PS5.

I would like to jailbreak this old console. It was originally on firmware 8.00 and I successfully managed to update to 9.00.

I would like to fully format the PS4 before I introduce any kind of hack to it, as the console contains all my legit PSN accounts etc. I don't want to risk any kind of ban. -- I basically don't want to mix any of my legit stuff with jailbroken stuff.

So I'm trying to do a full format of my console but I keep getting the following error

"Cannot deactivate this PS4 for the following users:

Sign in to PlayStation Network with these accounts and try again."

The issue is that I cannot sign into PSN without updating to the lastest firmware... If I update to the latest firmware I can no longer jailbreak my console.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don’t worry about it. You can’t go online with it to deactivate it without updating, and that would mean you can’t jailbreak. So just go past it, and don’t worry.

I believe you can deactivate linked consoles from the app, but I’ve never done it myself.

I’ve formatted hundred of consoles, it’s never been an issue.

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don’t worry about it. You can’t go online with it to deactivate it without updating, and that would mean you can’t jailbreak. So just go past it, and don’t worry.

I believe you can deactivate linked consoles from the app, but I’ve never done it myself.

I’ve formatted hundred of consoles, it’s never been an issue.
Cheers man! I used the app on my phone to unlink all devices and it worked perfectly fine! However I'm having another issue now.

So I setup a manual internet connection with the PS4 (I tried both WiFi and LAN) and set the DNS as following:

When I go to the "User Guide" link it tries to redirect me to the "ithaqua" exploit menu page. But instead I get a PS4 error followed by a white webpage with some error codes and "couldn't resolve host name". --
I tried the same process but using my friends Wifi hotspot on his phone, worked perfectly, I was able to jailbreak my console fine. But the moment I connect the PS4 back to my home internet connection, the same thing happens.

So I tried something else. Instead of going to the "User Guide" link. I opened the web browser and went to knighthostking dot com. The page loaded and I was able to run the exploit using that website perfectly fine. -- I thought my troubles were over, but after rebooting my PS4 and trying to go there again. I was hit with the same error as above. In fact any website I try to visit on the browser just throws me the same error.

Any ideas?

eemcmCL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you want to initialize the console, reinstall the full firmware 9.00, doing that will format the internal drive and start the factory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: