Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
BlackEnigma said:
Since you are on 4.0 I'd go with the first one. I'm actually more familiar with that guide and even though I didn't use it to softmod my own Wii I certainly can vouch for it.

The purpose of that guide is to install cIOS, Backup Launcher, and the Homebrew Channel. If you already have the Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher you should do this instead http://yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=70

Edit: I forgot to say something. If you do further steps, notice where it talks about installing IOS60? Please don't ever uninstall the wad of IOS60. It is a death sentence for your Wii. Actually I'd take the wad off of the the SD card so no accidents happen.

Is the Backup Launcher for DVD-R's? Because I felt I should install USB Loader GX to save the worry of burning disks and all.

What does IOS60 do?

I never really wanted to install it in the first place anyways, lol!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
titiln said:
yeah, i suspected those files shouldn't conflict with modchips whatsoever, but it's just weird. i only did what that guide said (installed cios249 and downgraded a handful of ioses). i also installed rawksd, but i already asked and wiikey users can use it just fine (which is to be expected). i already uninstalled the cios and updated the ioses to the latest nintendo versions (which i was fine with), but the modchip is still not working.

maybe the modchip just stopped working by itself or got loose or something like that, but that'd be really weird timing. it read like 4 backups after i made the ios modifications, but then it just stopped. maybe it really is just a coincidence...

thanks for replying

Well......be scared when even a legit copy of a game can't run, try using the config disc of the ModChip to see if it helps in some way...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(raiderscrusade @ Jul 7 2009, 08:28 PM) Is the Backup Launcher for DVD-R's? Because I felt I should install USB Loader GX to save the worry of burning disks and all.

What does IOS60 do?

Yeah Backup Launcher where born for DVD's, although the USB Backup Launcher is a Backup Launcher too
tongue.gif
, IOS60 is the support of the entire SysMenu 4.0, and I think it is for HBC 1.0.3, but not sure if it is 60 or 61, and if you are on 4.0 and uninstall it, then you are going to have a FULL BRICK, wich can be reverted only with BootMii installed as boot2 and a NAND backup of your Wii...!!
smile.gif

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
raiderscrusade said:
Is the Backup Launcher for DVD-R's? Because I felt I should install USB Loader GX to save the worry of burning disks and all.

What does IOS60 do?

Yeah Backup Launcher where born for DVD's, although the USB Backup Launcher is a Backup Launcher too
tongue.gif
, IOS60 is the support of the entire SysMenu 4.0, and I think it is for HBC 1.0.3, but not sure if it is 60 or 61, and if you are on 4.0 and uninstall it, then you are going to have a FULL BRICK, wich can be reverted only with BootMii installed as boot2 and a NAND backup of your Wii...!!
smile.gif

So, is it recommended that I just install the backup launcher for it to just be there in case I ever need it?

And, do I need IOS60, or should I just leave it? Because in the guide here It says to install IOS60 as a further step.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you are ever planing into use DVD's for runing backups that can't be runed thru USB (like Call of Duty 3), then you need a Backup Launcher, the best is NeoGamma by WiiPower, and I am at FW 3.2 and I have installed IOSes 60-61 cause the WiiShop updater installed those, but you need to read well the guide cause (besides being terrible redacted and lack of a lot of explanation) it says:

Code:
[b]To enable playing wad installed games from the 4.0 SD menu:[/b]
- Install IOS60.wad using Wad Manager (from either HBC or the same way you booted it during guide)

instead of "wad", he wanted to mean "channels", but this only means that the IOS60.wad they are giving, is a patched one, that enables runing fakesigned channels thru the SD loading thingy on FW 4.0

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
if you are ever planing into use DVD's for runing backups that can't be runed thru USB (like Call of Duty 3), then you need a Backup Launcher, the best is NeoGamma by WiiPower, and I am at FW 3.2 and I have installed IOSes 60-61 cause the WiiShop updater installed those, but you need to read well the guide cause (besides being terrible redacted and lack of a lot of explanation) it says:

Code:
- Install IOS60.wad using Wad Manager (from either HBC or the same way you booted it during guide)

instead of "wad", he wanted to mean "channels", but this only means that the IOS60.wad they are giving, is a patched one, that enables runing fakesigned channels thru the SD loading thingy on FW 4.0

So I don't really need that unless I want to play games from channels?

I would probably be using USB Loader GX anyways..

Cpt-DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This question is a bit specific but here goes, does anyone that still uses gamma (with the 002 fix and IOS249) tried to play the pal version of the conduit on a PAL wii? If you did, did it work? I checked the backup launcher list on gbatemp but I ended up getting confused...
frown.gif

Thanks.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antispam246 said:
BlackEnigma said:
antispam246 said:
BlackEnigma said:
antispam246 said:
More questions, proceeding from all I've written above. What happens if I want to play someting online?
Can I still do this?
What if I need an online update for a gameto play online?
Can I simply get it or will this screw everything up, do I need to apply the update through homebrew channel?
What's the best way to go about this?

USB Loader GX 1.0 block game updates?
Does it block all game updates and system updates or is the latter blocked by disabling wiiconnect24?
Basically, will GX 1.0 block absolutely everything or could I still get pop-ups here and there asking me to update?
How do i update if I need to, for a game, not system, and whats the best way to go about it?

You can play online
You shouldn't have to update to play online
USB Loader GX does skip updates
It blocks all the updates
lol at popups
If you are on 4.0 you won't need to update for any game

I'm on 3.3E, will I encounter any problems regarding updates?

You shouldn't encounter problems. The Backup Loaders and USB Loaders skip updates. You don't need to update to play a game online. As long as you can get a game running you can access its online features.

A personal example that isn't exactly your situation but take from it what you may: I'm on 4.0. I recently bought The Conduit. I tried to play it from the disc channel and it wanted to update. I guess because it saw that one of my IOSes was not quite and the very latest version. I installed the game and loaded it through the USB Loader and I could play the game even though as far as it was concerned I was not fully updated. Thus it not absolutely a requirement to be updated as fully as possible to play many games.

Let me finish this by saying that even though you can play the majority of games, there are certain newer games that require IOSes that I know specifically are not part of the 3.3 firmware. Either you will have to update or you will have to install these IOSes manually with Wad Manager.

Thank you, you've been very helpful. Is it easier to update to 4.0 or easier to add the IOSes for the games that may need them?
When you add an IOS, can you just simply add as many as you need or do you have to overwrite?

I honestly prefer the upgrade route. I'm sure that there's plenty who think that 4.0 is the devil but I don't think so. Maybe you prefer to stay on 3.3.
When you add an IOS you don't have to overwrite because what you are adding isn't already there in the first place. There actually aren't that many IOSes that you have to add (38, 53, and 55)

And in case your curious you can see all the official IOS here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ether2802 said:
Well......be scared when even a legit copy of a game can't run, try using the config disc of the ModChip to see if it helps in some way...!!
smile.gif
all the legit copies work fine and i don't have the config disc LOL i guess i'll have to get it somehow

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks someone said I need to
You need to install a cIOS and use Wad Manager 1.4..!!

Install a cios what CIOS do I need to install and then use wad manager 1.4?

I am on system 4.0 I have hbc and wiikey 2 installed everything working

Just need to get wad manager going and I am good to go

Thanks

Kold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cpt-DS said:
This question is a bit specific but here goes, does anyone that still uses gamma (with the 002 fix and IOS249) tried to play the pal version of the conduit on a PAL wii? If you did, did it work? I checked the backup launcher list on gbatemp but I ended up getting confused...
frown.gif

Thanks.
well, just try to install neo gamma r6 and see if that fixes your problem! Não é difícil!

Jave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WiiKey upgraded to latest (1.9s?) firmware and have installed BootMii on boot/2.

I am wondering what causes the BootMii boot menu to show up, it seems sporadic.

Sometimes I hit reset and it shows up before the safety warning
Sometimes I power the unit on and it goes straight to the safety warning.

What makes that menu show up? I figure I should know in case I ever need it.
Is BootMii dependent on my SDCard? Lately I've started taking the SD card out at night since one day all my SD channels dissappeared.

flameo200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just got my Wii (Haven't even connected it online or gotten any updates)

All the guides I was reading said they weren't compatible with Wii's that had a serial with LU____. Mine has a LU3919721, making my research a little useless.

Can anyone point me towards some guides that help install the homebrew channel and a loader? Or just flat out help me, either would be much appreciated!

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jave said:
I have a WiiKey upgraded to latest (1.9s?) firmware and have installed BootMii on boot/2.

I am wondering what causes the BootMii boot menu to show up, it seems sporadic.

Sometimes I hit reset and it shows up before the safety warning
Sometimes I power the unit on and it goes straight to the safety warning.

What makes that menu show up? I figure I should know in case I ever need it.
Is BootMii dependent on my SDCard? Lately I've started taking the SD card out at night since one day all my SD channels dissappeared.

Yes, bootmii as boot2 will check to see if there are bootmii files on your sd card, if there are then it'll boot to them elsewise boot into system menu.

flameo200 said:
Ok, I just got my Wii (Haven't even connected it online or gotten any updates)

All the guides I was reading said they weren't compatible with Wii's that had a serial with LU____. Mine has a LU3919721, making my research a little useless.

Can anyone point me towards some guides that help install the homebrew channel and a loader? Or just flat out help me, either would be much appreciated!

All US wii's serial number's start with LU. LU64 wiis can brick if you downgrade them. I don't know much but the LU doesn't mean anything. Your wii should be fine, and probably even can install bootmii as boot2 on it.

QUOTE(hl23 @ Jul 8 2009, 11:36 AM)

Thanks

Any recent cIOS will work for Wad Manager. If you plan on using USB Backup Loading you will need atleast rev9.

You can download cIOS installer here: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios38-rev-13

As for my question, what is BC anyways?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
raiderscrusade said:
ether2802 said:

Code:

You are not in FW4.0, right..?? cause if you were, you've known what "playing channel from the SD menu" means, so no you don't need it at all

Cpt-DS said:
frown.gif

Thanks.

Well.....it says:

CODEPAL: Use NeoGamma, burn REALLY SLOW! INCLUDES GERMAN LANGUAGE OPTION!!! Sometimes takes a second to load walls/textures but very rare, burnt at 1x
Wich means that this fella' has a very crappy media/writter, if you too have crappy media/writter then burn slow, if not then burn as you have always burnt

QUOTE(hl23 @ Jul 8 2009, 11:36 AM)

Thanks

You need to follow THIS GUIDE to be able to install a cIOS in your Wii with FW4.0...!!
smile.gif

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
raiderscrusade said:
ether2802 said:

Code:

You are not in FW4.0, right..?? cause if you were, you've known what "playing channel from the SD menu" means, so no you don't need it at all

I just recently updated to FW4.0 about a week ago, actually. I just haven't had enough time to browse and explore the update.

So will I need that, as I do have FW4.0?

Cpt-DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kold said:
Cpt-DS said:
frown.gif

Thanks.
well, just try to install neo gamma r6 and see if that fixes your problem! Não é difícil!

I'd rather stay with the regular gamma for a bit longer, thats why I wanted to know if The Conduit works with gamma (002 fix), and from what I read from some other forums APPARENTLY it does work. I guess I'll just have to sacrifice a DVD and see how it rolls. Thanks anyway.
unsure.gif

kwerty00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, bought a Wii today (finally!)

and i'm trying to get that Bannerbomb thing on it, but i'm kinda stuck atm, details:

System Version: 3.4E
Serial: starts with LAH115 (if this means anything)

When i try installing i get to the HackMii Installer v0.2 screen and it gives me this:
The test results are in:
The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
DVDX: Can be installed
BootMii: Can only be used as an IOS
The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)

Soo, can i get homebrew channel on my wii to work. Want to play emulators and such XD
Or is there anything else i need to do? Please help~

Cheers

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kwerty00 said:
Hey guys, bought a Wii today (finally!)

and i'm trying to get that Bannerbomb thing on it, but i'm kinda stuck atm, details:

System Version: 3.4E
Serial: starts with LAH115 (if this means anything)

When i try installing i get to the HackMii Installer v0.2 screen and it gives me this:
The test results are in:
The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
DVDX: Can be installed
BootMii: Can only be used as an IOS
The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)

Soo, can i get homebrew channel on my wii to work. Want to play emulators and such XD
Or is there anything else i need to do? Please help~

Cheers
You should probably be fine. Your only problem is that you don't have any brick protection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good