Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah the flash drive issue is there but, I think there is a USB loader that supports flash loading but I don't know what it is. Wiiflow doesn't seem to work but maybe CFG does. I can't remember well but, I think the one USB loader that supported flash loading was a pretty minor/old/outdated one. Either way, a HDD is cheaper for more space so that's my choice.
Your PC not picking up the USB hdd could just be that it's WBFS formatted and can only be read by a program like, WBFS Manager. If that's the case, you could always convert it from WBFS to FAT32 (there's a guide on gbatemp somewhere).

USB powered HDDs can work but sometimes they need both USB ports IIRC (maybe that's only on Wii U). I do know some other users that do have USB-powered HDDs so it likely should be okay but I can't say for sure 100%.
I think Ive sorted it. It was my hard drive. I tried running wii games off a usn flash drive and when I tried usbloadergx, an error message popped up saying something like "usb device not found", I tried wii flow but rather than pick up yhe two games I had on my flashdrive, I had the option of installing a game. I popped in my Loz, the skyward sword in and it went to install the game but stopped as I didnt have enough room on my flashdrive (its only 8gb). Finally I tried configurable usb loader and it worked. I could play both games that I had on my flashdrive. When I went to download the covers, I did get an error message telling me files not found but Im not worried about this atm. I would prefer usbloadergx because im used to it but as long as the games run then its ok. Just got to wait for my new ext hdd to arrive now.......hopefully it will be here this week

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so it was CFG that supports flash drive loading. I haven't used it in a few years now.
The USB-powered hdd probably will be fine but worst case scenario, there are adapters and other options if it doesn't.

Kazekai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well...f**k my whole life

So, today I found an old Wii game in a pile of clothing and thought I'd back it up to my WBFS folder on my external because games (and controllers) are great at getting lost in my house. Unfortunately because I haven't backed anything up in months, I forgot how.

So one thing led to another and now my external HDD is screwed - or at least, no longer in FAT32 format, which means my PS3 can't read it. And for some even stranger reason, formatting it with WBFS manager to FAT32 makes it impossible for Windows 7 to read.

I've basically been looking around the internet for solutions. Thing is, before I had to format my computer a couple months ago, I could format this drive to FAT32, so I dunno what its problem is. :l Now it doesn't give me that option, and according to the internet it's because Microsoft are jerks and don't let you format big drives to FAT32.

So what I'm asking is: What's the normal way you guys format your drives to this format if Windows is (somehow) not capable of doing it?

Probably not the best place to ask but this is technically a Wii-related question...

I'm pretty upset about this since I use my HDD to watch things from my PS3, now I can't watch Bob Ross episodes on my big TV while falling asleep on the couch anymore. D: Any help is appreciated. (Also why does WBFS manager hate me? >_>)

Edit: I found this on the third page of a PS3 thread on Eurogamer - it does exactly what I just asked for, but you have to backup your files (which I did) and now I'm very happy. :3

BiggySmalls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figure I should ask people who actually know what they're doing. I used https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ to mod my wii, downloaded wiiflow, got some games and everything ran smoothly. But a few days ago I let a friend use my wii, he played some goldeneye and got online, I thought nothing of it since I usually play brawl online too (I'm not sure if this is important but he was the last person to use my wii before it got messed up, I asked if he did an update or something but he never gave a straight answer). The next day I booted wiiflow just fine but when I loaded a game it played the one I had in the disc instead. I tried again, this time without a disc inserted but the screen just went black. I downloaded configurable usb loader and when I ran it, it said that "cios 249 is a stub" and to reinstall it. So my question is do I just reinstall the cios, is it that simple? I also remember skyward sword asking me to perform an update when wiiflow was working, but now it's not asking for anything and goes straight to the game. I ran a syscheck as well, would that have been simpler? I'm worried about bricking my wii and just want to be on the safe side, any help would be really appreciated.

CrookedKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just softmodded my v4.3U Wii (very old model, which means bootMii installed as boot2, yay) and when I try to install a .wad nothing happens. The program runs normally and says the installation was successful, but when I go back to the main menu there's no new channel added. I'm confused. Tried both WAD Manager 1.7 and YAWMM, with the same results.

D

Deleted User

I just softmodded my v4.3U Wii (very old model, which means bootMii installed as boot2, yay) and when I try to install a .wad nothing happens. The program runs normally and says the installation was successful, but when I go back to the main menu there's no new channel added. I'm confused. Tried both WAD Manager 1.7 and YAWMM, with the same results.

What are you trying to install???

D

Deleted User

I figure I should ask people who actually know what they're doing. I used https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ to mod my wii, downloaded wiiflow, got some games and everything ran smoothly. But a few days ago I let a friend use my wii, he played some goldeneye and got online, I thought nothing of it since I usually play brawl online too (I'm not sure if this is important but he was the last person to use my wii before it got messed up, I asked if he did an update or something but he never gave a straight answer). The next day I booted wiiflow just fine but when I loaded a game it played the one I had in the disc instead. I tried again, this time without a disc inserted but the screen just went black. I downloaded configurable usb loader and when I ran it, it said that "cios 249 is a stub" and to reinstall it. So my question is do I just reinstall the cios, is it that simple? I also remember skyward sword asking me to perform an update when wiiflow was working, but now it's not asking for anything and goes straight to the game. I ran a syscheck as well, would that have been simpler? I'm worried about bricking my wii and just want to be on the safe side, any help would be really appreciated.

Right have you got latest wii firmware and got bootmii on boot2?? and to reinstall cios 249 i suggest you use : https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list and it is simple

CrookedKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow did the trick! Thanks much.

One final question: I can run backups now, but I'm getting some seriously long load times; Fire Emblem takes about 5 seconds to start a battle scene and one or two to load up a character portrait, and 10 or so to start music tracks (which then skip through the first few seconds repeatedly). Is that an issue with playing Gamecube backups in general and I'll have to live with it, or is it the ISO I'm using, or should I try a faster SD card (this one is Class 4)?

Edit: Hmmm, looking around indicates I should try re-formatting the SD card with 64K data clusters. I'll give that a shot when I get home.

D

Deleted User

Wiiflow did the trick! Thanks much.

One final question: I can run backups now, but I'm getting some seriously long load times; Fire Emblem takes about 5 seconds to start a battle scene and one or two to load up a character portrait, and 10 or so to start music tracks (which then skip through the first few seconds repeatedly). Is that an issue with playing Gamecube backups in general and I'll have to live with it, or is it the ISO I'm using, or should I try a faster SD card (this one is Class 4)?

Try a faster SD card or try loading off external hdd then you have more space and in my opinion totally faster then SD card

CrookedKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I can only get it to load GC games off the SD card. I can run Wii games from a USB drive with no lag, but the launcher just doesn't see the Gamecube ISOs.

D

Deleted User

For some reason I can only get it to load GC games off the SD card. I can run Wii games from a USB drive with no lag, but the launcher just doesn't see the Gamecube ISOs.

Have you used discex on the gc iso and placed the folder in a folder called games on root of USB and make sure you install dios mios not the lite edition because lite edition is for SD card and normal for USB try it

CrookedKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried standard-issue DIOS MIOS before switching over to the SD card and Lite, and it kept spitting out errors. I'll try again if reformatting the card doesn't fix the lag, though.

Edit: Reformatting worked! Yay reformatting. The game plays flawlessly now.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was wondering if there's a tool to extract saved pictures on the wii nand from Photo channel to an SD card?

In 2008 I saved a lot of pictures and Metroid prime 3 screenshots on the wii but there is no option to copy them to an sd card in the Photo channel. I
want the pictures on my PC.

Sean Corrigan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im new to this, and have been trying to follow guides, im trying to dl and install ios36 and have the installer on my sd card, but I cant update from nus, and when i try to put the wad in the root of the sd, it just says
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-u3351.wad
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad.cut.wad
Error reading IOS into memory
IOS36 installation failed.
Press any button to exit...",
i also tried making a wad folder on my sd card and that didnt work having the same result as the root folder, any help is much appreciated seeing how i can no longer play my gc physical games and I cant get diosmios without this

D

Deleted User

Well im new to this, and have been trying to follow guides, im trying to dl and install ios36 and have the installer on my sd card, but I cant update from nus, and when i try to put the wad in the root of the sd, it just says
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-u3351.wad
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad.cut.wad
Error reading IOS into memory
IOS36 installation failed.
Press any button to exit...",
i also tried making a wad folder on my sd card and that didnt work having the same result as the root folder, any help is much appreciated seeing how i can no longer play my gc physical games and I cant get diosmios without this

You need IOS36 for dios mios??? Well i dont have it and it works perfectly fine.
Possible options:
Try installing wad using a CIOS
Try just installing DIOS MIOS without IOS36 and place all gc games into a games folder on the root of SD card if using dios mios lite or root of usb for normal dios mios
Try redownloading IOS36 using NUSDownloader For PC http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader and pack it it as a wad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: