Noob Questions About PS4 Hacking

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by steamcheapcom, Apr 9, 2019.

1. steamcheapcom
    OP

steamcheapcom Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United States
    I want to jailbreak my PS4, but I read that every time the console powers down (not sleep) the hack needs to be redone. I also read that you cannot play online with a jailbroken PS4

1. How long does it take to reapply the jailbreak? Are there a lot of steps?
    2. Am I not able to ever play online again ever, or only when jailbreak is applied?
    3. If I play on jailbreak, then power down, then power up, and don't re-jailbreak right away, can I play some PSN games online without fear of being banned for what I did when I had the system jailbroken? If so, is there a way to delete the records of what I did before I play online again?
    4. Anything else I should know before I dive in, with regard to unforeseen consequences (such as bans, not being able to play online again, etc.)?

Thanks!

2. Justin_Credible81

Justin_Credible81 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    I'm not sure if you omitted it because you already know this or because you didn't know but are you aware that you need to be on firmware 5.05 or lower for it to be hacked and that you can't play any games above 5.05? There's also no way to downgrade.

So basically you won't be able to play anything that came out in the last 12 months not even if you own the game unless you have a 2nd PS4.

You can never play online again unless you update but then you'd lose the hack.

Last edited by Justin_Credible81, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States

4. steamcheapcom
    OP

steamcheapcom Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United States

Hey thanks! I did know about the firmware issue. When you say I can never play online again, does that mean that online functionality is forever disabled unless I update, or that I need to "avoid" playing online because I will be banned?

5. Justin_Credible81

Justin_Credible81 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    I believe you can update and get online back. I don't think Sony knows you've hacked your PS4 because you're offline. But Hayato can probably say for sure.

6. steamcheapcom
    OP

steamcheapcom Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United States
    I am currently on 4.55. I'm guessing I should update to 5.05 before applying the jailbreak? What is the safest way to do so?

Last edited by steamcheapcom, Apr 9, 2019
  7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States