Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

hyperlite1604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob Question: I recently installed the Gamecube backup launcher from Wiigator. It installed fine and I am able to play backups just fine. I can even play it through the wii backup channel. The problem I am having is that the disc channel now no longer can recognize original gamecube games. I can launch the original games through the backup launcher but not the original disc channel. Any ideas about what could be going on? Thanks for the help.

curdstar

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
curdstar said:
Just a couple of questions:

I have managed to install Bootmiii via Boot2 install, and will be doing a NAND backup before any other tinkering. Is it vital to also install pre-loader in order to ensure 100% brick protection or will the NAND backup do the job?

I had Starfall in my system before, and as a result was able to play NTSC games and skip updates etc. Now however with Starfall being killed by my update to 4.1(everything else works fine) is pre-loader the answer?

Having updated to 4.1 and installing neogamma6 with IOS60patched wad, I am seeing my backups appear in the disc channel. Is it okay to boot from the disc channel now? All my backups are Wiiscrubbed and BrickBlocker patched. Even Wii Sports Resort appears in the disc channel as well as an NTSC converted to PAL version of No More Heroes(the version with blood).

Do I need to downgrade from 4.1, run any region changer and update to 4.1 with IOS60patched.wad again if I were looking to install Pre-Loader?

Thanks in advance. This thread is a fantastic resource!

Bootmii installed to boot2 with a working NAND backup (test if you can restore it after you make it as well) is 100% brick protection. Preloader is not necessary, but won't hurt and can make fixing certain types of bricks a bit easier since you can autoboot straight into .dol's if the HBC isn't working or something and have a chance to fix it without having to resort to restoring the old NAND. Preloader will also be able to replace starfall with better system menu hacks.

You can see the games because of the patched IOS60, but you shouldn't be able to play them from there unless you have CIOSCORP or something. You don't need to downgrade to install preloader. All it needs is a patched IOS36. If you haven't already, Run the Trucha Bug Restorer off of IOS36 and downgrade IOS15, run it again off of IOS15 this time and go to the IOS36 menu and install to IOS36 and say yes to the trucha bug and ES_Identify patch. Then run it again off of IOS36 and restore IOS15. Then you should be able to run the preloader install fine. Don't forget to also get the correct hacks.ini for your region and firmware.

QUOTE(john.jingle @ Aug 2 2009, 11:39 AM) Does restoring the NAND in my wii when the wii system is already corrupted, have any side effects? I was just wondering if my Wii saves just happened to be all erased, can I still use the NAND restore to get my saves back and everything else is the same?

Restoring the NAND when your system is corrupted is exactly the point of restoring the NAND. It will revert everything to how it was at the time you made the backup. Save games included, but only up to the point they were when you made the backup. If you can, figure out a way to fix the brick without doing the restore without losing much it would probably be a bit better, but you shouldn't have any problems restoring your NAND as long as bootmii doesn't have any issues with your SD card.

Thanks a ton for this very helpful feedback mate!

Cokesplash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jabmaster2 said:
@ cokesplash u probably installed an older version of those ios. Btw ios 60 patched was the only one u needed. Use dop ios to install latest versions of the ios needed for little kings story

So I DLed v7 of dop-ios and ran it. i had it DL and trucha patch ios 36, 60, and 61. however I STILL cant run little kings story as it is still trying to force an update (i want to remind that i own the retail copy and am running it through the regular disc launcher).

I have alo been unable to find out what ios is used by little kings story, but it WAS working fine before i modified my system to let me install WADs on 4.0 as i mentioned before.

Any ideas where i should go from here? Is there another IOS i should be updating???

Thx

Coke

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pioggia said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a massive wii cheat database like for the ds forum section?
thanks in advance!

Right Here

QUOTE(Cokesplash @ Aug 11 2009, 10:54 PM) So I DLed v7 of dop-ios and ran it. i had it DL and trucha patch ios 36, 60, and 61. however I STILL cant run little kings story as it is still trying to force an update (i want to remind that i own the retail copy and am running it through the regular disc launcher).

I have alo been unable to find out what ios is used by little kings story, but it WAS working fine before i modified my system to let me install WADs on 4.0 as i mentioned before.

Any ideas where i should go from here? Is there another IOS i should be updating???

Thx

Coke

If you have any downgraded IOS the disc channel will want to make you run a disc update. Your best option is to just load your backups through a launcher like NeoGamma.

Cokesplash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
Cokesplash said:
So I DLed v7 of dop-ios and ran it. i had it DL and trucha patch ios 36, 60, and 61. however I STILL cant run little kings story as it is still trying to force an update (i want to remind that i own the retail copy and am running it through the regular disc launcher).

Thx

Coke

If you have any downgraded IOS the disc channel will want to make you run a disc update. Your best option is to just load your backups through a launcher like NeoGamma.

Nice you pointed me in the right direction! Using dop-ios I realized it shows you the version of each ios you have unstalled vs the newest version. my ios35 was an old version so i had dop-ios update that with the trucha patch and bingo the game works through the launcher now! im also still able to "run" wads from the sd card directly aka have the wii copy them over automatically.

ill have to confirm i can still install wads tomorrow, im sure i can but you never know i guess lol.

thx again
smile.gif

frankiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My friend would like their Wii to play backups and such (she babysits or something, I dunno), I have a modchip but she doesn't so I'm not sure how softpatching works, and all the guides are different and it confuses me
Can someone explain or just point to a guide?
She has 3.3E
No internet! All guides seem to need the internet, is there any without it?

khross95

Trophies
XP
Country
NOOB here. Just got a wii and played around with wads and CIOScorp. Now my every time i try to play wii sports the disc channel freezes and the wii ocassionally freezes. What can I do?

US Wii with 4.1U firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
nkbswe5 said:
My friend would like their Wii to play backups and such (she babysits or something, I dunno), I have a modchip but she doesn't so I'm not sure how softpatching works, and all the guides are different and it confuses me
She has 3.3E

Check out the Ultimate System Menu 4.0 Guide.

Bugzykon

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys!
I downloaded two games recently - Swords & Soldiers and Bit Trip. So, they are WiiWare games. WAD's installed fine, but when I try to launch game, system goes again to Wii Channels. But World of Goo and Defend your Castle (and FF: Crystal) worked just fine.
Here what I have: PAL Wii 3.4E + Wiikey 1.9s + HBC 1.3 + WAD Manager 1.5 + cIOS38(249)-rev14. So, what I am doing wrong? There is so many different kind of cIOS, that I've lost here and don't know which cIOS is good here or some kind of universal
frown.gif

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
nkbswe5 said:
She has 3.3E

Check out the Ultimate System Menu 4.0 Guide.
use the simplistic mod instead

waterboy100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waterboy100 said:
I have a chipped wii and i used the ultimate system menu guide 4.0 (though i did install 4.0.1)
i installed bootmii (as boot2), preloader, and homebrew channel 1.0.3.
It seems that most of my burned backups dont play any more. they load for a second and then they tell me that the disc cant be read. what is going on? they all worked perfectly before the update..

so i installed the USB loader GX and it works great for the iso's on my computer that haven't been burned to disk yet. When i try to install the burned backups to the hard drive it completes and then it takes me to a black screen. THis is a disk that i know is perfect (wii sports btw)..

most burned backups still dont work.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waterboy100 said:
waterboy100 said:
I have a chipped wii and i used the ultimate system menu guide 4.0 (though i did install 4.0.1)
i installed bootmii (as boot2), preloader, and homebrew channel 1.0.3.
It seems that most of my burned backups dont play any more. they load for a second and then they tell me that the disc cant be read. what is going on? they all worked perfectly before the update..

so i installed the USB loader GX and it works great for the iso's on my computer that haven't been burned to disk yet. When i try to install the burned backups to the hard drive it completes and then it takes me to a black screen. THis is a disk that i know is perfect (wii sports btw)..

most burned backups still dont work.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Um are they burned on verbatim DVD-r. Maybe the cd have gone bad. See if u can extract the iso with imgburn to test if backups are good. If not maybe ur lens needs cleaning

Posts merged

QUOTE(Jonkswa @ Aug 12 2009, 09:27 PM)
how can i install nintendo wifi into vista
What? Not sure what ur asking sorry.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
h8uthemost said:
What exactly is alt.dol?

Thanks.
An alt. Dol is what is used to run games that have an ios reload. Some games at the beging change ios that they run from cussing the game to stop working. Using the alt. Dol method u are skipping pass where the ios reloads to play the game with no problems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol