Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

buggu79

Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to get homebrew channel using zelda hack and have firmware 3.1

Do i need to just install IOS38 rev13b cios to use Backup Launcher V3 (to play burnt disk) & usb loader gx ?

(I dont really wana install anything extra if i can avoid it , just wana get games playing)'

I presume i can get away with not installing preloader or do you guys recommend i should install it to avoid bricking the wii ?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
buggu79 said:

Do i need to just install IOS38 rev13b cios to use Backup Launcher V3 (to play burnt disk) & usb loader gx ?

(I don't really wana install anything extra if i can avoid it , just wana get games playing)'

I presume i can get away with not installing preloader or do you guys recommend i should install it to avoid bricking the wii ?
Install any cIOS36/38. You need r9 or higher for usb loaders
preloader can help for brick protection, but if you're going to use BL and USBL then its not really needed

QUOTE(anaxs @ Jun 20 2009, 08:26 PM) i have an old wii thats lu38***** and i just got one as a gift that is lu53

so can i install bootmii on my new one
ive been hearing that u cant and i want to make sure
run the installer and it will tell if its possible or not

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
wuher69 said:
wuher69 said:
I recently bought a used wii, it is 3.4U and I would like to drop it to 3.2U. What is the safest way to do so? Is it as simple as using AnyRegionChanger? I already have HBC up and running

Anyone? Any links?
you can use this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 but it doesn't contain the needed files so google them
you can skip the preparation and step 3
If you want brick protection, get preloader or bootmii
you can install any cIOS after you're done
instead of having a custom wad manager, use Wad manager 1.4 and choose IOS16

Thanks TJ. I actually found that late last night and sent a PM to the author asking for the files. I am not sure I want to trust wads I find on google through sites like megaupload, would rather just play it safe. Yes my intention is to install preloader. I already have bootmii, but only as a IOS which is why I wanted to downgrade and install preloader. If I downgrade will that make it so I can install bootmii as a boot2?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wuher69 said:
Thanks TJ. I actually found that late last night and sent a PM to the author asking for the files. I am not sure I want to trust wads I find on google through sites like megaupload, would rather just play it safe. Yes my intention is to install preloader. I already have bootmii, but only as a IOS which is why I wanted to downgrade and install preloader. If I downgrade will that make it so I can install bootmii as a boot2?
If you can't install it now, theres a very small chance it will work on 3.2
frown.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
buggu79 said:

(I don't really wana install anything extra if i can avoid it , just wana get games playing)'

preloader can help for brick protection, but if you're going to use BL and USBL then its not really needed

QUOTE(anaxs @ Jun 20 2009, 08:26 PM) i have an old wii thats lu38***** and i just got one as a gift that is lu53

thanks much

now would it be better to install bootmii as boot 2 or ios

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
anaxs said:
tj_cool said:
anaxs said:
i have an old wii thats lu38***** and i just got one as a gift that is lu53

thanks much

if possible install as boot2
if not, as IOS

urobolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys, please excuse my laziness but I haven't turned on my Wii for like 6 months and I think that it's time to catch up with the scene and there are so many threads that I don't know from where to start.

I'm on 3.2E with all I needed like HBC, Anyregionchanger, Starfall, Gamma loader, Gecko etc.

If I upgrade to 4.0E as I can see I won't lose anything and I will be able to install wads as long as I have wanikoko's ios installed (right?).
Besides that I hope that Anyregionchanger still works if I ever need it. As I see Starfall doesn't work but PreLoader is like an improved version of Starfall.
So, by upgrading to 4.0 will I still be able to boot directly imported games and vc/wiiware games of every region?
If this is the case I'm going for fw4.00 asap, I really need the option of running games via an SD card... I hope that I won't lose anything if I go from 3.2 to 4.0.
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
urobolus said:
Hey guys, please excuse my laziness but I haven't turned on my Wii for like 6 months and I think that it's time to catch up with the scene and there are so many threads that I don't know from where to start.

I'm on 3.2E with all I needed like HBC, Anyregionchanger, Starfall, Gamma loader, Gecko etc.

If I upgrade to 4.0E as I can see I won't lose anything and I will be able to install wads as long as I have wanikoko's ios installed (right?).
Besides that I hope that Anyregionchanger still works if I ever need it. As I see Starfall doesn't work but PreLoader is like an improved version of Starfall.
So, by upgrading to 4.0 will I still be able to boot directly imported games and vc/wiiware games of every region?
If this is the case I'm going for fw4.00 asap, I really need the option of running games via an SD card... I hope that I won't lose anything if I go from 3.2 to 4.0.
Thanks in advance
smile.gif
this is what you need: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835
you can also install bootmii and do a nand backup first for if something goes wrong (which shouldn't)

mattatat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, If I buy a Wii with the serial no. starting with LU53 will I be able to install all the normal stuff including Preloader and Bootmii? I know how to enable homebrew and what-not, I just want to know if everything will work/install properly.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

urobolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the reply tj_cool.
I can't say that I followed these instructions, but eventually I managed to install fw4.0 successfully and I didn't lose any of the advantages that I had back in 3.2
IOS60+Firmware updater 4.0+Preloader got the job done for me.

Now all that's left is buying an external HDD and then I guess that I ll be able to say that I have caught up with the scene
smile.gif

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try asking more basically

- If I play a Region Free wiiware game that was originally PAL on my NTSC Wii, does that mean it won't have Progressive Scan?

- If I play a PAL game on my NTSC Wii with a loader, does that also mean it won't have progressive scan?

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggh!

did anyone NOT READ my post 2 pages AND 4 pages AGO???

=( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =(

i cant get the darn BOOM BLOX 2 TO WORK on an ntsc 4.0 wii and ive burned 2 cds and both not working...help me out here, im desperately asking here for some good help to get my boom blox 2 working

rom_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiimanizer said:
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggh!

did anyone NOT READ my post 2 pages AND 4 pages AGO???

=( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =(

i cant get the darn BOOM BLOX 2 TO WORK on an ntsc 4.0 wii and ive burned 2 cds and both not working...help me out here, im desperately asking here for some good help to get my boom blox 2 working

Is this a proper backup of the official game?
Ive never tried the game so can't help much

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
anaxs said:
tj_cool said:
buggu79 said:

thanks much

thanks alot

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope I'm not missing anything obvious, but are there any guides on how to make cheats for Wii yourself? (I've used Cheat Engine for PC and CWCheat for PSP before, so I know the basic stuff.) I've read there's this thing called USB Gecko -- does this mean one won't be able to do much without any additional hardware?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yonseib0i said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl694i-5cOM

Hey, could someone help me with this? I posted a video of what happened after I downgraded from 3.3 to 3.2.

I've asked everywhere, searched about 4 forums. Can anyone help me!? I'll even take "You're screwed" for an asnwer'
It happens with my wii if the video cable (one of the three cables you have at the front of the tv) is inserted wrong (or not good enough) in the tv
Sometimes I hit it very softly but it comes out of the contact a bit and it screws up the video output

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock