XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
nothings wrong, priiloader can have a white or black background, and the one from the pic above is v0.6. I posted the pic to get a general idea of what priiloader looks like

Some sites don't allow hotlinking pictures. elotrolado.net is obviously one of them.
how so?

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
nothings wrong, priiloader can have a white or black background, and the one from the pic above is v0.6. I posted the pic to get a general idea of what priiloader looks like

Some sites don't allow hotlinking pictures. elotrolado.net is obviously one of them.
how so?

This is what it looks like:
gallery_286291_725_2148.gif

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how so?
We can't see the picture XFlak. That's proof that elotrolado.net blocks hotlinking.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

how so?
It's probably because you have it in your cache, but the rest of us can't see the screenshot of priiloader. This is what we see:
20uwmir.png

zeud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here goes something!
I have a 4.3U wii.
In the last few weeks I have been using homebrew to get my old school fav games onto the usb drive. I'm using a 1 gig sd card as i don't have wi-fi. I put on emulators for my nes and snes and was able to install channels for them using the forwarder that came with the emulator off wiibrew. I put on sega and was able to make a channel using Customizemii after i finally used wad manager to load a different ios. Now i use the same procedure i did for sega to try to make wii64 a channel and the channel installs. however when i click on the channel it hangs. i tried doing the channel both as a forwarder and as a standard channel and they both fail. Anyone know what is happening as i'm pretty lost. I have been finding great guides that have been helpful but this one has me more than lost. Thanks
Z

Wontu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.
I have BootMii and I have been trying to play Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. My Wii kept freezing at the black loading screens (sometimes I could use the home button but that would usually just freeze when I would click Menu).
After looking up the problem and asking a friend I thought I fixed the problem by changing the Block iOS Reload to On instead of Auto. But after that, my Wii would freeze at different points (the "cfg" screen, the game select screen, the game loading screen, and other points).
I'm not sure what the problem is, can barely try to figure out because my Wii keeps freezing.
Thanks in advance if you can help.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
block ios reload shouldn't have any impact on launching cfg usb loader itself (only impacts how games are launched after cfg usb loader is started).

What cIOSs do you have installed? Specifically what cIOS you have installed to slot 249? If you used ModMii to mod your wii you should have a d2x cIOS with base 56, which should be fine, but you'll need v6 or higher of d2x in order for block IOS reload to work properly (v6 was released around June 2011). If you need to update your cIOSs, just use ModMii to update your softmods (see my signature).

I know skyward sword requires you watch the motion + video before being able to play the game, have you watched this video before (either for this game or another game)? If not, change the alt-dol to disc, watch the video, then change the alt-dol back to it's original setting.

The fact that you are getting freezes while in configurable before launching a game tells me your problem is most likely either an outdated cIOS or an issue with your hard drive itself. The weird thing is that you claim the issue started after enabling block IOS reload... it's possible that's a coincidence, but I hate coincidences. Anyways, I suggest you ensure any sleep timers your HDD might have are disabled. Some HDDs come with software on them that you can install and use to disable the sleep timer (ie. Seagate dashboard or WD Smartware), but some do not. If no software came with your HDD, google for Ashampoo HDD Control and install the free version, it will allow you to disable sleep timers on a number of HDDs that don't come with software to help you do it.

Julian017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, I decided its time to dust the Wii off once more. I'm a bit behind though I'm afraid. The last game I played was New Super Mario Bros Wii. I'm currently running on 3.2E, I got the Homebrew channel, and use BootMii to start up the Wii. I saw a few posts that said I would need ModWii to update my system or something. The main thing I would like is that I can play the new Mario Party 9. As far as I can remember I think I have a WiiKey, I think it's the first version. Would anyone be so kind to give me some steps on how to update my Wii so I can play the new MP?

zeud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks xflak after reading your comment i was able to find a great forwarder. turns out alot of people had that same problem but someone figured it out. thanks again z

got another one though. is there a program out there that will allow me to access my usb drive through the wii and rename/move files around on the fat 32 partition?
thanks
z

Wontu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i watched the videos, but i'm sure my harddrive has something to do with it because i know for a fact it sucks. i have another harddrive but when i connect it i get a partition auto not found error or something like that.
it is formatted NTFS, it is a Hitachi Lifestudio Mobile

Wontu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope but I think I will hate myself as soon as I do

Edit: and I do lol. I guess I'll just get another one and see what happens

Edit2: any recommendations for hard drives? 320/500gb will suffice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat