Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CIsor said:
nabster92 said:
Why would you want to uninstall your system menu...Generaly rule of thumb, NEVER delete or uninstall any IOS's or system menu's.
Why? Because I was hoping for a quick fix for my "Invalid DVD" issue in my emulators. Thank you for your answer. I'll take your rule of thumb to heart. Any particular reason not to delete?

Well the Wii needing a system menu to run (without bootmii) would be a good reason not to delete it. If you don't have bootmii or preloader, deleting your system menu or the IOS that it runs off of is basically an unrecoverable brick. I mean I don't see how you can have a better reason to not delete IOS's or your system menu.

System needs it to run. Deleting will result in system no longer running. Deleting not good.

ChainGangSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I Love this title xD
Hello
smile.gif

I have a Wii 4.0E with bannerbomb on, so I'm fine with the Backup loader etc.
Questions:
1)Can I Update to 4.1 using the Wii system menu?
2) what If I remove the SD Card? Does the "hack" dissapear?
3) I Bought Motionplus, so i guess that Wii Sports Resort will have me upgrade the Firmware. Should I Do it?
4) If not, is there any way that I can play WSR?

Thx in advance and sry for being so noob
rolleyes.gif

Tan18_01

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,

I've actually got a few questions.

I've got a completely brand new wii (AUS) with a serial number of LAH 111. From what i understand, I should treat it as the LU64 type models correct? Current version is 3.3E

I haven't yet started to mod it, but am lookin to real soon.

Should I update my wii up to 4.1E via nintendo first before i start modding, or should i mod and then use waninkoko's updates.

Also, this is what I'm looking to do:
1) Install HBC and bootmii
2) Backup NAND
3) Run the Trucha Bug Restorer thingy to downgrade IOS15 and update IOS36
4) Install cIOS38r13b
5) Use WAD Manager to install IOS60
6) Install Preloader
7) Install NeoGamma
8) Install Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5
**9) Update using Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater
**10) Update using Waninkoko's 4.1 Updater

**If updating after modding

Is this the right order of things? Am i missing anything, or can I ignore some things?
Where do updates fit into this mod list?

Thanks guys.

ugan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here guys, im sorry in advance for being a noob, hopefully someone can help me out.

PAL System
Current fw: 4.1 E
Loader: Usb loader gx or neogamma

Ok so here is my problem, i have about 5 isos all booting fine from my usb.........but

I ran into trouble when trying to run punch out (pal). iv turned the 002 fix on in the loader options. iv read through the forums and changed the config settings for the game. after launching the iso i just get a black screen

Im also having the same problem with tiger woods 2010 (NTSC), iv forced pal video mode changed the settings turned on the 002 fix, it looks like it boots i get the controller screen then ea comes up then it just freezes.

I know this is really stupid but i dont have a clue which ios im using. when i press the home button on the HBC top right corner says IOS37 V14.28 is this the ios im running? because the last one i remember installing was cIOS36_rev10.

This also might be helpful when in the usb loader gx settings for a game, it gives me the choice between ios 249 222 or 223.

Here is my report after using signcheck

"IOS number", "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

"IOS250 (ver 65535)",Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS249 (ver 9)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS61 (ver 4890)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS60 (ver 6174)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS55 (ver 5149)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS53 (ver 5149)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS38 (ver 3610)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS37 (ver 3612)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS36 (ver 3094)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS35 (ver 3092)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS34 (ver 3091)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS33 (ver 2834)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS31 (ver 3092)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS28 (ver 1293)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS22 (ver 780)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS17 (ver 518)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS14 (ver 263)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS13 (ver 16)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled

What im trying to get at is what do i need to install or uninstall to get both these games working?

If i havnt provided enough information please let me know and i will try explain better,

Thanks, Ugan

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChainGangSoldier said:
I Love this title xD
Hello
smile.gif

I have a Wii 4.0E with bannerbomb on, so I'm fine with the Backup loader etc.
Questions:
1)Can I Update to 4.1 using the Wii system menu?
2) what If I remove the SD Card? Does the "hack" dissapear?
3) I Bought Motionplus, so i guess that Wii Sports Resort will have me upgrade the Firmware. Should I Do it?
4) If not, is there any way that I can play WSR?

Thx in advance and sry for being so noob
rolleyes.gif

I don't get what you mean by having bannerbomb "on". Bannerbomb is just an exploit you use one time to run an installer for the HBC channel and then you should never need it ever again. It also doesn't really have anything to do with being "fine with the Backup loader". Have you installed any cIOS on your Wii yet? Backup loaders need a cIOS revision in order to do anything.

1. Your info doesn't really tell me what you have done with your Wii. Updating officially will get rid of preloader, startpatch hacks, CIOSCORP, and any custom themes if you installed any of those.

2. There isn't really any one "hack" that is done to your Wii to do everything. Some things are installed to your Wii, something things need an SD card to boot off of. The HBC is installed to your Wii. It will be there regardless of an SD card, but you won't be able to load anything in it without any apps on an SD card. Any channels you installed to your system menu can be run without an SD card unless they are forwarder channels.

3. There isn't really any specific update that WSR needs to run. 4.1 was released AFTER WSR came out so it won't have an update to that on it. Generally never update from a disc regardless. If you are running a backup of WSR and can't run it through the disc channel there is some extra stuff you have to do for the first time you load it explained in this sticky in the backup loader forum: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168530

4. If your IOS's and stuff on 4.0 are up to date you shouldn't have a problem other than having to load the alternate dol explained in the link above if it's not an original game.

I can't really tell what you have done on your system so if you haven't REALLY done anything other than use bannerbomb to install the HBC or something then have a look at this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

QUOTE(Tan18_01 @ Jul 28 2009, 05:18 PM) hi guys,

I've actually got a few questions.

I've got a completely brand new wii (AUS) with a serial number of LAH 111. From what i understand, I should treat it as the LU64 type models correct? Current version is 3.3E

I haven't yet started to mod it, but am lookin to real soon.

Should I update my wii up to 4.1E via nintendo first before i start modding, or should i mod and then use waninkoko's updates.

Also, this is what I'm looking to do:
1) Install HBC and bootmii
2) Backup NAND
3) Run the Trucha Bug Restorer thingy to downgrade IOS15 and update IOS36
4) Install cIOS38r13b
5) Use WAD Manager to install IOS60
6) Install Preloader
7) Install NeoGamma
8) Install Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5
**9) Update using Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater
**10) Update using Waninkoko's 4.1 Updater

**If updating after modding

Is this the right order of things? Am i missing anything, or can I ignore some things?
Where do updates fit into this mod list?

Thanks guys.

You can replace step 4 with running the cIOS rev14 installer instead now.

Also for step 5 you can use Dop-IOS to install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check instead.

And don't install preloader until you are on your final firmware (4.1) Any system menu update will get rid of preloader so there's no point in doing it before updating. Might want to do that step 5 after updating as well actually. Not sure if Waninkoko's updater would just overwrite it anyways.

And for step 8 you might want to use USB Loader GX or lke Beardface's Coverfloader instead. They have a bit more options/nice GUI's.

You could just follow that guide I posted above:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

Tan18_01

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92, Thank you very much!

Just another thing. Would it be better to update with the official Nintendo Updates before I start doing any mods? If I do so, all the mods will still work right?

I was just thinking that it might be simpler that way.

tdlo123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
tdlo123 said:
tj_cool said:
tdlo123 said:
Hi guys.

I need help with Trucha signer. for some reason it can't open an ISO (Resident Evil Archieves)

Whenever I try to open it Trucha stops responding, and then the whole pc hangs up and forces me to reset.
I've tried other ISO and it opens them successfully.

Is there any way to fix that?
sleep.gif
Why do you need to open them?

for removing error #001, error #002 (GWP)
....anyone? =_=

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ugan said:
Ok here guys, im sorry in advance for being a noob, hopefully someone can help me out.

PAL System
Current fw: 4.1 E
Loader: Usb loader gx or neogamma

Ok so here is my problem, i have about 5 isos all booting fine from my usb.........but

I ran into trouble when trying to run punch out (pal). iv turned the 002 fix on in the loader options. iv read through the forums and changed the config settings for the game. after launching the iso i just get a black screen

Im also having the same problem with tiger woods 2010 (NTSC), iv forced pal video mode changed the settings turned on the 002 fix, it looks like it boots i get the controller screen then ea comes up then it just freezes.

I know this is really stupid but i dont have a clue which ios im using. when i press the home button on the HBC top right corner says IOS37 V14.28 is this the ios im running? because the last one i remember installing was cIOS36_rev10.

This also might be helpful when in the usb loader gx settings for a game, it gives me the choice between ios 249 222 or 223.

Here is my report after using signcheck

"IOS number", "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

"IOS250 (ver 65535)",Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS249 (ver 9)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS61 (ver 4890)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS60 (ver 6174)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS55 (ver 5149)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS53 (ver 5149)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS38 (ver 3610)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS37 (ver 3612)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS36 (ver 3094)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS35 (ver 3092)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS34 (ver 3091)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS33 (ver 2834)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS31 (ver 3092)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS28 (ver 1293)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS22 (ver 780)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS17 (ver 518)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS14 (ver 263)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS13 (ver 16)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled

What im trying to get at is what do i need to install or uninstall to get both these games working?

If i havnt provided enough information please let me know and i will try explain better,

Thanks, Ugan

You sure you installed rev10? Either way, try updating that to cIOS rev14. Not sure what your problem actually is though...did you update officially to 4.1 or through some other method?

QUOTE(Tan18_01 @ Jul 28 2009, 06:44 PM) nabster92, Thank you very much!

Just another thing. Would it be better to update with the official Nintendo Updates before I start doing any mods? If I do so, all the mods will still work right?

I was just thinking that it might be simpler that way.

You can just update first if you find it any easier. Any Wii on any firmware can be soft modded with the Trucha Bug Restorer. If you want to have a failsafe though, you can install the HBC and bootmii at least now, make a NAND backup and then update. (though you may only be able to install bootmii as an IOS, so you will REQUIRE a GC controller to use that.)

bekern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
bekern said:
Hey guys just need help with something. I just updated from 3.2u to 4.1u, and I'm having problems with my shop channel. When I start it it just restarts my wii. Also, my Nintendo channel says it needs to update, but I was under the impression all my stuff updated when I updated my wii? How can I safely update that? I followed this guide to update BTW: ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide

So yeah thanks, and sorry if I am missing something completely obvious :/.
try wii sku app

Thanks a bunch the shop channel is now fixed
smile.gif
. I downloaded all channel upgrades, and ios 61 and 38. I read somewhere that 16 isn't really important, but i didn't download ios60 because wiibrew has a warning regarding it and menu 4.0. Should I download it?
Also this didn't fix the Nintendo channel, it says I need to update that via the shop channel. That's okay do to right?

Normalboyninja

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gabon
OK I followed "THE ULTIMATE 4.1 GUIDE" up to step 11 just so i could play VC and Wii Ware WADs off my SD Card. I have bootmii, and when I try to go to the Homebrew Channel, the Wii freezes and just shows a black screen. Same with when I try and run it off the System Menu. I had it installed before when i was on 3.4U, along with the configurable USB Loader.

However, my World of Goo WAD runs perfectly off the SD card. My main problem is the Homebrew Channel. I tried reinstalling it via bannerbomb but the Wii freezes when i stick my SD card into the Wii on the Saved Channels Menu.

My HD is unplugged. Sometimes when I back up my NAND the Wii reformats my 2GB SD Card though

Any help is appreciated to get my Homebrew Channel back!!
THANKS!

594rk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I’m thinking about installing CIOSCORP and I was wondering if I could install it without installing preloader?
I have read many different guides and every guide says to install preloader for the “Skip disc update check” hack.
If I don’t install the preloader will games realize I’m using old IOS or only old system menus? Is it necessary to have?
I have BootMii installed as boot2, so I don’t plan on using preloader for brick protection, and I don’t plan using games out of my region or any of the other hacks.
Thanks in advance!

FreytA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G'day everyone.. i know this has probably been asked a million times but i seem to be too retarded to find it
mellow.gif
.. lol!

Anyway, is there anyway to install bootmii/preloader or something like that (a nand backup tool) to boot2 or similar so I can restore my nand on boot (i have an equivalent of a lu64)?

I don't think i can just asking if this is possible.

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi all i am hoping someone can confirm by looking at my signcheck that all is ok and do i need to do anything else and am i upto date i have gone from 3.2 and done the wanin update 4.0 then 4.1 i am using the gx loader with rev14

thanks in advance

SignCheck 0.3 aka /dev/nintystuff build report
Wii region Europe

IOS number "Trucha bug" "Flash access" "Boot2 access" "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS250 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS249 (ver 14) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS61 (ver 4890) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3610) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3612) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 1042) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 1039) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS30 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1292) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 777) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS21 (ver 514) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS20 (ver 12) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 512) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS16 (ver 257) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS15 (ver 257) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 262) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 10) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS12 (ver 6) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FreytA said:
G'day everyone.. i know this has probably been asked a million times but i seem to be too retarded to find it
mellow.gif
.. lol!

Anyway, is there anyway to install bootmii/preloader or something like that (a nand backup tool) to boot2 or similar so I can restore my nand on boot (i have an equivalent of a lu64)?

I don't think i can just asking if this is possible.

i have asked that and got help on here so if i can help i will i installed bootmii the other day, if you download ( hackmii_installer_beta2 ) theres a read me with it put it on your card once you open with HBC you can install bootmii happy days

CIsor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
CIsor said:
nabster92 said:
Why would you want to uninstall your system menu...Generaly rule of thumb, NEVER delete or uninstall any IOS's or system menu's.
Why? Because I was hoping for a quick fix for my "Invalid DVD" issue in my emulators. Thank you for your answer. I'll take your rule of thumb to heart. Any particular reason not to delete?

Well the Wii needing a system menu to run (without bootmii) would be a good reason not to delete it. If you don't have bootmii or preloader, deleting your system menu or the IOS that it runs off of is basically an unrecoverable brick. I mean I don't see how you can have a better reason to not delete IOS's or your system menu.

System needs it to run. Deleting will result in system no longer running. Deleting not good.

Thanks nabster "Deleting not good." I reckon that says it all
smile.gif

I think I need to be more careful with my words. What I meant was can I revert my Wii to the state prior to performing the update? Without having a NAND dump of the previous Wii state.

I'm pretty sure that I am in the realm of wishful thinking!

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
GundamXXX said:
Jst a quickie

After ive done the Zelda hack under v3.1 can I afterwards update to 4.0 without it affecting anything involving HBC etc? Or would i have to hack the wii again with something else?

The only thing updating will really get rid of is the trucha bug in all IOS's, CIOSCORP if you installed it, and preloader, if you installed it. If you install a cIOS from where you are now, that will have the trucha bug and will not be affected by updating so you will still have access to the trucha bug without having to restore it.

So basically, run the cIOS rev14 installer, then Waninkoko's 4.0 updater. (or 4.1)

Euh... what the? WHats the trucha bug? Im a noob in this, im already happy i finally got the HBC and the loader to work!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CIsor said:
Thanks nabster "Deleting not good." I reckon that says it all
smile.gif

I think I need to be more careful with my words. What I meant was can I revert my Wii to the state prior to performing the update? Without having a NAND dump of the previous Wii state.

I'm pretty sure that I am in the realm of wishful thinking!

To go back to an older firmware you would use cIOS downgrader or something to which would not delete any system menus but basically install the older system menu again as well as the IOS it runs off of I believe to make sure it doesn't install the old system menu while the IOS it runs off of was updated to be a stub IOS.

Anyways a NAND dump would be the easiest way to revert back to exactly as it was before, but there are ways to downgrade firmware as well. They just don't involve deleting things. But don't try downgrading things if you have a boot2v4 Wii aka LU64+ Wii (a Wii bought around this year or so.)

GundamXXX said:
nabster92 said:
QUOTE(GundamXXX @ Jul 27 2009, 10:29 PM) Jst a quickie

After ive done the Zelda hack under v3.1 can I afterwards update to 4.0 without it affecting anything involving HBC etc? Or would i have to hack the wii again with something else?

The only thing updating will really get rid of is the trucha bug in all IOS's, CIOSCORP if you installed it, and preloader, if you installed it. If you install a cIOS from where you are now, that will have the trucha bug and will not be affected by updating so you will still have access to the trucha bug without having to restore it.

So basically, run the cIOS rev14 installer, then Waninkoko's 4.0 updater. (or 4.1)

Euh... what the? WHats the trucha bug? Im a noob in this, im already happy i finally got the HBC and the loader to work!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164...p;#entry2083865

So you got a backup launcher to successfully launch a backup? If so then you already must have installed some cIOS. Just update that to rev14 by running the cIOS rev14 installer and use IOS249 and do a network install in that (if you have wifi). Then you can update with Waninkoko's 4.0 updater without really losing anything.

sambo2312

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi

I have a PAL Wii on firmware 3.1E.

I have installed the homebrew channel, IOS36-64-v1042.wad, cios36-rev6 and backup launcher gamma 0.3 with 002 fix.

My questions are:

Would you recommend me upgrading my CIOS to a later version, and if so what version?
Would you recommend me upgrading my Wii firmware to the latest version and if so how would I go about that?

Thanks

S

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sambo2312 said:
Hi

I have a PAL Wii on firmware 3.1E.

I have installed the homebrew channel, IOS36-64-v1042.wad, cios36-rev6 and backup launcher gamma 0.3 with 002 fix.

My questions are:

Would you recommend me upgrading my CIOS to a later version, and if so what version?
Would you recommend me upgrading my Wii firmware to the latest version and if so how would I go about that?

Thanks

S

1.) Yes, rev6 is pretty ancient. Update to rev14. Also update your backup launcher to NeoGamma R6.
2.) Yes, run Waninkoko's 4.1 updater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated