Hacking Noob question about Dr.Thunder's Monster Hunter patch.

Comedor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any way to apply this patch with a clean ISO?

I play backup games via DVD, so it wouldn't be very nice to keep burning the same game after every single patch.

It seems like it's possible to translate a game using Gecko Os, you just need to load some patch files from SD Card, but I haven't found any tutorial, I tried to use just the "RMHJ08.gct" and game boots fine, but freezes when you open a screen (ie: box). Pretty obvious since it's just 160bytes, lol.

http://mh3eng.wordpress.com/

Link for those that are not familiar with Dr.Thunder's patch. Thanks in advance.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Never had any problems with any of his patches, got them since rev1.

I applied the patch to a clean ISO yes, I took the caravan release as its unscrubbed.

Comedor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You had to use WiiScrubber, replace main.dol and etc, etc... right? That's not what I meant, sorry.

I was hoping for a translate-patch you don't need to modify the ISO at all. Something like a patch I can load with SD Card and homebrew (Gecko OS, etc).

IIRC Fatal Frame IV fan translation will be something like this, you just paste some files into the SD card and before you know you will be playing in english, with no need for any other modification.

Comedor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so Neogamma loads .dol files! \o/

BUT! Game freeze just after I choose "load" option on main menu. I got so hyped when I saw "checking Wii system memory" in english, damn you world! ='(

What could possibly be causing it to crash? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*