archagon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some modified IOS questions:

1. Is it possible to revert the Trucha-modded IOS36 to the unmodded version? (That is, is it possible to uninstall the Trucha Bug Restorer?)
2. What happens if a system has a modified or custom IOS (Trucha IOS36 or cIOS, for example) and Nintendo releases an updated version of that IOS? Does it overwrite the modified IOS with the new version, or does it fail because the hash signatures don't match?

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n00b to Wii hacking, I followed this thread here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835
I used "online upgrade/downgrade"

Got to the preloader step, but when I need to choose the hack to bypass disk system update check, it says hacks.ini isn't present, when it is. How can I fix it?

Next question is how do I install & use WAD manager? I tried using Installer to get wads installed, but the hbc says it isn't a valid application.

gamer220

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1)how do i know if i have the trucha bug?
2) What is the ES_Identify patch? And how do I find out if I already have this on?

I am currently on 4.1U, preloader 0.29, cIOS 38 Rev 14

mike_pasara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
**Edit** Issue has been resolved. Used the trucha bug restorer then installed cios... everything is good now

Hi, Noob here...

I have a Wii v4.1u

I have installed Homebrew channel, Bootmii, DVDx and a few apps for HBC. I've also installed backup launcher 0.3beta along with CIOS rev14.

I want to be able to play my backups but I'm having a problem. I've looked online and have had mixed information and now scared to brick the wii.
I installed Backup Loader 0.3beta and tried to play my backup and it gave me an error. I figured i didn't install something properly or I am missing something. I looked online some more and saw I needed CIOS perhaps. Well I went and found the latest CISO and when I install it i get an error.

So that's basically where I am at. I don't want to fool around with anything else and now officially posting for help.

PS when I load bootmii my controller shuts off and cant connect forcing me to reset the system.

Somebody help me please.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jabmaster2 said:
fuuuuuu said:
Well another Newb here its been along time:P Basically i have 1 wii on 3.2E Running Gamma loader (Not 002 fix)

What do i need to do in order to get the USB Loader working?

Can you just connect a USB directly to your pc and stream the games from your HDD? Or does it have to be external of some sort?
To stream games from pc requires a flatmii modchip. With the USB loader u need external HD. All u need to do is install waninikokos latesedt cios rev 14 and choose a USB lpader of ur choice. I like USB loader gx. Btw for backups from disk upgrade urself to neogamma rev 7 by wiipower. It's much better old backup launcher.
Thanks for the tips chief/guys
gbasp.gif
Can't believe its now rev 14 and Neogamma! Lasttime i was around here it was cios rev 7!

manofsand

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I was wondering if there was a way to undo the game disc updates from the Wii after they are already installed? When I bought The Conduit I allowed the disc update to run, unfortunately when it reached the end (more like 99%) it showed the disc read error. So now I can't play any of my games from the disc channel and I suspect that the updates on the disc caused the problem. Any ideas on what to do? Or if there is a way to undo the disc updates? Btw I was on Waninkoko's 4.0 when I updated.

gameplayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Homebrew Channel when i had 3.2U and 2 years have passed since and have foolishly updated to 4.0U, and now i can't install wads anymore it always gives me errors constantly! (on wad manager that is...) What can i do to start installing wads again??? PLEASE HELP!!!

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mike_pasara said:
**Edit** Issue has been resolved. Used the trucha bug restorer then installed cios... everything is good now

Hi, Noob here...

I have a Wii v4.1u

I have installed Homebrew channel, Bootmii, DVDx and a few apps for HBC. I've also installed backup launcher 0.3beta along with CIOS rev14.

I want to be able to play my backups but I'm having a problem. I've looked online and have had mixed information and now scared to brick the wii.
I installed Backup Loader 0.3beta and tried to play my backup and it gave me an error. I figured i didn't install something properly or I am missing something. I looked online some more and saw I needed CIOS perhaps. Well I went and found the latest CISO and when I install it i get an error.

So that's basically where I am at. I don't want to fool around with anything else and now officially posting for help.

PS when I load bootmii my controller shuts off and cant connect forcing me to reset the system.

Yes u doo need a cios installed. First u need trucha bug ios to install it so gollow this guide http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178. Instead of the cios 13 in the pack install the latest cios rev14. Also use neogamma rev by wiipower. The backup lauchner ur useing is old and out of date. And bootmii dosent work with wiimotes only gc controller or use eject reset buttons on wii.

Somebody help me please.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manofsand said:
Hi there, I was wondering if there was a way to undo the game disc updates from the Wii after they are already installed? When I bought The Conduit I allowed the disc update to run, unfortunately when it reached the end (more like 99%) it showed the disc read error. So now I can't play any of my games from the disc channel and I suspect that the updates on the disc caused the problem. Any ideas on what to do? Or if there is a way to undo the disc updates? Btw I was on Waninkoko's 4.0 when I updated.

Hmm that doesn't sound good. The only way to undo what every u did would be bootmii as boot 2 and restore NAND backup. U have either messed up ur system ios and have semi brick or u may have bad DVD drive. U would have to reinstall ur ios through wad manager or dop ios if that is the problem. Only thing is I don't know which would be messed up as I'm not sure what exactly the conduit updates

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameplayer123 said:
I installed Homebrew Channel when i had 3.2U and 2 years have passed since and have foolishly updated to 4.0U, and now i can't install wads anymore it always gives me errors constantly! (on wad manager that is...) What can i do to start installing wads again??? PLEASE HELP!!!
u need a patch ios 60 and a cios installed. U can get everything u need here http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178. Also u can istall a patched ios 60 directly to ur wii through wifi with dop ios.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
jabmaster2 said:
manofsand said:

Hmm that doesn't sound good. The only way to undo what every u did would be bootmii as boot 2 and restore NAND backup. U have either messed up ur system ios and have semi brick or u may have bad DVD drive. U would have to reinstall ur ios through wad manager or dop ios if that is the problem. Only thing is I don't know which would be messed up as I'm not sure what exactly the conduit updates

If that happened to me heres what I would do:

1. If I had Bootmii, restore a NAND that I backed up before. If I don't have Bootmii, or if I didn't do a NAND backup, move on to #2.
2. Buy a USB Drive (a Maxtor 80gb portable is good!) and start using USB loader instead! It doesn't need a disc drive!

Good Luck!

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi...me again
biggrin.gif

i have a few short things to ask but here it is a summary of my wiis experience and my question.

Wii Experience
Ok i had a 4.0U wii then i got neogamam r6 wad manager HBC etc etc. Then after i did that they said it was safe to get 4.1U so i got it. Then someone told me to play a custom game to downgrade to 3.2U. I did and i got bricked. So i used the systemmenu thing and got 4.1U. I only installed a few wads for systemmenu wads for games and another one to play LoZ: Majoras mask but all wads i installed were before i got bricked.

Now for my questions.
First after i got bricked and then i used systemmenu there has been a few problems. Online my Call of Duty screws up sometimes. And pokemon battle revolution offline isnt working. Well it works but i have a problem. My cousin had it and he could use his platinum to import pokemon. But i cant for some reason. We are both on 4.1u but his works and my doesnt

Other Small questions
Can i have WiiConnect24 on? Why cant my burnt games work online

P.S: Call of Duty is the real game not a burned version

gameplayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Trucha Bug, I always get a ios15 downgrade error, talking about not being able to locate it on the SD card... What should I do??? (This is for soft-modding my wii 4.0U)

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
Hi...me again
biggrin.gif

i have a few short things to ask but here it is a summary of my wiis experience and my question.

Wii Experience
Ok i had a 4.0U wii then i got neogamam r6 wad manager HBC etc etc. Then after i did that they said it was safe to get 4.1U so i got it. Then someone told me to play a custom game to downgrade to 3.2U. I did and i got bricked. So i used the systemmenu thing and got 4.1U. I only installed a few wads for systemmenu wads for games and another one to play LoZ: Majoras mask but all wads i installed were before i got bricked.

Now for my questions.
First after i got bricked and then i used systemmenu there has been a few problems. Online my Call of Duty screws up sometimes. And pokemon battle revolution offline isnt working. Well it works but i have a problem. My cousin had it and he could use his platinum to import pokemon. But i cant for some reason. We are both on 4.1u but his works and my doesnt

Other Small questions

I don't quite understand what exactly you did. What methods did you use to originally update to 4.1, downgrade to 3.2/brick, use the "systemmenu thing" (official update?) to get back to 4.1 from the brick. What are those wad's you installed?

QUOTE(gameplayer123 @ Aug 5 2009, 01:39 PM) For the Trucha Bug, I always get a ios15 downgrade error, talking about not being able to locate it on the SD card... What should I do??? (This is for soft-modding my wii 4.0U)

Because you're telling it to look for the IOS files it needs on your SD card when you don't have them. You need to tell it to download from NUS as this video shows (provided you have internet access on it). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

manofsand

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
manofsand said:

Well when I used WUFE on a friend's Wii to extract the updates I found

ios10 v768
ios11 v256
ios12 v11
ios13 v15
ios14 v262
ios15 v265
ios17 v517
ios20 v256
ios21 v522
ios22 v777
ios28 v1292
ios30 v2816
ios31 v3088
ios33 v2832
ios34 v3087
ios35 v3088
ios36 v3090
ios37 v3609
ios 4? v65280
ios50 v4889
ios53 v4113
ios55 v4633
ios 9? v520
Rvl-bc-v5
Rvl-Eulav-v5
Rvl-Forecast_US-v7
Rvl-News_US v7
Rvl-mios v9
Rvl-NigaoeNR-v6
Rvl-photo2-v2
Rvl-shopping-v10
Rvl-wiisystemmenu v385
_update.inf
sorry about the long list but that is what I found. Hopefully someone can help me
smile.gif

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nabster92 said:
UnseenHero said:
Hi...me again
biggrin.gif

Wii Experience

Now for my questions.

Other Small questions

I don't quite understand what exactly you did. What methods did you use to originally update to 4.1, downgrade to 3.2/brick, use the "systemmenu thing" (official update?) to get back to 4.1 from the brick. What are those wad's you installed?

Well i used firmwaredowngrader v1.1. Then downgraded to 3.2U. Then i poped in my Conduit cd and then updated through nintendo. So i got bricked. Then i used the official systemmenu guide and installed 4.1U from hbc.

cme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

just got 2 questions.
I'm new in this world and this comunity is so big...
unsure.gif
I'm not sure if followed the correct steps.

I had system software 4.0, installed bootmii in boot2;
Instaled HBC;
Installed cIOS38rev13b with IOS38-64-v3610.wad and wad manager 1.4;
Installed USB Loader GX;
Finally able to play backup games.

Then:
Updated to 4.1.
Installed cIOS38rev14

Still able to play backup games.

Should I do anything else? There are a lot of threads tlaking about other IOS...
Don't know if I may have my system incomplete and may be easly damaged...
Please advise.

How should I install wad backup games?

Thanks.

Jenbangles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Sure enough, I fixed the problem as soon as I posted this. Used DOP-IOS to reinstall a normal IOS9 which I heard can be a leftover from cioscorp. So...maybe someone will find this useful at least.

Basic summary of problem: certain VC games restart my Wii upon loading them when launched from either the Wii or SD menu. I'm not an expert on this stuff; I only have a basic working knowledge.

History of Wii (hoping something is relevant):

Was on 4.1U with cioscorp installed. Wanted to remove cioscorp to install bootmii (found out I couldn't do a boot2 install anyway >_>).

Downgraded to 3.2U with AnyRegionChanger. Upgraded to 4.1U via Nintendo Update. Was confident this removed all traces of cioscorp and basically made my Wii a virgin aside from HBC.

Ran trucha bug restorer. Installed cios rev14. Installed patched IOS60. Installed preloader. Enabled 'skip disc update check' and 'skip health warning screen.'

Before these changes, I could run any of my installed VC games without problems. The only thing I've been able to do to change how my launched games act is to make channels region free via Preloader. Now when I launch games, they just give me a black screen.

Here's a list of games that DON'T work:

Mario 64
Toejam & Earl
Ocarina of Time
Sonic 1
Zelda 2
SMB 1
Zelda 1

These games DO work:

Sonic 2
Super Metroid
Majora's Mask
Paper Mario

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say there's a problem with an IOS that the non-working games all use. If that's the case, I'm clueless as to which one it is.

Can anyone tell me what steps I need to take or if I'm even on the right track here? I've tried different cios revisions and reinstalling the problem games already. Thanks in advance!

mariox2098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have 3.3U LU65 wii. After some searching, i did the lu64 fix but i forgot about preloader so now i need to upgrade to 4.0 or 4.1. Can i just use waninkoko's updater or is there something special i should do cuz im lu64+?

AnakinOU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I missing? I can install a wad (using Mod Manager) to my Wii, and it runs fine. This isnt the problem. If I move it to the SD card using the Wii data management n try to run it from the SD card menu I get a "Failed to Load" error. I also can't move it back to the Wii system memory. Any quick recommendations?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro