Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wannawanna said:
Hi everyone- big thank you to everyone who's already done so much with the guides and resources available here. I'm new to wii hacking and just had a couple questions regarding the process. I just softmodded my 4.3u virgin that I got for Xmas following the Modmii guide. I also read the complete softmod guide and the any version guide stickied here but some things are still unclear on a few things. For reference I have priiloader .4 and hbc 1.0.8.

1)In priiloader I cannot boot to hbc. It says maybe file missing. Is this normal?

2) I have original discs I would like to back up. I know I have to use a USB loader because my wii is new. However, what is the fastest/best way to copy/rip/backup(I'm not sure of the term) those original discs so I can play them off the harddrive later? I don't have a Lg drive so I'm guessing it has to be done on the wii. I read some old info saying superdump was the best way, is this correct or will the USB loader from modmii do this? Also, will the correct cIOS be installed from the modmii installer? Thanks again guys- any help would be appreciated.

For the priiloader problem, I recommend uninstalling it, then installing priiloader v0.6, hopefully that should fix the problem!

http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/downloads/list

Alright, for the original discs, the easiest way is to use a USB loader app. Which one did you download from mod mii?

As of now, the best (most compatible) cIOSX r20 with a base IOS38.

deelonger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just modded my Wii with Modwii and all works well. I installed Neogamma R9 beta 47 and all my backup worked so far except Call of Duty Black Opps. What do I need to make it work with Neogamma?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deelonger said:
Just modded my Wii with Modwii and all works well. I installed Neogamma R9 beta 47 and all my backup worked so far except Call of Duty Black Opps. What do I need to make it work with Neogamma?

Neogamma is shizz

Use Neogamma to boot the disc with IOS249 Rev19 or Rev 20 [57 Base]

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
wannawanna said:
Hi everyone- big thank you to everyone who's already done so much with the guides and resources available here.

Agreed and well put.

Sorry for bombarding everyone with questions, but there a few things I'm still unclear about and that are bothering me. Any help would be much appreciated. Provided the time can be found during the busy holiday season!

1) When I try to install cIOSX_rev20b with waninkoko's installer via network installation, I get "error: ret-1". Do I need to install a specific IOS to get it to work?
I'm running 4.1E.

2) Does anyone know which version of USB Loader GX works with the later cIOS? I've tried the latest version but it still won't load my Disk Art and takes a while to load the covers.

3) I updated some IOSs using the NUS Downloader, but I was wondering: can I use it to update the Shop Channel? When I download recent version-wads of the Shop Channel using the NUS downloader, I can't install them. Is that because I'm still running firmware 4.1? Can I technically install any wads that I've downloaded using NUS loader?

4) The most n00b question of the day: can anyone tell me how to update my BootMii boot2 to v4? I can't do it via the hackmii installer.

Thanks for any help and happy holidays!
moogle.gif

deelonger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
deelonger said:

Neogamma is shizz

How do you boot from Neogamma with IOS249 Rev or Rev 20? I did not see that in options. What other loader would be a better choice to load from Disc?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vic_rattlehead said:
wannawanna said:
Hi everyone- big thank you to everyone who's already done so much with the guides and resources available here.

Agreed and well put.

Sorry for bombarding everyone with questions, but there a few things I'm still unclear about and that are bothering me. Any help would be much appreciated. Provided the time can be found during the busy holiday season!

1) When I try to install cIOSX_rev20b with waninkoko's installer via network installation, I get "error: ret-1". Do I need to install a specific IOS to get it to work?
I'm running 4.1E.

2) Does anyone know which version of USB Loader GX works with the later cIOS? I've tried the latest version but it still won't load my Disk Art and takes a while to load the covers.

3) I updated some IOSs using the NUS Downloader, but I was wondering: can I use it to update the Shop Channel? When I download recent version-wads of the Shop Channel using the NUS downloader, I can't install them. Is that because I'm still running firmware 4.1? Can I technically install any wads that I've downloaded using NUS loader?

4) The most n00b question of the day: can anyone tell me how to update my BootMii boot2 to v4? I can't do it via the hackmii installer.

moogle.gif

1) You need to use a patched IOS to install other IOSes, what guide did you use to softmod your wii? if you installed cIOS236, use that.
2) Use this one, http://www.mediafire.com/?q58lv183cjlub57 Make sure to delete all current settings and such before using it, you'll have to re select your settings and such again
3) Dop-mii works great for updating channels and IOSes http://dop-mii.googlecode.com/files/DOP-Mii%20v14.2.zip
4) not necessary don't worry about updating boot2

deelonger said:
Shano56 said:
QUOTE(deelonger @ Dec 27 2010, 02:25 PM)

Neogamma is shizz

How do you boot from Neogamma with IOS249 Rev or Rev 20? I did not see that in options. What other loader would be a better choice to load from Disc?

http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/71871-ca...-ops-guide.html

deelonger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed cIOS249[57] Rev20 with the game loaded and received " Disc reading error, refer to owner's manual". Then installed Rev19 and got the same message. Any ideas?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deelonger said:
Installed cIOS249[57] Rev20 with the game loaded and received " Disc reading error, refer to owner's manual". Then installed Rev19 and got the same message. Any ideas?

I'm not sure not familiar with neogamma, my disc drive is shot so I prefer USB backups

szh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hello, i asked this question before (in a separate thread) but I don't think it got answered, so I'll try asking here again...

I've just softmodded my wii (which already contains a modchip, if it's important) using modmii. I am able to use my external HDD to store my backup isos and I am able to load and play games from the HDD by launching cfg usb loader from the homebrew channel.

however, I want to ask about some things:

1. the usb forwarder channel on the homescreen doesn't work. I've made sure the path to the usb loader is correct (usb://apps/usbloader_cfg) but upon launching the channel, it just displays an image, then goes back to the Wii Menu. what should i do?

2. if I have an SD card inserted, the homebrew channel doesn't seem to detect my HDD anymore. in other words, with an SD card inserted, the homebrew channel displays nothing (since i have no apps in my sd card). is this normal? it's particularly irritating since I want to backup my saved games on the SD card and whenever the SD card is inserted I cannot play my backups from the usb drive anymore.

thanks so much for any help!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
szh said:
hello, i asked this question before (in a separate thread) but I don't think it got answered, so I'll try asking here again...

I've just softmodded my wii (which already contains a modchip, if it's important) using modmii. I am able to use my external HDD to store my backup isos and I am able to load and play games from the HDD by launching cfg usb loader from the homebrew channel.

1. the usb forwarder channel on the homescreen doesn't work. I've made sure the path to the usb loader is correct (usb://apps/usbloader_cfg) but upon launching the channel, it just displays an image, then goes back to the Wii Menu. what should i do?

2. if I have an SD card inserted, the homebrew channel doesn't seem to detect my HDD anymore. in other words, with an SD card inserted, the homebrew channel displays nothing (since i have no apps in my sd card). is this normal? it's particularly irritating since I want to backup my saved games on the SD card and whenever the SD card is inserted I cannot play my backups from the usb drive anymore.

not sure about #1, it should be working, does it load from the HBC? try using a different USB port? Try uninstalling the forwarder WAD and finding a different one?

#2) try pressing 1 on the wiimote in the HBC, and selecting USB device

Most homebrew aplications don't like loading settings off the top USB port, so if you want to load stuff off a USB device, you'll have to make a FAT32 partition on your external hard drive and place your stuff there and use the bottom port on your wii

Phreshmilk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question.Quick and simple.I just recently got the mario 25th anniversary red wii and i wanted to know.What are the chances of me bricking my wii.Can i get some numbers.Some percents.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fattest said:
which files/folders do i need to rename so that bannerbomb doesn't try to load when i open the sd card menu on 4.2U?
In private\wii\title\aktn rename the content.bin to something else.

horizon42

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've got a problem with donkey kong country returns (pal).
I can play the first level, but than instead of getting to the next level, there is just the load screen for several minutes (donkey kong and diddy kong running through the jungle). Also if i load that save game again, there is just the load screen (clouds). What could the problem be and how can i get DKCR work?

PAL Wii 4.2e (3 Years old)
Homebrew Channel
Usb Loader gx

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Shano56 said:
vic_rattlehead said:
wannawanna said:

Agreed and well put.

I'm running 4.1E.

4) Could anyone tell me how to update my BootMii boot2 to v4? I can't do it via the hackmii installer.

moogle.gif

1) You need to use a patched IOS to install other IOSes, what guide did you use to softmod your wii? if you installed cIOS236, use that.
2) Use this one, http://www.mediafire.com/?q58lv183cjlub57 Make sure to delete all current settings and such before using it, you'll have to re select your settings and such again
3) Dop-mii works great for updating channels and IOSes http://dop-mii.googlecode.com/files/DOP-Mii%20v14.2.zip
4) not necessary don't worry about updating boot2

Thanks for the quick reply!

1) I used the Twilight Hack back in the day (about two years ago), and I'm not quite sure what patched IOS that is. I keep trying and it doesn't work...
frown.gif

2) Many thanks for the link!
biggrin.gif
Now the Disc Art for all of the games loads perfectly, but I can't get my old 3D game covers. I only get "?" and when I try to download the covers, I get "files not found on server".

3) Thanks for suggesting Dop-mii. I've had it since a while, but again, I get an error when trying to update certian IOSs. I'm just going to keep trying.

4) Ok, great. As long as I'm brick-protected. I've made an NAND backup anyway.

Thanks again!

szh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Shano56 said:
szh said:

not sure about #1, it should be working, does it load from the HBC? try using a different USB port? Try uninstalling the forwarder WAD and finding a different one?

#2) try pressing 1 on the wiimote in the HBC, and selecting USB device

Most homebrew aplications don't like loading settings off the top USB port, so if you want to load stuff off a USB device, you'll have to make a FAT32 partition on your external hard drive and place your stuff there and use the bottom port on your wii

thanks for the quick reply!
yeah, cfg usb loader works perfectly from the HBC. I haven't found another forwarder WAD yet (i'm a bit scared of bricking haha) but I'll find one soon and try it.

as for 2, yep it worked, i didn't know HBC had a settings menu :X thanks a lot!

the hdd is plugged into the USB port nearest to the side of the wii, since i've seen many people saying that's very important, so yeah. it's also formatted as fat32.

shinobivsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
shinobivsme said:
got my wii on the year of release!!
smile.gif
OK, then you should be able to play from DVD's. At first you need the latest homebrew channel, press the home button in the homebrew channel and make sure you have v1.0.7 or v1.0.8. Then install IOS236, guide is here:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236
Make sure you don't want to play pirated games
wink2.gif

Then you need IOS249, get the latest installer here:
http://filetrip.net/f23351-cIOS-Installer-Xr21.html
Run the installer from the homebrew channel, select IOS236 for use to install, select slot IOS249 and use base IOS56.
Then you need a backup launcher, use neogamma:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

yo, tanks for getting back to me
smile.gif

have updated homebrew and installed IOS236
just having trouble with the IOS249 installer
dloaded latest from link you sent, there isnt a IOS236 option in my list??????????

I deleted the IOS236 folder from my SD card after install maybe thats it?

so close but no cigar :|

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shinobivsme said:
smile.gif

dloaded latest from link you sent, there isnt a IOS236 option in my list??????????

Really? That's strange... To be sure, in the IOS236 installer, you must select option 2, maybe you have selected option 1
unsure.gif

Then you should be able to use IOS236 to install cIOS249.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can someone tell me what does
Rolf,lmau,and some other short form like Cfw and btw means.
And can someone tell me how do i make spoiler tags with a description. Like- (/spoiler this is XXX /spoiler) show
instead of (/spoiler /spoiler) show
thx in advance.

shinobivsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
shinobivsme said:
smile.gif

Really? That's strange... To be sure, in the IOS236 installer, you must select option 2, maybe you have selected option 1
unsure.gif

Then you should be able to use IOS236 to install cIOS249.

Right goen through it allllll again finally got everything working but when i try and load a backup from dvd i get :

neogamma disc error 1208

sorry to be a pest but any ideas???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch