Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
I am r4ymond said:
In order to play Wii backups, I have to hack my Wii correct? So is the Modifying Wii stickied thread also a hacking your Wii method? I guess I'm going to be using the Smash Stack method in there.

After I finish modifying my Wii with everything installed, is there anything that I need to do in order to play Wii backups or is that just it?

I know absolutely nothing about hacking a Wii.
If you follow the guide 100% you shouldnt need to do anything else except enjoy.

yaywii.gif

Thanks for the reply
smile.gif
Was just the answer that I was looking for.

brausm08 said:
gloweyjoey said:
QUOTE(I am r4ymond @ Dec 20 2010, 05:56 PM)
In order to play Wii backups, I have to hack my Wii correct? So is the Modifying Wii stickied thread also a hacking your Wii method? I guess I'm going to be using the Smash Stack method in there.

After I finish modifying my Wii with everything installed, is there anything that I need to do in order to play Wii backups or is that just it?

I know absolutely nothing about hacking a Wii.
If you follow the guide 100% you shouldnt need to do anything else except enjoy.

yaywii.gif
you will only Smash Stack if you are on 4.3....otherwise use the appropriate BannerBomb....

if you're looking to play backups from DVD-r's, you will need to know if your wii has a non-D3-2 drive....D3-2 drives cannot read DVD's....period. in this case, you will need to load from HDD....

Is there any other way to play backups without the use of Discs? Perhaps using a Micro SD card?

Also, is it possible to somehow play backups on a flash drive...because the Wii that I'm trying to hack isn't mine, it's my cousins'. The highest GB for the Micro SD that I have is 2GB...which probably isn't enough to store even one backup, right?

jtime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jtime said:
i have 4.3e, i installed HBC with indiana exploit but not bootmii
can i now install bootmii through HBC
also i want to use modmii - i went thru the wizard and said no my wii is not a virgin
is modmii going to reinstall the HBC?
is modmii going to reinstall the System menu?
am i gonig to lose any saved data eg. mii characters
also is any external hard drive better than others for using to play backed up games?

i installed bootmii and did a nand backup, yay me!!!
i now trying to install priiloader and MMM but apparently i dont have the right cIOS installed? it wants 236

hireplas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im using wiiscrubber and whenever i try to load an iso, i just get this

"IO_read" message then the program just shuts down, why?

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Is there any other way to play backups without the use of Discs? Perhaps using a Micro SD card?

Also, is it possible to somehow play backups on a flash drive...because the Wii that I'm trying to hack isn't mine, it's my cousins'. The highest GB for the Micro SD that I have is 2GB...which probably isn't enough to store even one backup, right?
Yes, you can load via USB either your USB card reader or your USB flashdrive would work. You will need a USB loader which im sure the guide explains. I use usbloader gx.

2gb is enough for some games, but not all. most of the new games are all over 3gigs. But New Super Mario Brothers Wii is only 350mb in size as a WBFS. Twilight princess is around 1.3gigs and lets not forget about Suoper Mario Allstars is around 18mb, so with 2GB you can get a few games on there. Just look for WBFS files that are under 2GB...unless your flashdrive is bigger just use that.

sectionboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded wii with 3.3u system menu, what's the best/easiest way to update to 4.x? Thanks.

Edit: The reason I want to upgrade is the 3.3u wii have issues when I want to store DLC on SD card. Is it safe to use Waninkoko's upgrader instead of following the complete softmod tutorial?

The Dark Adonis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, guys. I just used the complete softmodguide - great tutorial, btw - and i suppose it's working, since i've been playing VC and WiiWare games. But when i try to load from the pendrive - and i used the Wii Backup Manager to put the game there - the loaders - and i tested with several of them - doesn't accuse any game, as if there's nothing. The pendrive is in NTFS. Someone has an idea of what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

PorkLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble getting WiiFlow to recognise my hard drive.

HBC and emulators can read off my 20GB FAT32 partition fine, but when I boot WiiFlow 2.2 it goes through the loading screen straight to an image of an unplugged drive.

Anyone had this error / know what causes it?

I've actually gotten WiiFlow to boot straight off the HDD itself but still no go after loading :S

dnstilke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way now a days to back up the games.....I used to dump thought my WIFI connection, but I am having a hard time finding where to do that on these forums...(different wii now) Thanks in advance
Merry Christmas!!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, 'm a complete n00b to this. I have a version 4.3E wii and it's not LEH250+ if that makes any difference. I have started reading the 'CompleteSoftmod' Guide and am getting quite confused. I sorta get that there's a lot of different programs for lots of different things and i think i can manage through all that...

What id don't get is what i personally need to do seeing as i have a 4.3E wii which has never been modded before.
Also don't have a GC controller, i have LEGO Indiana Jones (PAL), a wifi connection and my wii was bought december sometime in 2008 if these things make any difference.

Any simple explanation would be greatly appreciated thanks.

EDIT: 100 posts. Now a GBAtemp Regular

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
What id don't get is what i personally need to do seeing as i have a 4.3E wii which has never been modded before.
Also don't have a GC controller, i have LEGO Indiana Jones (PAL), a wifi connection and my wii was bought december sometime in 2008 if these things make any difference.

you will need the game and ModMii (requires a PC and an internet connection)...nothing more...
ModMii is an interactive guide. you just plugin what you have (a virgin wii 4.3E); tell it where you want to be in the end...and let it download the necessary files and build the custom guide (a step-by-step, idiot proof, everything you needed to know, guide)...easy....the wii mod is actually done completely offline....

Modmii's link is in my sig....
QUOTE(dnstilke @ Dec 22 2010, 06:29 PM) What is the best way now a days to back up the games.....I used to dump thought my WIFI connection, but I am having a hard time finding where to do that on these forums...(different wii now) Thanks in advance
Merry Christmas!!
if you use a HDD (or a large enough thumbdrive), you can dump games right to it using most modern USB loaders....

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My wii has been broken since about 2 months after brawl's english release, and I just got it fixed.
What have I missed?
I still have homebrew channel and ye olden firmware (1.5?) and an original wiikey installed, but I need to get up to speed on what new stuff has come out.
Did the wiikey team ever release a new firmware or just disappear?
And is there any new piracy protection? I know firmware 4.3 is bad news, any way for me to just get the firmware right before that installed?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope someone could help me over here, please:
I updated cIOS 249 to play Black Ops (from rev17 to rev20) but I forgot to disconnect my HDD from the Wii when updating, and after a few times that I played, it suddenly got hard (I have to connect and disconnect lost of times) to get recognized by the Wii.
So, I was wondering, if I transfer my games from my WBFS HDD to my PC and I format the drive, will it solve the problem? (I ask this because they're a lot of games... it would take me a lot of time)
Or is there anything more quick and practical that you can suggest me to do?

Also, after the whole HDD thing showed up, I installed again the cIOS hoping it would solve it, and now I can't play Black Ops; what can I do with this?

Thanks in advance.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install waninkoko's cIOS on my friend's wii. I'm following the CompleteSoftmodGuide. I have a question about this step:
QUOTE said:
If this is your first cIOS, choose 236 (or 36 if you don't have 236). Else, choose 249.

I don't know if there's been a cIOS installed on this wii before. It's been modded, but I dont know how far. Would it matter if i install first as 236 and then again as 249 just to make sure?

edit: lol 100th post

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pakistexican88x said:
I want to install waninkoko's cIOS on my friend's wii. I'm following the CompleteSoftmodGuide. I have a question about this step:
QUOTE said:
If this is your first cIOS, choose 236 (or 36 if you don't have 236). Else, choose 249.

I don't know if there's been a cIOS installed on this wii before. It's been modded, but I dont know how far. Would it matter if i install first as 236 and then again as 249 just to make sure?

edit: lol 100th post
no need to reinstall, just use 236, you can reinstall if you want, but I don't see the point.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
hi, 'm a complete n00b to this. I have a version 4.3E wii and it's not LEH250+ if that makes any difference. I have started reading the 'CompleteSoftmod' Guide and am getting quite confused. I sorta get that there's a lot of different programs for lots of different things and i think i can manage through all that...

EDIT: 100 posts. Now a GBAtemp Regular

any help please?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Wizzerzak I would recommend ModMii, it will walk you through the process and download all the files. If you want to use the complete softmod guide though, it isn't very hard, just start on the "? ? Hacking Guide ? ?" page and then follow it to the end

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: