tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
donchen said:
I think you misunderstand me. Or perhaps its because i phrased it badly. Sorry about it.

I meant i have a 3.2U Firmware wii with starfall, preloader and D2CKey installed.

Now, i have a copy of a wiiware that is of a Japanese region. So i am wondering if it is safe to install on my wii and will it be able to play or i need to change the region of the wiiware?

I DO NOT want to change the region of my wii.
No its my mistake
I red firmware instead of wiiware
shy.gif

Preloader/ starfalls region free hack should allow you to play it
You can also 'Region free' the game

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Just by any chance, if myPreloader/starfalls hack doesn't work. Will installing a Wiiware from a different region cause any problems or will it just prompt you saying that the wiiware can't be installed because its from a different region?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
donchen said:
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Just by any chance, if myPreloader/starfalls hack doesn't work. Will installing a Wiiware from a different region cause any problems or will it just prompt you saying that the wiiware can't be installed because its from a different region?
It will give you a black screen and you have to hard reset, thats all

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
tj_cool said:
sonny615 said:
Not sure if hacking the Wii for about two years now makes me a n00b but I was lazy to start a new topic for this.

Anyway, does the USB drive has to be formatted in FAT32 in order to play media files from the Wii? I'm not talking about games, for which WBFS is needed. Only media from, let's say, MPlayer CE.

Is there any way to make NTFS work?
nope only FAT(32)

Thanks.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.

I'm running 3.2E and haven't updated for a while.

I'd like to update to system menu 4.0 with all the trucha patch and stuff.

Any help?

Myrstidal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Here's a question for anybody who knows how to help me:

Some WAD's do not work on my Wii. I can install them perfectly using Waninkoko's WAD Manager 1.3 (through the Homebrew Channel) But when I start them from the Wii Menu, the screen becomes pitch black for a few seconds, and it returns me to the Wii menu. (No error screen or anything like that) This only seems to be a problem for Kirby 64, Super Mario RPG and ALL the USB Loader channels I've tried to install. (All other WADs work perfectly)

Wii Info:
  • 3.1U (Then I changed it to 3.2U with Anyregion Changer, but THAT didn't work)
  • cIOS Rev 10 installed
  • Homebrew Channel installed
  • WAD Manager 1.3 (Tried others, but they didn't help)
  • NO mod chips
Other than that, there are no other problems.

Thank you to anybody who can help me. Thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sonic4Ever said:
tj_cool said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

The topic does not state that the installer patch the IOSes with the trucha bug; I will do it though, I have a nand backup in case something is wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Patch with trucha bug? Isn't that what cIOSCorp is for?

QUOTE(Myrstidal @ Jun 1 2009, 12:43 PM)
Here's a question for anybody who knows how to help me:

Some WAD's do not work on my Wii. I can install them perfectly using Waninkoko's WAD Manager 1.3 (through the Homebrew Channel) But when I start them from the Wii Menu, the screen becomes pitch black for a few seconds, and it returns me to the Wii menu. (No error screen or anything like that) This only seems to be a problem for Kirby 64, Super Mario RPG and ALL the USB Loader channels I've tried to install. (All other WADs work perfectly)

Wii Info:
  • 3.1U (Then I changed it to 3.2U with Anyregion Changer, but THAT didn't work)
  • cIOS Rev 10 installed
  • Homebrew Channel installed
  • WAD Manager 1.3 (Tried others, but they didn't help)
  • NO mod chips
Other than that, there are no other problems.

Thank you to anybody who can help me. Thanks.
Are those games from your region? If not you have to make em region free or enable a preloader hack to do it.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just installed a Japanese Wiiware on my 3.2U system using Wad Manager 1.3.

Everything installed fine but when i started the game from the channel, it just restarts my wii.

What am i missing?

rikels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey, is there some kind of tool so you can edit the virtual console title screen? like changing the release date... the name... i can already change the pictures.

is there maybe a tool for this? the nicest would be a all in one.

thanks!

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tj_cool said:
Sonic4Ever said:
tj_cool said:

The topic does not state that the installer patch the IOSes with the trucha bug; I will do it though, I have a nand backup in case something is wrong.

Thanks for the help.
Patch with trucha bug? Isn't that what cIOSCorp is for?

Of course not. cIOScorp just install the DIP Modules of Wanin in every IOS. I even guess it has nothing to do with Trucha.

Also, I am running the 4.0 updater since half an hour and it seems it's blocked on Wii Shop Channel content #58. Guess I'm doomed.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sonic4Ever said:
Of course not. cIOScorp just install the DIP Modules of Wanin in every IOS. I even guess it has nothing to do with Trucha.
hmm, I guess not then
Also, I am running the 4.0 updater since half an hour and it seems it's blocked on Wii Shop Channel content #58. Guess I'm doomed.
It just takes very long

Myrstidal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
tj_cool said:
Are those games from your region? If not you have to make em region free or enable a preloader hack to do it.
They are all NTSC. (My Wii happens to also be NTSC) The Anyregion changer did not change the region. (I only changed the firmware)

By the way, thanks for reading my question, I'd greatly appreciate it if you know anything and help me with my predicament. (If you're able to)

Myrstidal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
tj_cool said:
I think its a missing IOS
If it can't load the correct IOS it will reboot
I have no idea what IOS you need though

Thanks a bunch for the answer though, I appreciate it. So I just need to use good ol' trial and error when installing IOS's? (I'm a N00b, that's why I'm here.)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would do some research on the boards, maybe you find the IOS you need to install, or at least how to install them safely
smile.gif
(although installing shouldn't be a problem)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust...