XP
Country

jpo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toymin80r said:
Does anyone know how i can remove the BootMii at startup? I always have to press 'reset' in order to go to the wii menu when i turn on the wii...

edit: nevermind... guess i gotta live with it.

Go to Homebrew Channel and download the Boot Mii Configuration Editor. Launch that and set the autoboot to system menu. Pick a delay of 3 seconds...that works for me.

Zombi3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zombi3 said:
Hey everyone, long time homebrew user, first time backup loader user.

I've been relatively behind on the times with my Wii upgrading, both in the firmware number itself and any homebrew updates. I just recently updated to the newest homebrew channel, and have begun to learn the world of cIOS and disc/USB loaders. So far i've installed programs without issue, but today I hit my first big snag. Here's the situation:

I am trying to boot a game using Neogamma r7 (and now the latest R8 beta as well) but every time I run the backup from the disc, it gives me a 001 error. A quick google search turned up that this is because I am using an old cIOS (rev 9) and I should upgrade it to rev 14. I downloaded the cIOS rev 14 installer, however as soon as I run the program it will either crash and give me a screen of nonsense hex or will desych my wiimote from my system as soon as the screen pops up asking which IOS I would like to install to. I did some searches on this and I cannot find anything to help me fix this problem. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT:

I should have mentioned that I have not upgraded my Wii's firmware at all. It is still using 3.2u.

I hate to quote myself but can someone help me out here?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
and that guide is here
smile.gif
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

-edit. damn longtom1, you up late/early as well!?

Ubigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so now when I play the game I can play for 1-20 minutes and it will give me the error "Disc cannot be read please read Wii Manual". It was random when it happens but now its right before the games menu still showing the title. So it goes into the game but then stops reading it? Do I have a bad iso or what.

Zombi3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks longtom1 and joshuatm, one last question. There are two v14 wad files, one for cIOS249 and cIOS250. Should I only install cIOS250?

kampang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions about soft-modding.

At this moment, My wii (PAL) is using hard-mod Wasabi Zero, and I activated its UPDATE BLOCKER and REGION FREE hacks (so I can play NTSC game).

After I read the soft-modding guide, there is also update blocker mechanism there.

Should I do something with this? I meant, do I need to take OFF my mod-chip?

Or both hacks (hard & soft) will work together seamlessly (they both dont "know" each other)?

Thanks.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I guess a minorly nooby question here. My Wii is not letting me install the HBC .6 for some reason... Says no known vulnerable IOS. Hmmm... Well, I have it on my Wii already, but I'm worried about if something messes up and I need a newer version. Check the sig for stats. Used the "simple" tutorial stickied here in the Wii hacking place.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kampang said:
I have some questions about soft-modding.

At this moment, My wii (PAL) is using hard-mod Wasabi Zero, and I activated its UPDATE BLOCKER and REGION FREE hacks (so I can play NTSC game).

After I read the soft-modding guide, there is also update blocker mechanism there.

Should I do something with this? I meant, do I need to take OFF my mod-chip?

Or both hacks (hard & soft) will work together seamlessly (they both dont "know" each other)?

Thanks.
you could always disable priiloader/startpatch system menu hacks if it conflicts with your modchip. i have a different modchip. in my case, system menu softmod hacks doesn't conflict with my modchip. like i said you could always disable priiloader/startpatch hacks if problem will occur.

@bnwchbammer: it is because you have cioscorp.

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
xraven13 said:
1)Can all Wii console versions be soft modded?? I am planning to buy new one soon so i want to be sure it will be possible to soft mod it and everything will work..
2) Can WASP mod chip run all backup games ?? Do they all work perfectly? And can u also run NTSC games on PAL console with WASP ...
Thx in advance

Please anyone..??

FoolishDreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HELP ME BEFORE I THROW MY WII THROUGH THE WINDOW
Everytime i try to install any wad (NTSC and PAL) my wii freeze and I have to take out the alimentation to restart. So before I throw my wiimote to the screen I thought to ask to you.
I really, really dunno what to do.
I installed my HBC back in the days with the twilight fix, I'm using bootmii, my HBC ver. is 1.0.6 IOS35, trucha bug installed, IOS249 installed through cIOS_INSTALLER, I'm using wad manager V1.3.
Also from system information of my wii it says I'm on ver 3.2E

Btw I can play every disc game of any region just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?