Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

dewisant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
Just don't use gamma 0.3 anymore. Delete the channel. Install this one: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165485
It looks EXACTLY the same as that channel and will autoboot discs just the same except it will use NeoGamma R6 instead. And yes update to rev13a ASAP from that link above to waninkoko's blog. Rev5 is ancient. Just have it use IOS249 when installing it.
Thanks for advice.
I have downloaded cIOS38_rev13-Installer.zip and Neogamma r6 - Backup Launcher-WBKL.wad
A couple of questions please:
1: To remove Backup Laucher 0.3 Gamma first do I put a copy of the BackupLauncher_0.3gamma.wad back into the WAD folder and use the - to unistall in Wad manager 1.21?
2: Then install Backup Launcher-WBKL.wad via wad manager 1.21
3: Do I put cIOS38_rev13-Installer.dol in the root of th SD card and then run cios installer from HBC? Do I need to find IOS38-64-v3610.wad or will having a networked wii be fine.

I'm sorry these questions are so lame, but I softmodded my wii about 9 months ago and I am very rusty.
Gamma has worked so well for me, but I do read here most days and feel I must attempt to upgrade from time to time
smile.gif

dewi

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dewisant

1: To remove Backup Laucher 0.3 Gamma first do I put a copy of the BackupLauncher_0.3gamma.wad back into the WAD folder and use the - to unistall in Wad manager 1.21?
Yep, there is Wad Manager 1.4, if you want to use the latest version apps

correct

3: Do I put cIOS38_rev13-Installer.dol in the root of th SD card and then run cios installer from HBC? Do I need to find IOS38-64-v3610.wad or will having a networked wii be fine.
No, rename to boot.dol and place it on SD:/apps/cIOS Installer/boot.dol, then load it from HBC and choose "Network Install"

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm i have 3 questions

1) is there a way to install VC/Wii Ware WADS in 4.0 like is the something i can install on the wii so i can do that...before i upgrade
2) how do you rip GC ISO Files from the disc on the PC/Wii?
3) how do you create custom channels...I Have WADer but i cant get pics on there...

dewisant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
dewisant

Yep, there is Wad Manager 1.4, if you want to use the latest version apps

correct

No, rename to boot.dol and place it on SD:/apps/cIOS Installer/boot.dol, then load it from HBC and choose "Network Install"

Thanks for the further info, will attempt the upgrade in the morning when the red wine has gone
smile.gif

dewi

bakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello - just followed the steps in the following guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505 to softmod my virgin 4.1u wii. Everything seemed to go well - quick question though - when I put in my retail copy of Tiger Woods 10 the disc channel shows a graphic that reads "Wii System Update" and when i try to launch the channel is says that I need to update in order to play the game. Is this safe to do? Is there something else I should be doing to make the game safe to play?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bakes said:
Hello - just followed the steps in the following guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505 to softmod my virgin 4.1u wii. Everything seemed to go well - quick question though - when I put in my retail copy of Tiger Woods 10 the disc channel shows a graphic that reads "Wii System Update" and when i try to launch the channel is says that I need to update in order to play the game. Is this safe to do? Is there something else I should be doing to make the game safe to play?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Just google a program called brickblocker and run the ios through that,then burn the game again,that should stop the pop up calling for you to update,but whatever you do dont update your wii.

takaneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hokay, so I wasn't sure whether to start my own topic or not.

I have a LU65 4.1U Wii. I have successfully utilized the bannerbomb exploit to run the HackMii installer. I have the homebrew channel up and running, I can install wads, and I have USB Loader GX working.

This took me a couple days of screwing around with different methods, trying to figure stuff out, I must have formatted my Wii's system memory at least 4 times in the process.

I installed BootMii the first time around, since then I have uninstalled it. However, when I load the HackMii installer it still gives me the option to uninstall BootMii as an IOS. Does this mean that it didn't uninstall properly, or does the HackMii installer provide this option regardless of whether or not it's actually installed?

Anyway, my main concern is that I would like to prevent my Wii from becoming a brick as best I can... I've searched the internets extensively for a solution but nothing solid seemed to come up... so I figured I'd just ask.

Is there really no way to safely back up and restore my NAND?

Is Preloader safe / will it help?

Also, is it safe to downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0, or is that entirely pointless?

KennethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck trying to get Wii Sports Resort (PAL) to work on my Wii. I have the following:

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Freeloader
Homebrew Channel

What do I need to do to play Wii Sports Resort on my Wii? I don't know anything about cIOS's and other stuff, so please be as detailed as possible. I am a true noob on this subject.

Thanks again for all the work!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
takaneko said:
Hokay, so I wasn't sure whether to start my own topic or not.

I have a LU65 4.1U Wii. I have successfully utilized the bannerbomb exploit to run the HackMii installer. I have the homebrew channel up and running, I can install wads, and I have USB Loader GX working.

This took me a couple days of screwing around with different methods, trying to figure stuff out, I must have formatted my Wii's system memory at least 4 times in the process.

I installed BootMii the first time around, since then I have uninstalled it. However, when I load the HackMii installer it still gives me the option to uninstall BootMii as an IOS. Does this mean that it didn't uninstall properly, or does the HackMii installer provide this option regardless of whether or not it's actually installed?

Anyway, my main concern is that I would like to prevent my Wii from becoming a brick as best I can... I've searched the internets extensively for a solution but nothing solid seemed to come up... so I figured I'd just ask.

Is there really no way to safely back up and restore my NAND?

Is Preloader safe / will it help?

Also, is it safe to downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0, or is that entirely pointless?

Trying to prevent your Wii from bricking and trying to uninstalling bootmii is kinda counterintuitive. Even as just an IOS there's no harm in keeping it. Downgrading is entirely pointless and basically just a method to possibly brick your Wii.

Preloader CAN help, though I believe you will need to use the Trucha Bug Restorer to patch IOS36 to be able to install it first if you haven't already when you installed your cIOS. Don't downgrade anything else besides what the TBR does.

The best way to make yourself brick proof is to not do anything stupid yourself. Don't try needlessly uninstalling things ESPECIALLY if it has anything to do with IOS's. Basically just make sure you absolutely know for sure what you are doing and that you can do it on YOUR wii before you do anything on it and you shouldn't have a problem.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks nabster92 for your helpful info, very much appreciated
yaypsp.gif
I haven't tried this yet but will keep you posted. My Wii isn't over a year old but if I can't install to Boot2 then I know I have read another not so good way to install it somewhere.

BTW, I found the info that 3.4E couldn't have Bootmii installed on it here on a thread but as I couldn't find much info on it being installed on 3.4E I took it as being correct
wacko.gif

Thank you very muchly again
yaypsp.gif

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive installed cIOS38r13a but when i installed it i selected to install using 249. does it make a difference what you select and if so, why?

also, i still cant get onto the wii shop channel. i used the ultimate guide and followed everything except the NAND backup as i dont have a gamecube controller and a ps2 to GC adapter just reset the wii, but still it doesnt work.

is there anything else i still need to do?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
amasseburg said:
umm i have 3 questions

1) is there a way to install VC/Wii Ware WADS in 4.0 like is the something i can install on the wii so i can do that...before i upgrade
2) how do you rip GC ISO Files from the disc on the PC/Wii?
3) how do you create custom channels...I Have WADer but i cant get pics on there...

1.You need to install a cIOS, any cIOS will be fine
2.Use waninkoko's DVD Dumper, you'll need a PC and a wireless router
3.Read and post on WADer forums
tongue.gif

bakes said:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Install preloader, Use WUFE to extract the update partition of the game, install only the IOSes 38-53-55, enable in preloader the "Skip Disc Update" patch, and enjoy...!!
smile.gif

KennethNL said:
Still no luck trying to get Wii Sports Resort (PAL) to work on my Wii. I have the following:

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Freeloader
Homebrew Channel

What do I need to do to play Wii Sports Resort on my Wii? I don't know anything about cIOS's and other stuff, so please be as detailed as possible. I am a true noob on this subject.

Ok you need:
trash bin
NeoGamma loader
SD card
the RZTP.dol extracted from the .iso (is found at partition1/sys/mpls_movie/player.dol, just rename it to RZTP)
Will to read (
tongue.gif
)

take your freeloader thing and throw it at the trash bin (no need to own one of those things anymore), place the RZTP.dol in the NeoGamma folder of your SD card, load NeoGamma from HBC and enable the option "alt .dol", you will see a 3 min video showing you how to use and connect the WM+ hardware, after the video has finished it will send you back to the Main Menu of the Wii, now load NeoGamma again and this time dissable the "alt .dol" option, load the game and voilá...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(Ell2Cool @ Jul 26 2009, 05:43 AM)
ive installed cIOS38r13a but when i installed it i selected to install using 249. does it make a difference what you select and if so, why?

also, i still cant get onto the wii shop channel. i used the ultimate guide and followed everything except the NAND backup as i dont have a gamecube controller and a ps2 to GC adapter just reset the wii, but still it doesnt work.

the cIOS installer ask you wich IOS to use for the installer itselñf to work, if you select an IOS that has been trucha fixed, it wont be able to install the cIOS, so you either need to have a cIOS previously installed, or at least one IOS without the fix of the fakesigning bug, use a tool founded at wiibrew.org called "WiiSCU" it will update and install the latest WiiShop and the IOSes 60-61 (required to make the WiiShop work), and you don't need the GC controller to navigate thru BootMii menu, you can use the buttons on your Wii (Power, Reset and Eject) just read the README file that comes with the BootMii files...!!
wink.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Natazza said:
Thanks nabster92 for your helpful info, very much appreciated
yaypsp.gif
I haven't tried this yet but will keep you posted. My Wii isn't over a year old but if I can't install to Boot2 then I know I have read another not so good way to install it somewhere.

BTW, I found the info that 3.4E couldn't have Bootmii installed on it here on a thread but as I couldn't find much info on it being installed on 3.4E I took it as being correct
wacko.gif

Thank you very muchly again
yaypsp.gif

It doesn't matter wich FW you are on, the thing is that if you just bought the unit in the last 7/8 months, the Wii will probably come with FW3.4 and the boot1 fixed and that is why all the people have linked the fact that having FW3.4 means no BootMii as boot2, but you can always install it as an IOS...!!
wink2.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ether2802 said:
amasseburg said:
umm i have 3 questions

3.Read and post on WADer forums
tongue.gif
You need a base wad. You cant make a new wad yourself. http://Wadder.net has more info.

bakes said:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Install preloader, Use WUFE to extract the update partition of the game, install only the IOSes 38-53-55, enable in preloader the "Skip Disc Update" patch, and enjoy...!!
smile.gif

1) Run the game with the newest geckoOs, it will install all needed IOS
2)Install preloader to block disc updates
3)Play the game with the disc channel

QUOTE(KennethNL @ Jul 26 2009, 01:54 AM)

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Freeloader
Homebrew Channel

Ok you need:
trash bin
NeoGamma loader
SD card
the RZTP.dol extracted from the .iso (is found at partition1/sys/mpls_movie/player.dol, just rename it to RZTP)
Will to read (
tongue.gif
)
A cIOS can be handy too
wink.gif

take your freeloader thing and throw it at the trash bin (no need to own one of those things anymore), place the RZTP.dol in the NeoGamma folder of your SD card, load NeoGamma from HBC and enable the option "alt .dol", you will see a 3 min video showing you how to use and connect the WM+ hardware, after the video has finished it will send you back to the Main Menu of the Wii, now load NeoGamma again and this time dissable the "alt .dol" option, load the game and voilá...!!
smile.gif

Use a guide to install a cIOS if you don't have one

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ell2Cool said:

QUOTEthe cIOS installer ask you wich IOS to use for the installer itselñf to work, if you select an IOS that has been trucha fixed, it wont be able to install the cIOS, so you either need to have a cIOS previously installed, or at least one IOS without the fix of the fakesigning bug, use a tool founded at wiibrew.org called "WiiSCU" it will update and install the latest WiiShop and the IOSes 60-61 (required to make the WiiShop work), and you don't need the GC controller to navigate thru BootMii menu, you can use the buttons on your Wii (Power, Reset and Eject) just read the README file that comes with the BootMii files...!!
wink.gif

thanks for WiiSCU,

as for bootmii, i couldnt install as boot2, had to install as IOS and therefore the power and reset buttons dont work
frown.gif

EDIT: just tried using WiiSCU, i selected install/upgrade to latest shop channel and that successfully updated but it still doesnt work. when i hit the shop channel it just restarts back to the system menu. when i updated to 4.1 i didnt do any of that installing and patching IOS60 and leaving IOS61 then install a cIOS 60 wad that i did when i downgraded to 3.2 and heard that IOS61 is relevant to the shop channel. could that be why???

what would i have to to to remedy this?

EDIT 2: my photo channel also isnt working. is this all linked together???

dewisant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ nabster92 & ether2802, thanks for the info! I have updated to cios38_13a and Neogamma and even Wad Installer 1.4. Everything is tickedy boo!
smile.gif

dewi

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ell2Cool said:
thanks for WiiSCU,

as for bootmii, i couldnt install as boot2, had to install as IOS and therefore the power and reset buttons dont work
frown.gif

EDIT: just tried using WiiSCU, i selected install/upgrade to latest shop channel and that successfully updated but it still doesnt work. when i hit the shop channel it just restarts back to the system menu. when i updated to 4.1 i didnt do any of that installing and patching IOS60 and leaving IOS61 then install a cIOS 60 wad that i did when i downgraded to 3.2 and heard that IOS61 is relevant to the shop channel. could that be why???

what would i have to to to remedy this?

EDIT 2: my photo channel also isnt working. is this all linked together???

Whaaaaaat...??
wtf.gif
you need to install IOS61, but when I used WiiSCU it installed it directly without even asking (I think) did you update thru the Wii's settings..?? try downgrading to 3.4 (don't go lower or you might brick your Wii) and then using the Waninkoko's updater to see if that changes...!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O