1. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    You would get more hacks on the wii, like backup loading (from Disc channel), gamecube BL, ...
    Read the Guide I linked to the first poster

2. camaro

camaro Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey..

I used the general idea from the Wii Softmod (All) Lite_public thread (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164245).

Running 3.1e, I installed HBC using the Banner Bomb, installed BootMii and then installed cIOS38_rev13b-Installer.dol and Preloader. Now what? Am I done? The guide says

"1.- CIOS60BF.WAD (don't install if you don't have #2)
    2.- SystemMenuv4xx.wad (you must of download it)
    3.- USBLOADER1.5.wad
    4.- (Optional) Wiish_Eng.wad (This is to load backups not from disc channel)"

but this means updating my system menu, which I didn't think I had to do? What do I do from here to get Gamma Launcher running my backups? I am totally overwhelmed by the thousands of combination of advices and programs out there, and my wife is starting to yell at me for taking 4 hours to do this. Any ideas or links would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

3. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    You have everything you need for gamma
    You just need to install a channel of it (like step 4 says, the first 3 steps are not needed)

You can also search for neogamma and install a channel of that (its an improved version of gamma)

4. IOwnAndPwnU

IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Thanks, but does SoftMii have any important features? Like, I'm not going to install it just for no health screen.

5. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    It includes:

HBC 1.0.3
    Bootmii
    DVDx
    cIOSCorp (disc channel backup loading)
    Neogamma (backups)
    Wii Shop access
    Preloader
    GC backup launching
    cSM (custom health screen and system menu)

6. sKeEt

sKeEt GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a softmodded wii at system menu 3.2u. How can I get the shop channel to work again so I can update the wii speak channel

7. wobbler

wobbler Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi All,

So I used this guide;

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163732

I got up to this bit;

Start HBC (or should be already started).
    Press the home button and pick "Reload".
    Start cBoot2 Installer it will run and then exit.
    Press the home button (while in HBC).
    Start BootMii and it will start cBoot2, which will start WAD Manager).
    Install cIOS249_rev9.wad.
    Press the home button twice after installing.

The thing is, when I installed cBoot2 it said that it installed successfully however there is no option to start BootMii from the home button menu in HBC.

What do I need to do to continue soft modding my Wii? I have a LU5 so its an old wii but its on 4.0.

When I run the WAD Manager directly it asks me to select and IOS but there is like a dozen or so to choose from.

Any help would really be appreciated.

thanks!!

8. chael

chael Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Question for anyone who has experience with LU64 wii's..

I have a LU64, 4.0, softmodded with LU64 fix and running backups from the usb loader included with neogamma.

Question 1: Anyone know if rock band 2 instruments will work on backups (currently using the built in USB loader to play backups)? there are some guides for getting instruments to work by altering IOS etc, but not sure if they apply to LU64/4.0 systems and/or are safe to follow

Question 2: so at this point, I have homebrew channel and neogamma up and running... I am interested in running gamecube backups and emulators, and there are numerous guides for these, but just wanted to get some feedback on if its safe to follow these guides for my LU64/4.0 system, or do i risk bricking my wii?

Thanks for any help.

9. wimu

wimu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Peru
    hello im a uncle who wants his niece plays with backup games but im really afraid i brick her wii i managed to install the homebrew channel with bannerbomb and hackmii installer beta 2 ,was a "virgin" wii in 3.3u with nothing . i couldn't install the bootmii as a boot2 so could u tell me where is a guide totally safe to install the next i need cuz i read about installing cios and other stuffs but this wii is ntsc so i download the wrong archive it would brick it without a backup copy of its nad [​IMG] .thanks for ur help [​IMG]

10. IOwnAndPwnU

IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Already got HBC. Don't need BootMii (although I'll install it if HBC lets me) because I don't really use HBC. DVDx ehh...cIOSCORP is unnecessary for me since I got a modded Wii. Same thing with Neogamma. Wii Shop Access is pointless ... modded Wii. And there are maybe 3 free channels which suck. Got Preloader. Don't have GC controller anymore. cSM is not important.
    So pretty much SoftMii is just an extra thing?

11. blinky98

blinky98 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried searching for this but I really couldn't find it anywhere. My friend wants me to help softmod his wii and I'm not sure which version he has, such as LU64. Is there an easy way to check what version your wii is? Thanks in advance for any help.

12. omniHOAX

omniHOAX Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hey everyone!

Here goes my n00b question, couldnt find anything that describes my problem on google...

My Wii is 3.2E (downgraded from 3.4U, used the cIOS and IOS downgraders package),
    Installed the cIOS36_?? through SD card (dont know the version right now, at work atm)
    and Im using the WAD installer v1.3.

Problem:

Whenever I try to install a .wad (tried multiple) the WAD manager first sees the SD card, can read the WADs and is fine with selecting one. However, during installation the Wii simply freezes. For example with World of Goo: it installs content #09 fast, #10 as well and just freezes on #11. Then I tried TV King party (or something like that) and it freezes at #13. I tried searching practically all of the internets for some answers, but no one seems to experience the same kind of problem (or i just suck at searching). Theres no error code on screen or anything, it just doesnt respond anymore (I waited 30 minutes, so I think I gave it enough time). Pushing the reset button doesnt help, I have to power off and power on again to get it going.

Anyone got an idea?

13. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Strange. You might try another cIOS (like r9). Or try WM 1.4
    It can also read from a usb stick, so maybe that works...
    Just some ideas

14. omniHOAX

omniHOAX Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Will post back to you about this tonight TJ, thanks for the tip in advance/

15. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Geen probleem [​IMG]

No problem [​IMG]

16. Nathan-NL

Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Can you try to install a WAD with the special WAD Manager IOS 16 version?

Kun je proberen een WAD te installeren doormiddel van de speciale WAD Manager IOS 16 versie?

P.S. I love your signature [​IMG]

Ik vind je onderschrift geweldig [​IMG]

17. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    That has the same effect as using Wad Manager 1.4 and selecting IOS16

Dat heeft hetzelfde resultaat als WM 1.4 gebruiken en IOS16 kiezen

18. omniHOAX

omniHOAX Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I installed all of my WADs with WM 1.3 (backup loader, USB loader and some more), it just doesnt seem to work on game WADs. So logically it should not discriminate between the type of WAD, right? Anyhoe, I will try this tonight, was just a thought about it [​IMG]

And yes, it is a nice siggy, isnt it? [​IMG]

19. chaospker98

chaospker98 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    My Wii is 4.0U.
    I have BootMii installed as Boot2.
    I installed a WAD called 'NeoGamma R5.wad'
    The first 5 digits of my Wii are LU504.
    From what I searched I think it might be BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH.

Problem:
    When I try to go to my Wii menu when I turn on my Wii, I get the 'Press A' screen. I press 'A' and get a black screen.
    When I go to the Homebrew channel (VIA BootMii) it automatically opens up NeoGamma R5.
    If I try to exit NeoGamma I get a black screen.

How do I fix it? I would like my Wii back. Thanks

20. wobbler

wobbler Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Chaospker98 I have a LU504 and im trying to softmod it too. How did you install bootmii as boot2? What type of IOS did you select when you installed the WAD?

Did you use wadmanager 1.4?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,