Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

RosalinaFan573

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. So I have some GameCube saves on my 3rd Party Madcatz 4x memory card. Nintendont loads my saves, but what will happen if I save to them?

AkiraRunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Wii and simply put I want to play games on it. I bought a 32GB SD card, but I am unsure how to mod it now/get homebrew channel to play games on it. I am a little lost so if anyone could point me to a guide that would be great :)
Start with letterbomb look it up on youtube then you need to softmod again look on youtube then get usbloadergx look on youtube

addas

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!
so I have a Japanese Wii running American System menu 4.3U, so I had all the channels in Japanese, so I wanted to get rid of them, my friend (was my friend) told me to delete everything using AnyTitle Deleter, and he told me it is 100% safe (**** him, such a liar), so eventually I ended up by deleting all IOS and channels (including The Homebrew) except IOS36 (or IOS236 I dont remember), so I tried to run the LetterBomb, but sadly HackMii 1.2 told me that there are no exploits! :(

So my question is,
is there a version of Hackmii that exploits IOS36, or is there any exploit for IOS36?

Sorry for my noobness and stupidity , and sorry for believing what-so-called this devilish friend!

BTW: I have a corrupted old NAND Backup (2Kilobytes), is it possible to repair it?

Last edited by addas,

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
so I have a Japanese Wii running American System menu 4.3U, so I had all the channels in Japanese, so I wanted to get rid of them, my friend (was my friend) told me to delete everything using AnyTitle Deleter, and he told me it is 100% safe (**** him, such a liar), so eventually I ended up by deleting all IOS and channels (including The Homebrew) except IOS36 (or IOS236 I dont remember), so I tried to run the LetterBomb, but sadly HackMii 1.2 told me that there are no exploits! :(

So my question is,
is there a version of Hackmii that exploits IOS36, or is there any exploit for IOS36?

Sorry for my noobness and stupidity , and sorry for believing what-so-called this devilish friend!

BTW: I have a corrupted old NAND Backup (2Kilobytes), is it possible to repair it?
Well, I'm pretty sure there aren't any exploits (don't take my word on that) but if your nand is 2kb it's probably unrecoverable.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

So my question is,

Well, I'm pretty sure there aren't any exploits (don't take my word on that) but if your nand is 2kb it's probably unrecoverable.

Wii NANDs are (I believe) always 540673 KB (528 MB). You wouldn't recover much of it. Maybe you're confusing the keys with the NAND? Either that or your NAND copying was aborted/stopped. But can you please explain what you mean by "HackMii told me there are no exploits"? You e-mailed HackMii? Also, where did all this start? Did you buy a hacked Wii? or maybe you haven't played it in a while and decided to get it out and play it?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii NANDs are (I believe) always 540673 KB (528 MB). You wouldn't recover much of it. Maybe you're confusing the keys with the NAND? Either that or your NAND copying was aborted/stopped. But can you please explain what you mean by "HackMii told me there are no exploits"? You e-mailed HackMii? Also, where did all this start? Did you buy a hacked Wii? or maybe you haven't played it in a while and decided to get it out and play it?
The no exploits found would have come up because he uninstalled all his IOSs, so the Hackmii installer had nothing to use as an exploit. As for a solution @addas, do you have bootmii installed as boot2? Also, how are you running letterbomb? System menu 4.3 runs on IOS 80, which you claim you deleted.

Last edited by person66,

addas

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I hope there are exploits for IOS36, and yes my NAND.bin is possibly corrupted because I recovered it from my old dead laptop.

My NAND.bin is possibly corrupted because I recovered it from my old dead laptop.

No, I didn't email Hackmii, I got this error message when retrying to use LetterBomb Hackmii Installer:
"This installer can NOT continue! There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii. Please note that we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to security reasons. Look for an updated version at: http://bootmii.org. If this is already the latest version... well, suck it."

So the story is, I purchased this Japanese Wii from eBay last year, but I didn't have any Japanese games, so I just hacked it and kept it stored because I didn't understand it, so within last 3 months I was buying Wii games from eBay to make a collection and dump it to an external HDD and give it to my younger brother for his birthday, so mostly everything worked except the Japanese channels, so my devilish friend told me a way to delete those Japanese channels, so he said you should delete everything using AnyTitle Deleter except the ones with brick-protection notes, so I "stupidly" did what he said!

The no exploits found would have come up because he uninstalled all his IOSs, so the Hackmii installer had nothing to use as an exploit. As for a solution @addas, do you have bootmii installed as boot2? Also, how are you running letterbomb? System menu 4.3 runs on IOS 80, which you claim you deleted.

Yepp, I have bootmii installed as boot2, but I don't know how to launch it, as I tried launching it using SD Card containing bootmii data but it was unsuccessful.

I can run the Wii normally. I think I have IOS 80 because I kept only 3 IOSes as I had 2 brick-protection IOS deleting warnings and 1 other warning that I am using the current IOS36

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try getting the entire system update for the console's region using NUSDownloader and install it.

You can use ModMii to recreate the bootmii folder required for using it. Just use "C - Build config files for BootMii..." and copy those to an SD card.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I've been running my Wii with and without hacks literally for years without IOS 80 and I just recently decided to patch it. How was I able to run LetterBomb when IOS 80 is needed?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yepp, I have bootmii installed as boot2, but I don't know how to launch it, as I tried launching it using SD Card containing bootmii data but it was unsuccessful.

I can run the Wii normally. I think I have IOS 80 because I kept only 3 IOSes as I had 2 brick-protection IOS deleting warnings and 1 other warning that I am using the current IOS36
If you have bootmii as boot2 I think you should be able to use WiiGator's cBoot2 to install WADs. Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3hzcoqiec7o0gww/cBoot2+++Wad+Manager.zip and extract it to the root of your sd card. Note that that archive has WAD Manager 1.5 as the boot.dol file, but you should be able to replace this with any other boot.dol (such as Multi-Mod Manager).

Next use something like ModMii to download all your IOSs. In modmii, this can be done by launching it (the CLI version, NOT ModMiiSkin), going to Download Page 1, and typing I, then hitting enter (it should put stars beside most of the IOSs) and then typing D, hitting enter, and downloading everything. Then copy the WAD folder it makes over to your sd card as well.

Next just put the sd card in the wii and turn it on. If you do have bootmii as boot2 (and the sd card is supported, most are, just make sure its 2GB or less) then cBoot2 should start and load whatever you put as the boot.dol file. From there, just install all the WADs. Hopefully it will work.

Last edited by person66, , Reason: typo (poot -> put)
Reactions: addas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2