Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

admiralsfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, just wondering but is there a way to get bootmii to not start when it boots? I mean with the name bootmii i'm assuming you cant change that

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
admiralsfan said:
hey guys, just wondering but is there a way to get bootmii to not start when it boots? I mean with the name bootmii i'm assuming you cant change that

Rename the folder bootmii on your SD for anything else, Eg. I renamed the folder to "botmii1"...!! !!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
coolerweb said:
Hey guys,

Just a few quick Qs if any of you don't mind answering

I have 4.0E, installed cIOS rev10, HBC 1.0.4 and backup launcher 0.3 gamma PAL

1. How do I play FFIV wiiware?
2. How do I install 002fix?

...!!
smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

1.There is a thread about it, and I guess you lack of an IOS
2.If you check on my threads you'll find a Gamma Loader with the 002fix, althought cIOS_r10 should have this fix already.

QUOTE said:
I just need another program than Trucha Signer, where i can manually change the Iso. Trucha Signer does not work with the games I listed, but for older games it works fine. Don´t know where the problem is

WiiScrubber 1.4 can open the newer .iso files, and remember that some games do not contain the PAL video output...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hi guys,
I'm looking for some guidance. I have a jap wii with d2ckey. A few months ago, I had to downgrade my wii from 3.3J to 3.2J by installing some.... stuff...of which I can't really remember.

After being away from the scene for a while, I've found out that the latest version to play some new games is 4.0. Is there a step by step idiot proof guide to do this? (or is there an alternative to upgrading the firmware?) I recall seeing one to go from 3.3J to 3.2J. =S

Btw, to go from 3.3J to 3.2J I had to install the homebrew channel so I've already got that on my wii.

Thanks for any help at all!... Please don't shoot me for being clueless!

Install the cIOS with the cIOS36_r10 installer and then use Firmware Updater 4.0, but you don't need to update to 4.0, you only need to install IOSes 38-53-55 you can find those inside need for speed:undercover, punch out, EA active sports, Ohgon no Kizuna, etc etc etc...!!
smile.gif

Okay, I'm on a 3.2U Wii and I'm having a problem installing a WAD.
I get a -2011 error using Wadmanager 1.4 through HBC and I don't know how to fix it...
Some google searching pointed out this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735
But it doesn't seem tow ork.

Any help would be appreciated

Do you have cIOS installed..??? and sometimes formating the SD card can fix that kind of errors, or the .wad file can be corrupted, or it get corrupted in the transfer..!!
smile.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally took the step into hacking, but after reading numerous tutorials on how to do it, to make sure I do it right, I'm completely lost due to excessive information or something.

What I have:
- EU-wii with Wiikey
- Firmware 3.1 (never been upgraded)
- Homebrew channel with the use of Bannerbomb

What I want:
- Acces to the shopping channel
- Getting rid of #002 since I get black screens with all the newer games such as Madworld and Punch-Out
- Possibly some sort of backup launcher which would work better than my modchip, so that if the games won't run using the normal method, I have a back-up loader
- Be able to still use my freeloader

From what I could gather Wii CIOS REV 13B should solve all my problems (tell me if I'm incorrect), so I downloaded it, but there was only a .dol in there. Should I rename that to boot.dol and put it in it's own map in the apps folder and then run it? On the youtube tutorial it looked all fancy with a Sonic logo, but when I put it on there it just shows the name I gave it with no author listed or whatsoever. Where am I going wrong? Do I need to take steps before I can actually install that? Something like WAD manager/installer etc?

And then there was something about cIos 249, but I can't seem to find any good information on that.
I know I'm a noob and all, but please help me. This is driving me nuts!
Any help is VERY much appreciated.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
beefyd said:
I deleted the HBC and tried to reinstall. It gave me the "Success" but froze when trying to go back to the Wii menu. Unplug, HBC is in the menu, but black screen and freezes when I try to start it. Damn, I should've installed Bootmii as boot2 and did a NAND backup, because I don't know how I'm going to get HBC back up and running. Is there any joy to updating through Nintendo to 4.0 and trying the new 4.0 hacks?

Re-install the older HBC1.0.1, then run WiiSCUv2, and then install the latest HBC, there is nothing good at 4.0 except for the SD launching thingy, and you can install bootmii even if you don't have HBC...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
HI all:
A quick question.
I have a wii with firmware 3.2U and the HBC installed and a D2CKey. I tried to play punch out wii and it asked me to update. I Have read that I have to install some ios to be able to run it with updating and loosing the capability to run homebrew.
I plan to install first bootmii and do a back up of my NAND. Then I will install IOS 38, 53 and 55 (in that order).
Then I will install cIOS_rev10.
Finalle I will install the patched IOS60 and then do the Nintendo update using the internet.
Is this correct? Or should I install this cIOS (cIOS38_rev13b) instead of the other one?
Thanks for your help.
P.

Install the cIOS_r10, install the IOSes, and do not update to 4.0, unless you really really really really want that SD launching thingy, if yo update you wont loose the homebrew capability, you just require a lot more tools and time to do what you want to do, do the backup after installing everything...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I need help as I am going to buy a new Wii soon and the guides are quite hard to follow. Anyone willing to help a newbie out? I am planning to buy a PAL/UK Wii and I was wondering will it be able to play NTSC/other regions games, and do I need anything special? Will a modchip be needed (which one to choose)?

At the moment from what I've read, we need to softmod the wii using bananabomb method (do you need any original disc to do it?) and then install cIOS (not quite sure what this it, but i think v9/v10 is the current stable release)? After that we'll need to install a USB Loader (preferablly GX) and then we can play all the games downloaded online? Will this machine be able to play backup dvds without a modchip?

Anything I should know before I start modding so that I wont break my system?

Thanks.
Well you need to install the HBC with the BANNERBOMB hack, no need of any disc at all, for playing DVD backups you can install a ModChip (any will do what you want) and if you don't install the ModChip then you need to install the SoftMii package, the cIOS_r10 is the best do far, you need the installer to get that one in your system, the Gamma Launcher (for DVD's) and the USB Loader both have region free settings, but not all the games have both video signals...!!
smile.gif

ok, had to post this here since it's kind of a dumb question...
but is it possible to use bootmii whit the wiimote?

nope, not just yet..!!
smile.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
I responded in your topic if you care to look there

I did, thank you so much, that cleared up a whole lot already!

So just to make sure I'm doing it properly, here are a few more questions, if you (or anyone else) don't mind answering.

1. In the .zip file there's a changelog, readme and cIOS38_rev13b-Installer.dol
Now all I need to do, is make a map in APPS and put the .dol in there, rename it to boot.dol
Then find IOS38-64-v3610.wad somewhere on the internet and put that in the root of my SD card. Is this correct?
2. It says IOS38, but I believe I don't have IOS38 on my Wii already, since mine is kinda outdated. Does this pose a problem?
3. I've seen GeckoOS, Gamma and Backup Launcher now. Is GeckoOS the best option for me? And can I have multiple lauchers on my wii?
4. In the youtube video I saw, Backup Launcher seemed to come with the rev13b package. Is this true? Or was it probably on the guy's SD card already and just showed it as an example?

Thanks again!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
benbjo said:
Hi all. Kinda lost in the world of Wii hacking/modding now.

I think my Wii is on 3.2E. I have a an old wiikey. Cant remember the firmware on this either, but the last thing I played was Super Mario Galaxy I think when it first came out.

Now I am interested in playing new backups, Virtual Console and WiiWare games. What steps do I have to do to be able to do this? Links to all the guides I need would be appreciated!

Well install the cIOS36_r10, and then use Wad Manager to install all the WW/VC games you want, and to play newer games install the IOSes 38-53-55, also get bootmii and preloader v0.29..!!
smile.gif

Ramooth

I finally took the step into hacking, but after reading numerous tutorials on how to do it, to make sure I do it right, I'm completely lost due to excessive information or something.

What I have:
- EU-wii with Wiikey
- Firmware 3.1 (never been upgraded)
- Homebrew channel with the use of Bannerbomb

What I want:
- Acces to the shopping channel

Use WiiSCUv2 to install the latest WiiShop Channel and the IOSes 60-61

- Getting rid of #002 since I get black screens with all the newer games such as Madworld and Punch-Out
Install the IOSes 38-53-55

- Possibly some sort of backup launcher which would work better than my modchip, so that if the games won't run using the normal method, I have a back-up loader
Then get one and put it in your SD

- Be able to still use my freeloader
Are you kidding me, freeloader is sooooooo old, no even I know what da' f*** that thing is
laugh.gif
use the SoftMii package to gain region free from the disc channel without having use any tool at all for launching games

From what I could gather Wii CIOS REV 13B should solve all my problems (tell me if I'm incorrect)
no it wont, unless you use all your games thru Gamma Loader, and get the r10 it is better for now

so I downloaded it, but there was only a .dol in there. Should I rename that to boot.dol
Yes

and put it in it's own map in the apps folder and then run it?
Yes

On the youtube tutorial it looked all fancy with a Sonic logo, but when I put it on there it just shows the name I gave it with no author listed or whatsoever. Where am I going wrong?
The info displayed on the HBC with the author name and that stuff, needs to be on a file named "meta.xml" inside the same folder, and the logo is a file called "icon.png" inside the same folder too, I can see clearly you haven't read at all about this stuff, please read read read at wiibrew.org everything about this stuff before you use it, or......you know

Do I need to take steps before I can actually install that? Something like WAD manager/installer etc?
No, actually installing the cIOS will give you te power to run Wad Manager even on a fixed FW (like 3.4 and 4.0)

And then there was something about cIos 249, but I can't seem to find any good information on that.
the cIOS36_r10 install a copy of the official IOS36 in the slot IOS249 with all the patches needed for launching backups form DVD's and USB devices

I know I'm a noob and all, but please help me. This is driving me nuts!
Any help is VERY much appreciated.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rammoth said:
FenrirWolf said:
I responded in your topic if you care to look there

I did, thank you so much, that cleared up a whole lot already!

So just to make sure I'm doing it properly, here are a few more questions, if you (or anyone else) don't mind answering.

1. In the .zip file there's a changelog, readme and cIOS38_rev13b-Installer.dol
Now all I need to do, is make a map in APPS and put the .dol in there, rename it to boot.dol
Then find IOS38-64-v3610.wad somewhere on the internet and put that in the root of my SD card. Is this correct?
2. It says IOS38, but I believe I don't have IOS38 on my Wii already, since mine is kinda outdated. Does this pose a problem?
3. I've seen GeckoOS, Gamma and Backup Launcher now. Is GeckoOS the best option for me? And can I have multiple lauchers on my wii?
4. In the youtube video I saw, Backup Launcher seemed to come with the rev13b package. Is this true? Or was it probably on the guy's SD card already and just showed it as an example?

Thanks again!

1.Yes
2.no, unless you launch legit copies of newer games and don't want to update
3.You can have several launchers on you Wii or SD, GeckOS is only for those who use A)a ModChip B)Legit out of region copies
4.Don't know what video you are talking about, so....no idea of what you are asking here

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Are you kidding me, freeloader is sooooooo old, no even I know what da' f*** that thing is
laugh.gif
use the SoftMii package to gain region free from the disc channel without having use any tool at all for launching games
lol, but I use it to keep firmware updates away, since I never bothered to use brickblocker as it made some games unplayable

QUOTE(ether2802 @ Jun 4 2009, 05:21 AM) On the youtube tutorial it looked all fancy with a Sonic logo, but when I put it on there it just shows the name I gave it with no author listed or whatsoever. Where am I going wrong?
The info displayed on the HBC with the author name and that stuff, needs to be on a file named "meta.xml" inside the same folder, and the logo is a file called "icon.png" inside the same folder too, I can see clearly you haven't read at all about this stuff, please read read read at wiibrew.org everything about this stuff before you use it, or......you know
Just to clear that up. I did know what causes the banner. I just found it strange that it wasn't included in my package and thought I might have downloaded the wrong thing.

Anyway, thank you for your thorough answer, though it's quite different from the answer of FenrirWolf and all those different methods caused me to black out in the first place
tongue.gif
But I'll go with your method, since I'm still kinda scared of upgrading to 4.0
However, I'll have to go for rev13b, since I have the Rock Band instruments and do want to be able to keep playing that game (since rev10 doesn't support USB). Thanks again!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rammoth said:
ether2802 said:
laugh.gif
lol, but I use it to keep firmware updates away, since I never bothered to use brickblocker as it made some games unplayable

ether2802 said:
On the youtube tutorial it looked all fancy with a Sonic logo, but when I put it on there it just shows the name I gave it with no author listed or whatsoever. Where am I going wrong?
Just to clear that up. I did know what causes the banner. I just found it strange that it wasn't included in my package and thought I might have downloaded the wrong thing.
Well you can only know if the app is the right one when you load it, and only then, some people don't include meta.xml and/or icon.png (I am one of those
tongue.gif
)

QUOTE(Rammoth @ Jun 3 2009, 10:32 PM)
Anyway, thank you for your thorough answer, though it's quite different from the answer of FenrirWolf and all those different methods caused me to black out in the first place
tongue.gif
However, I'll have to go for rev13b, since I have the Rock Band instruments and do want to be able to keep playing that game (since rev10 doesn't support USB). Thanks again!

Are you going to play the RockBand thru the USB loader or what..?? cause that is the only advantage of the r13b, if you use a disc (legit or backup) even r7 would work, the r13b is only if you are going to play RockBand with the USB instruments on the USB Loader, period...!!
smile.gif

HexaUK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, quick question for you.

I'm trying to install a VC wad on 4.0 (updated from whatever the highest version of 3.x was to 4.0 using waninkoko's updater).
I'm using wadmanager 1.4 and the wad installs ok but it only shows up in my Wii saves and not as anything that I can launch...

I'm trying to install FF VI and I'm guessing this is going to involve some kind of downgrade... I already have preloader, bootmii (w/ nand backup) if needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

benbjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ether2802 said:
benbjo said:
Hi all. Kinda lost in the world of Wii hacking/modding now.

I think my Wii is on 3.2E. I have a an old wiikey. Cant remember the firmware on this either, but the last thing I played was Super Mario Galaxy I think when it first came out.

Now I am interested in playing new backups, Virtual Console and WiiWare games. What steps do I have to do to be able to do this? Links to all the guides I need would be appreciated!

Well install the cIOS36_r10, and then use Wad Manager to install all the WW/VC games you want, and to play newer games install the IOSes 38-53-55, also get bootmii and preloader v0.29..!!
smile.gif

Thanks a bunch! However, wont I need something to play games from other regions? What about brickblocking the games/stopping update? I read something about starfall. Do I need this too?

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a virgin Wii 4.0E. I did install the Homebrew Channel with bannerbomb. How do I get it to be able to do wad installations and backup loading from here on? I think virgin 4.0E cannot install wads without cIOS or something like that.

Linh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Linh said:
tj_cool said:
Linh said:
*sigh* Is it just me, or am I just too stupid for that ._. I got a problem: I wanna play NTSC games on a PAL Wii, but i only can play those games in black and white. I tried Trucha Signer, but i noticed that it can´t read new Wii Isos. I tried for example Oboro Muramasa and Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes, but it always lets Trucha Signer closed.

I need help ._. Maybe there is another program for that, but i can´t find it T_T
Use the backup launcher to force the region of your wii

Doesn´t work ._. If i do Force Pal 60 and start the game, the screen becomes green >.< I tested everything with Backup Loader and Gecko, but yeah i keep failing with the colours T_T

I just need another program than Trucha Signer, where i can manually change the Iso. Trucha Signer does not work with the games I listed, but for older games it works fine. Don´t know where the problem is
frown.gif

Hmm, yeah i knew it...I used WiiScrubber, but the only thing which confuses me is that there isn´t anything such as Trucha Sign in. But the program allows me to change the files such as the Trucha Signer. But do i have to do the same as in Trucha Signer like replacing the main.dol and just Save it? It confuses me a little bit...

sambobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so if you try to play Wii games from a different region, you run into issues like avoiding updates and forcing video modes.

What are the dangers of running VC and WiiWare games from a different region? Will they try to update anything?

super_baros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hi guys,
I'm looking for some guidance. I have a jap wii with d2ckey. A few months ago, I had to downgrade my wii from 3.3J to 3.2J by installing some.... stuff...of which I can't really remember.

After being away from the scene for a while, I've found out that the latest version to play some new games is 4.0. Is there a step by step idiot proof guide to do this? (or is there an alternative to upgrading the firmware?) I recall seeing one to go from 3.3J to 3.2J. =S

Btw, to go from 3.3J to 3.2J I had to install the homebrew channel so I've already got that on my wii.

Thanks for any help at all!... Please don't shoot me for being clueless!

QUOTEInstall the cIOS with the cIOS36_r10 installer and then use Firmware Updater 4.0, but you don't need to update to 4.0, you only need to install IOSes 38-53-55 you can find those inside need for speed:undercover, punch out, EA active sports, Ohgon no Kizuna, etc etc etc...!!
smile.gif

Hiya, I followed the instructions you gave me and I installed IOS 38-53-55. I want to play my sims party but it's still telling me to update....=S

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Rammoth said:
ether2802 said:
laugh.gif

ether2802 said:
Well you can only know if the app is the right one when you load it, and only then, some people don't include meta.xml and/or icon.png (I am one of those
tongue.gif
)

QUOTE(Rammoth @ Jun 3 2009, 10:32 PM)
tongue.gif

Are you going to play the RockBand thru the USB loader or what..?? cause that is the only advantage of the r13b, if you use a disc (legit or backup) even r7 would work, the r13b is only if you are going to play RockBand with the USB instruments on the USB Loader, period...!!
smile.gif

USB Loader? =\ what's that?

There's so many apps with hacking, I should have started earlier, so I could have followed this whole thing lol >.<

Let's just cut to the chase. I use a copied version of Rock Band on a Wiikey-Wii and want to use the instruments without any extra hassle. Is this possible with 13b, yes or no?

And thank you for all your help
smile.gif

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just installed homebrew via bannerbomb and have also installed cIOSCORP aswell as downgrader, preloader etc. What can I do to protect my wii even more from being bricked. I am on 3.2E. How can I upgrade to 4.0 without my wii getting bricked?? Any other decent wads, apps you can recommend then fire away. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu