Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
im dont know much about downgrading etc etc.
ive noticed that 3.2 is able to do backuploading from the disc channel via startpatch. (is this even true?) if it is, i would like to downgrade back to 3.2.

My wii used to be on 3.4, and then updated to 4.1 via wad installation. the only IOS' ive installed via wad is 60,53,55,56 (in case this info is needed). it also has a vulnerable boot1, which has allowed me to install bootmii as boot2 and ios. boot2 version is either 2 or 3, but definitely not 4.

Would it be safe to downgrade from 4.1 to 3.2? im not too keen on using cioscorp for various reasons, and this seems like a much easier task to do.

Ninjadude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
¡¿SSBB won't work on my wiikey 2 v 1.2?!

I have a Wii modded with wiikey 2 v 1.2 Asgard Code on latest firmware 4.3u I believe, and I can't get SSBB to work. Ever since I got my Wii modded (on 3.3U) SSBB had never worked for me. I have burnt 2 DL copies and countless DVD5 copies, and I can never even get it to start up! I thought Wiikey 2 was supposed to be 100% compatible with SSBB?
Please can anybody help me?
I can run Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, and any other game I've tried flawlessly.
I REALLY cannot stress how bad this sucks, and how badly I want to fix this.
I've been trying for over 8 months to fix it, but I am clueless.

ANY help is appreciated, thanks [=

vsevolod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
vsevolod said:
hi!

i have a new 4.2 wii, bootmi as IOS, using USB loader/HDD. I don't plan on running much apps/homebrew apart from games.

From what i understand i should get pre/priiloader for brick protection. BUT i have also heard that priiloader installation is only 90% safe. On other forums people advise to just use StarPatch in order to get the system hack, explaining that if i only use the wii to actually play games from a HDD there was a higher risk of me bricking my wii by installing pre/priiloader than by running games.

So basically the question is: priiloader or not? also, if yes, which is the safest version so far ? (remember: i only have bootmii as IOS and my wii is not brick-proof so far)

thanks!

anyone?

Kenjii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenjii said:
Still seeking information on SSBB. Can't get it to work. cIOS249 Rev14 and 15 using NeoGamma R8 fail to play the game, I get disc read error 1048.

I got Wii Sports Resort working at least =)

Bump

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there an Backup loader that support all DVD-R sorts
because mine phillips DVD-R are giving an error "Can't read the game disc"
except NSMB Wii (Because it's patched to let it work)
than they said that Maxwell DVD's are better but I have 20 phillips dvd's now
so is there an loader that work on all kind of dvd-r's

(I borrowed an game of a friend and those are just working (he doesn't burn them self))

lereb89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
how can i know if the bootmii can be installed in boot2 before i buy the wii?i must be a kind of lucky or i should check something like serial number of the product?please help me because before i buy the wii i am being wii-maniac,this is serious!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lereb89 said:
how can i know if the bootmii can be installed in boot2 before i buy the wii?i must be a kind of lucky or i should check something like serial number of the product?please help me because before i buy the wii i am being wii-maniac,this is serious!

there is no way of telling really it's just pot luck if you can find a store with an old batch of wii's then you've got a good chance

QUOTE(xraven13 @ Dec 13 2009, 04:29 PM) What is better - mode chip modification with WASP or software modification..
What are main differences

one costs you and you have to open your console and the other is free and just takes a little research

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SOS-Rens said:
Is there an Backup loader that support all DVD-R sorts
because mine phillips DVD-R are giving an error "Can't read the game disc"
except NSMB Wii (Because it's patched to let it work)
than they said that Maxwell DVD's are better but I have 20 phillips dvd's now
so is there an loader that work on all kind of dvd-r's

(I borrowed an game of a friend and those are just working (he doesn't burn them self))
It's a matter of the Wii's DRIVE not reading the disc, no backup loader will change that.

Anwonu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question about changing regions.. my Wii is Japanese, and I'd like to change the region.. but by doing that, will J games stop working after the change?

itsmeoreo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can i find a guide to update the shop channel (with the "refund" update)?

i did update using the 4.2 installer, but it still asks for an update.

thanks for any help

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
itsmeoreo said:
where can i find a guide to update the shop channel (with the "refund" update)?

i did update using the 4.2 installer, but it still asks for an update.

thanks for any help
get wiiSCU from wiibrew or use dop-ios to install the updated IOS61(if needed) and the shop channel

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, some you may have seen my frastration over the last two days in other topics...

here it the cituation/problem
i can backup originals via usb loader and play them right there and then, everything works fine.
as soon as save them on pc and go back to retreave them back on the HD they don't play

the only conclusion i can come to is that PC or USB is causing this problem.

can i be right? i've tried changing everythig else, i changed the HDs, went through 5 or so, ugpraded, downgraded did everything i could to Wii, and still having the same problem...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig