Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Lovecraft Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've installed softmod with latest ModMii - is my PAL Wii region-free for GameCube games yet? I don't have a game to test it, and I don't want to invest before I'm sure ) Thx in advance

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lovecraft Lover said:
I've installed softmod with latest ModMii - is my PAL Wii region-free for GameCube games yet? I don't have a game to test it, and I don't want to invest before I'm sure ) Thx in advance
You can use Priiloader to enable a region free hack for GC games. Priiloader should have been part of the ModMii softmod process.

JackKieser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that I'd like answered before I attempt to install a cMIOS. I have BootMii installed as boot2, so I used it to backup my NAND. If for some reason something goes wrong when installing the cMIOS, can I just use BootMii to restore my NAND backup and have the cMIOS problem go away? Or will I need to use another program to install a fresh MIOS to fix it?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
JackKieser said:
I have a question that I'd like answered before I attempt to install a cMIOS. I have BootMii installed as boot2, so I used it to backup my NAND. If for some reason something goes wrong when installing the cMIOS, can I just use BootMii to restore my NAND backup and have the cMIOS problem go away? Or will I need to use another program to install a fresh MIOS to fix it?
You can restore your NAND with bootmii as boot2 (bootmii as IOS is not recommended for NAND restore) and that would fix a problem, but it would be just as easy to reinstall cMIOS if something goes wrong, since it would overwrite a corrupt install. Bootmii is more of a last resort kind of thing, since you will lose everything you did after you made the NAND backup.

foxymona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right- I've been reading forums all morning and I'm still a bit lost and would apreciate help as I haven't a bloody clue what I'm doing.

Firstly- which mod is easier and more successful? The Modmii through windows or going through one of the Lego games? Are both still working?

Secondly (and I will get laughs asking this I know but I CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER) if I use Modmii and follow the tutorial- once i have everything on my sd card and plug it into the Wii... What next? How does it apply and work? What do I have to do?

Thanks in advance guys- much appreciated

Kisses

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya, I've just used Modmii (great program thanks XFlak) to start again with my Wii as I used the Twilight Hack ages ago.

My question is, if I want to check everything is up to date now and then, can I just re-run Modmii again and check to see if the files are the same as what I have on my sd card now?

If any are different, can I just copy the new files in place of the old files?

I have the usb loader and am using a hard drive.

Sorry if that's a really stupid question but just wanted to check!

Thanks!

PainMedicine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello i would like to virginize my nand as i would like to downgrade from 4.3 to 3.2 (I have my reasons)
Someone told me this is possible using nusad. Im no beginner with wii hacking and bootmi
Still i was wondering if anyone could give me a quick run through?
Thanks in advance~

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
do you want to virginize or do u want to downgrade? Those are 2 entirely different things.

And FYI, newer wii's will brick if downgraded to 3.2 (unless you install IOS60 to slot 30, a part of ModMii's extra brick protection)

Also, NUS Auto Downloader (NUSAD) has a new name, it's now called ModMii. You can find a link to it in my signature.

Anyways, I recommend you use ModMii, launch the ModMii Wizard, tell it it's a virgin even though it's not, then answer the rest of the questions, let it download and follow the guide. It will not let you downgrade below 4.1 cuz doing so is pointless (I'm curious what your reasons are, lol). But after following this process, all your current hacks will be overwritten, it will be as if you removed all your hacks then rehacked it using ModMii, except this way u don't need to go through the trouble and take the risk of virginizing.

PainMedicine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
do you want to virginize or do u want to downgrade? Those are 2 entirely different things.

And FYI, newer wii's will brick if downgraded to 3.2 (unless you install IOS60 to slot 30, a part of ModMii's extra brick protection)

Also, NUS Auto Downloader (NUSAD) has a new name, it's now called ModMii. You can find a link to it in my signature.

Anyways, I recommend you use ModMii, launch the ModMii Wizard, tell it it's a virgin even though it's not, then answer the rest of the questions, let it download and follow the guide. It will not let you downgrade below 4.1 cuz doing so is pointless (I'm curious what your reasons are, lol). But after following this process, all your current hacks will be overwritten, it will be as if you removed all your hacks then rehacked it using ModMii, except this way u don't need to go through the trouble and take the risk of virginizing.

Well my wii is old like really old it came with 3.2
My retarded nephew updated it to 4.3 ( i made him buy me indiana jones)
i want to downgrade to 3.2 then virginize.

foxymona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the meantime I'm still lost
frown.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
Right- I've been reading forums all morning and I'm still a bit lost and would apreciate help as I haven't a bloody clue what I'm doing.

Firstly- which mod is easier and more successful? The Modmii through windows or going through one of the Lego games? Are both still working?

Secondly (and I will get laughs asking this I know but I CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER) if I use Modmii and follow the tutorial- once i have everything on my sd card and plug it into the Wii... What next? How does it apply and work? What do I have to do?

Kisses
ModMii is an interactive Wii Hacking Guide
The Lego Games are games with exploits, which are used by wii hacking guides (including ModMii) to softmod 4.3 Wii's. Non-4.3-Wii's do not require a game to hack them, just an sd card.

Download ModMii, run the ModMii Wizard, answer the questions it asks truthfully. When you're finished it will download a bunch of files for you to copy to you SD card and\or USB Hard Drive. Additionally, it will generate a guide for you based on your answers to the questions, all u need to do is follow your custom guide.

foxymona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
QUOTE said:

Kisses
ModMii is an interactive Wii Hacking Guide
The Lego Games are games with exploits, which are used by wii hacking guides (including ModMii) to softmod 4.3 Wii's. Non-4.3-Wii's do not require a game to hack them, just an sd card.

Download ModMii, run the ModMii Wizard, answer the questions it asks truthfully. When you're finished it will download a bunch of files for you to copy to you SD card and\or USB Hard Drive. Additionally, it will generate a guide for you based on your answers to the questions, all u need to do is follow your custom guide.

Thank you- so if I have 4.3E- do I need the game or not as from the things I've read I understand that you can use ModMii without the game???

Also once I transfer everything to the SD card and put it in the Wii- what do I do? Do I have to install it or run it or go through the homebrew channel etc?

Thanks again- I promise I have been haunting forums and youtube and am BEGINNING to think I am falling into dumb blond catagory...

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Download ModMii, run the Wizard, answer the questions, as it's downloading the files you need u can read the guide that would will have opened up automatically. If you need a game (which in your case, you do) ModMii will tell you what games you have to choose from (I think there are 6 now).

Please do not ask any more questions until u at least do what I've said above. Note that u can do what I've suggested without a Wii or an SD card, but obviously u'll need those when you feel ready to begin the softmod process.

PS. I'm assuming this wii has never been modded before and does not have the HBC, a forwarder channel or bootmii@boot2 installed. If you have any of these currently installed, read the fine print of your ModMii guide in order to install\update the HBC\bootmii without requiring a game.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

How do I get back the Homebrew Browser after using Modmii? I have the homebrew channel but no browser and can't see how to get it back?

Thanks

foxymona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
Download ModMii, run the Wizard, answer the questions, as it's downloading the files you need u can read the guide that would will have opened up automatically. If you need a game (which in your case, you do) ModMii will tell you what games you have to choose from (I think there are 6 now).

Please do not ask any more questions until u at least do what I've said above. Note that u can do what I've suggested without a Wii or an SD card, but obviously u'll need those when you feel ready to begin the softmod process.

PS. I'm assuming this wii has never been modded before and does not have the HBC, a forwarder channel or bootmii@boot2 installed. If you have any of these currently installed, read the fine print of your ModMii guide in order to install\update the HBC\bootmii without requiring a game.

Sorry XFlak that my questions are annoying you- if I don't understand I ask- and with the forum title I presumed this was the place to do so and was encouraged.

I would have run the Wizard IF I had a PC- I only have Macs in my house. Therefore I try and get as much info as possible before I go get someone to let me take over their pc, BUY an actual game I don't have a copy of, and sort out SD's and hard drives. Or I could pay the guy down the street 50 quid to do it for me... but I'd rather learn myself.

Good job on the whole hack btw. Wish I had your knowledge. I'll be a good girl now and let you be...

JordanB500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey um im kind of a noob(nub,Newb, n00b etc) at wii and my wii is 4.2U i havent played my wii for quite a while since my wii wont play discs i had to use bannerbomb i think it was called idk cuz a friend installed it for me and i have a bunch of apps idk anything about but for most of the things i use i just use whatever ios or cios(idk which it is) is available for instance when using startpatch(which i used to get rid of the health warning and the annoying wii music/ambience or whatever it is) it automatically selects 249.

i have bootmii and a lot of apps and a few channels one i use a lot is usb loader gx to play my wii games is there no way to play gamecube games via a loader or anything like that that doesnt require a disc? also can u use ocarina for vc games and last question is it possible to get the middle finger thingy again? i used to have it but idk what happened to it is there a way to get it back with an app?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Natazza said:
Hey guys,

How do I get back the Homebrew Browser after using Modmii? I have the homebrew channel but no browser and can't see how to get it back?

Thanksu just need to save it back under the apps folder on your sd card or fat32 hard drive. Or just have ModMii download it for u from download page 2. QUOTE(foxymona @ Jun 1 2011, 05:10 PM) Sorry XFlak that my questions are annoying you- if I don't understand I ask- and with the forum title I presumed this was the place to do so and was encouraged.

I would have run the Wizard IF I had a PC- I only have Macs in my house. Therefore I try and get as much info as possible before I go get someone to let me take over their pc, BUY an actual game I don't have a copy of, and sort out SD's and hard drives. Or I could pay the guy down the street 50 quid to do it for me... but I'd rather learn myself.

Good job on the whole hack btw. Wish I had your knowledge. I'll be a good girl now and let you be...
Sorry, I don't mean to discourage u from asking questions in the noob section, that was wrong of me. And the fact that u don't have windows is a good excuse for not running ModMii yet.

Here's a list of the games that can be used to Mod 4.3 Wii's:
-Super Smash Bros Brawl
-Tales of Symphonia
-Lego Indiana Jones
-Lego Star Wars
-Lego Batman
-Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

Note that there is another stickied guide that can help u mod your Wii without requiring a Windows PC. ModMii has some extra bells and whistles but both methods work. I thought u should know in case u don't want to wait until you have access to a windows machine. Good luck!

PS. I prefer my girls naughty
wink.gif
lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo