Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i just got a Wii (new black model that doesn't play NGC games) i haven't even hooked it up yet and i would like to hack it and play Super Mario Galaxy. What i do? i have no idea about Wii because i never cared and now i got one. I'll plan on giving it to someone else once i finished SMG.

aliasneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently Im putting in 4.1 ModMii on my SD cars since it was recommended. Is there any downsides to using 4.3? based on my above posts and uses?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Currently Im putting in 4.1 ModMii on my SD cars since it was recommended. Is there any downsides to using 4.3? based on my above posts and uses?
Nope, 4.2 and 4.3 added no functionality, they were only released to block (or at least attempt to block) homebrew and piracy.

aliasneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds a lot like PSP firmware updates
ModMii doesn't have a netflix wad

can netflix be downloaded from the shopping channel? If so, just download the shopping channel and IOS from ModMii's download page 1, then use the shopping channel to install netflix

Im confused at this IOS thing. SHould I be able to run netflix straight out of ModMii or do I have to do this IOS crap. Could someone maybe link me to a guide/tutorial explaining IOS if so?

TaiExaightisix

Trophies
XP
A few days ago I followed a guide to install NeoGamma which required the installation of a cIOS and a cMIOS and now when I insert my copy of skyward sword into my wii it tells me that I need an update.

Skyward Sword previously ran fine and originally required no update. Is using the update that comes on the Skyward Sword going to brick my Wii now? If so, how can I get around it?

I'm so scared right now. :(

(Sorry, I posted this in a new thread earlier before I found this. SORRY!)

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
My Wii is modded using ModMii and now I want to sell it unmodded. Is this possible? And if so, how?
Thank you very much in advance!

tbh people would be prepared to pay more for a modded wii, and it saves risking a brick.
advertise it on social networking sites

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
HMMMM! ok this doesn't really apply to anybody i don't suppose unless you are a WIIFLOW creator.
I have my wii so instead of booting onto my boring system menu with loads of empty channels it boots to wiiflow, it wasn't until tonight when i wanted to play MERCURY MELTDOWN REVOLUTION which i have on original shop bought copy that i ripped to hdd to save damaging or losing disks that wiiflow loads it but the controller wont respond at all with this game.
I have however tried usb loader and this game plays fine with this, so i have set my wii to boot to usb loader gx instead of wiiflow.
my honest opinion here is i like wiiflow better on the whole, the themes are nicer and the game cases look really good, but usb loader gx does save games to my emu nand easier although the layout of usb loader gx is rather bland.

Anyway if anyone has mercury meltdown revolution please contact me so i can find out if it happens to you as well

got fed up of the layout of usb loader so deleted it, installed configurable usb loader don't like it all the options on screen are exactly the same.
any decent usb loaders where you can access games and channels in one like wiiflow (tried joyflow that blackscreen of death everytime)

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok i installed ModMii but the usb loader asks me for a IOS249 or something. any can help me?
wah i am scared did i break anything? :cry:
edit: urgency, please help
edit2: ok i found a wad that is named ios249 something in my folder so i will try to install this with the wad manager so i hope this will work.
edit3: i got the usb loader to run but it won't see the game on my harddrive. It's NTFS. i really have no idea what i did or what i'm doing. Can i remove everything and just start from scratch with modmii?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I have my Wii all set up for USBloaders etc. This was done about a year ago now and I now can't remember what I did to it. I think it was a Trucha Bug on IOS251, a custom IOS 249 and I also got Waninkoko's CMIOS. At least that's what I remember, obviously I could be very wrong. Just want to check that this sounds right, and if not is there any app I can run on my Wii which will give me a look at all the edits done to my system?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OH that sounds a bit old and strange with the IOS251 :P You can check your installed IOS with syscheck, you can find it in the tutorial section. Then post the syscheck here and we'll check it. And from that what you said now, I highly suggest you to re-hack your wii using modmii, because it sounds really strange what you have there. But we'll take a look at the syscheck first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya