Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

xllApocalypsellx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
xllApocalypsellx said:
Hey all, I have a 3.2U wii with a d2ckey chip and I had just found out about cIOSs and installed cIOS 38,53,and 55 so games that previously didn't work work now. I downloaded Little Kings Story however and I get a black screen and my Wiimote turns off. Soooo I'm guessing I need another cIOS but I was wondering if there is a way for me to find out what cIOSs a game needs to run?

Install the HBC (Homebrew Channel) with bannerbomb hack, then use an app called GeckOS1.9 to run the game, and it will tell you wich IOS you need (the "c" stand for custom, and they are just a few ones like 249-250-202-222, official ones are just IOS
wink.gif
) and it even asks you if you want to install it from the disc (if you haven't brickblocked it of course), and when you got the HBC installed also install Preloader and BootMii in your Wii, Preloader can add patches to the SysMenu to block the updates with having to patch the .iso's, BootMii is just for protection against bricks...!!
smile.gif

Thanks a lot man, this info really helped me out
yaynds.gif

benbjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
Last question for now. How can I run US VC games on my PAL console?

Well not all can be FREE'd but search for a tool called "freethewads.exe" and just drag&drop the .wad files in it before installing them, or install them and use the channel loader thing by Waninkoko to change the video output to PAL...!!
smile.gif

Thanks for your reply, however the channel loader 1.0 doesnt seem to work for me. I am installing the wad, launching channel loader from the SD card, selecting the VC game and BAM black screen and my Wii locks up. Am I doing something wrong? Haven't found freethewads yet, but will try that later.

Fritsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fritsie said:
I have a noob question:

I used bannerbomb to install HBC on my 4.0E wii. Then I used the ultimate system 4.0 guide (offline method) to downgrade to 3.2 and install all the wad's.
Then I used waninkoko's 4.0 updater and the IOS60 updater to get System menu 4.0 again.

When I try to play my Pikmin 2 for wii (PAL), it asks to update the firmware.

Why does this happen if I have 4.0E ?

Thx

What will happen if I do the update? Will I lose the ability to use backup launchers? Or will it brick my wii?

slazor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mikaelwase.com
XP
Country
slazor said:
I think i need some comments on this.

Main info:
PAL Wii
4.0E Nintendo version
cIOS38 rev13b

I bought One Piece Unlimited Cruise (PAL) a few days ago. The first thing I noticed when I tried to start the game was that i got a Error #002.

I decided to do everything from the beginning (get my wii to virgin 3.2E). The only thing I had left was cIOS38 rev13b and homebrew channel.
After that I upgraded my wii with the official Nintendo 4.0E. Then patched IOS60. Everything works just fine. I can install wad files just like before, and I have working USB loader. The game can now boot without error #002,(like it's should do), but i can not install preloader because it can't find the the fakesigning bug in IOS36.

The thing is that if i use the IOS Downgrader to get preloader working i get the error #002 on the game, and if i only install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad the same happens (preloader works but i get error #002 on the game)

I would like to have it working by using the disc AND have preloader.

Does that game contain a new error #002 or is there something fishy 'bout my system??

Anyone care to answer my question?

strangephish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you didn't need to downgrade your Wii. What you need is a loader that has the anti #002 fix enabled since you have cIOS38 rev13b.

As for Preloader, install the normal, not custom, ios36 from the wad manger.

Google this "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" if you don't already have it.

slazor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mikaelwase.com
XP
Country
strangephish said:
you didn't need to downgrade your Wii. What you need is a loader that has the anti #002 fix enabled since you have cIOS38 rev13b.

As for Preloader, install the normal, not custom, ios36 from the wad manger.

Google this "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" if you don't already have it.

I think you misunderstood me.

If i play the game through the USB loader i don't get the error but when i use the original bought game dvd through disc channel i get error #002 when i boot it (if i have a trucha bug enabled IOS36).
I just don't get it. Why do i get an error #002 in disc channel ONLY if i DON'T have the truchafixed IOS36 that comes with 4.0E?

phantomatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
What's the difference between Preloader and Bootmii.
I'm wanting to update to 4.0U. I have 3.2U at the moment...

Should i install things in this order?
1) Bootmii and HBC
2) System 4.0
3) Preloader (ultimate 4.0 guide says to, but not sure if it's necessary if i have bootmii)

All help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Well BootMii is loaded at the very begining of the entire Wii's OS, and it can't be deleted by "N" thru an update (if not true, at least is less probable), and preloader just loads before the SysMenu, Bootmii can create a backup of your NAND (all the data of your Wii) and initialize before any IOS or SysMenu, so in case of any brick, just restore and your Wii will come to life again (unless a physical damage is done
tongue.gif
), Preloader only can function if the SysMenu and IOS used by it, are not corrupted, Preloader can add patches (hacks) to your SysMenu but only can protect you from banner-bricks, bootmii can protect you from both: banner/full bricks, and yes the order is correct, but you need to do a NAND backup right after installing BootMii, ok..??
wink.gif

Alright. Thanks for the reply!. So I should install preloader anyhow? Or is it not necessary. I'm not so keen on installing a bunch of stuff if I dont really have to. Thank you so much!

phantomatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
renegade109 said:
How do you use codes with gecko os, I can get the menu screen to load but I don't know how to load the cheats.

From my experience, you just load up the Ocarina cheats (easily found on google) for the desired game. Basically put it onto your SD card and when you load the actual game, Gecko will search for the codes and will say that Cheats have been found. Load the cheats onto your SD, then put the SD into your wii then load the game as you normally would through gecko (=

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fritsie said:
I have a noob question:
I used bannerbomb to install HBC on my 4.0E wii. Then I used the ultimate system 4.0 guide (offline method) to downgrade to 3.2 and install all the wad's.
Then I used waninkoko's 4.0 updater and the IOS60 updater to get System menu 4.0 again.
When I try to play my Pikmin 2 for wii (PAL), it asks to update the firmware.
Why does this happen if I have 4.0E ?
What will happen if I do the update? Will I lose the ability to use backup launchers? Or will it brick my wii?

Nothing will happen to your cIOS/launchers, the game will only install newer versions of the official IOSes, you can install preloader and enable the "Skip Disc Updates" hack to avoid this situation..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
So, I've got cIOS 13b installed but now I wanna downgrade to 13(a) anybody here that can tell me how to do that?
Thanks

Install r13a, just run the installer .dol for cIOS38_r13, and you're good to go...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I think i need some comments on this.

Main info:
PAL Wii
4.0E Nintendo version
cIOS38 rev13b

I bought One Piece Unlimited Cruise (PAL) a few days ago. The first thing I noticed when I tried to start the game was that i got a Error #002.

I decided to do everything from the beginning (get my wii to virgin 3.2E). The only thing I had left was cIOS38 rev13b and homebrew channel.
After that I upgraded my wii with the official Nintendo 4.0E. Then patched IOS60. Everything works just fine. I can install wad files just like before, and I have working USB loader. The game can now boot without error #002,(like it's should do), but i can not install preloader because it can't find the the fakesigning bug in IOS36.

The thing is that if i use the IOS Downgrader to get preloader working i get the error #002 on the game, and if i only install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad the same happens (preloader works but i get error #002 on the game)

I would like to have it working by using the disc AND have preloader.

Does that game contain a new error #002 or is there something fishy 'bout my system??

I think the game recognizes that for the SysMenu you have, the IOS36 doesn't match, does the game uses that IOS to run off..??
huh.gif

Alright. Thanks for the reply!. So I should install preloader anyhow? Or is it not necessary. I'm not so keen on installing a bunch of stuff if I dont really have to. Thank you so much!

Only if you want to block updates and run retail games on your Disc Channel, instead of having to use a launcher...!!
smile.gif

slazor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mikaelwase.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I think the game recognizes that for the SysMenu you have, the IOS36 doesn't match, does the game uses that IOS to run off..??
huh.gif

Well as it seams like that is the only IOS i can't downgrade without getting the #002 error. But it still makes me wonder.
I have softmodded my brothers wii and that wii can run the game fine on 4.0E and preloader and i think he have cIOS38 rev13b. Just feels strange.

Maybe i should see what IOS'es his wii contains and compare them to mine?!

!!UPDATE!!

I successfully changed the 4.0E IOS36 and the game ran without #002. But after the install of preloader i got #002 again. I figured it was something in the hacks for preloader.

What i found was that IOS Reload was "enabled".

That concludes my posting here.
tongue.gif

Punk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
Im a noob here(obviously)
but i have a problem.
I was using softmii tweak to install new themes.
I installed like 2 with no problems.
But one theme was bad i guess. and now when i turn on my wii its just a black screen.
I can hear the disk spinning. but nothing eles.
i have v.4.0U
(using softmii downgrader)
and when i do that thing were u hold down all 4 directional pads all that comes up is 4.0 usa
i dont have a dumper, preloader, or boot mii
plz helppp

(punk9)

Chopders

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Big problem here.

I want to update my Wii to be able to play news games.

I read that I need the Homebrew channel and I don't want to install all the twilight hacks. So I downloaded the all-in-one HackMii Installer. And what I'm supposed to do now? Put all the files on a DVD?

Thanks.

PS: I'm using a 3.2U Wii.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for my noobness, but I do have a couple questions. I followed the ultimate system 4.0 guide to bring my friends wii up from 3.2u to 4.0u Everything worked fine, then I tried to isntall cios222 using the installer and it failed every time. I also tried to install cios38 rev13a which that worked fine, but why couldn't I get cios222 to install. I'm think I missed something between following that guide and trying to install cios222.

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick Question: I downloaded a save file for a wii game. Its .bin how do i install it ? Thank youu

Edit: i figured it out through youtube vids~ ^^

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi im new here
anyway i hacked my wii yesterday using bannerbomb. homebrew works fine.but the problem is installing bootmii/hackmii. my friend is like super smart and knows how to do all that but he doesnt know how to fix so he just said ask here.
anyway he wants me to install bootmii as boot2 so if i get bricked i can fix it straight away(i think this is like an expert question) and i can only install bootmii as an IOS which wont let me fix bricked wiis. and he said ask gbatemp and folllow their instructions. he also said if any1 tells me to install preloader tell them no it will brick it thats what my friend did and he also said something about getting an older version of bootmii. can anybody help. if u want more info just ask

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone

sAME QUESTION
fROM EARLIER

i DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO WORK TO GET BACK TO IT
Due to work and then getting sent overseas for work

Thanks for all the help

Wii with 3.4

I had done the twilight hack

Wiikey installed

I did the HBC upgraded and we all know that sucked
and it installed boot mii

How do I step by step pull back to an earlier version of the homebrew channel.
Do I put something on my card and run it then delete the current HBC channel

From there I need to run the CIOS upgrades so I can play the newer games

like super punchout
Golds cardio
Smash blox etc

Thank

How can I back out the homebrew channel version currently installed
I have bootmii working on my wii
can I put a version on my sd of the homebrew then install using BOOTMII?

Then I need all the new cios

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol