megamaan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Noob question. I have 4.0E virgin Wii. If I softmod my Wii with proper guide, can I somehow uninstall the softmod? So I could go back to virgin 4.0E Wii after all those cIOS installs etc.

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megamaan said:
Noob question. I have 4.0E virgin Wii. If I softmod my Wii with proper guide, can I somehow uninstall the softmod? So I could go back to virgin 4.0E Wii after all those cIOS installs etc.

I've seen a fair amount of virginizing 4.0 guides going around, so I'm sure it's possible, although I haven't bothered to look into it much myself. If you do decide to softmod, this
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1993806
should help you out. It's basically what I did to a virgin 4.0U Wii to make it one that's pretty much fully functional with backups and homebrew. I've never bothered with USB loaders though, if you care for that. On top of that, I recommend installing IOS37, 38, 53, 55, and 60. Also, NeoGamma = win.

Nktakumi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, sorry if it's already asked but search didn't really help for me.

If i RegionFrii games (from NTSC-U to PAL) while they still have a gray screen because of the old television not supporting NTSC? (Like if you use a outside region game with GeckoOS or Datel's Freeloader)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nktakumi said:
Hey, sorry if it's already asked but search didn't really help for me.

If i RegionFrii games (from NTSC-U to PAL) will they still have a gray screen because of the old television not supporting NTSC? (Like if you use an outside region game with GeckoOS or Datel's Freeloader)

Shit I had to read this like 20 times before I understand you have a grammar error
rofl.gif
, I believe that has to do with the game not having the video output for your region (in this case PAL) and/or that problem happened to a lot of users in here using the Gamma launcher (wich is a copy of GeckOS but with backup support thanks to the cIOS) and not having the component cables, can be any on those or both..!!
smile.gif

EDIT: Ohh I just re-read your question, sorry, well if they do is because of this I wrote above, but you might be lucky and not have this problem, hence you now how it looks using GeckOS then you know that some out of region games looks right, and some look gray, and if yes that is the problem of your TV too, cause it can't reproduce the NTSC video signal, buy a LCD TV please, the bigger the better...!!
biggrin.gif

EddyWally

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, I have a simple question.
I'm on 3.2E now, if I manually update to 4.0E, will ALL the homebrew stuff still work?
Should I update? Or is it better to stay at 3.2E?
Thank You

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EddyWally said:
Okay, I have a simple question.
I'm on 3.2E now, if I manually update to 4.0E, will ALL the homebrew stuff still work?
Should I update? Or is it better to stay at 3.2E?
Thank You

Well if by manually you mean, using the Waninkoko's updater, then yes you still can use all the homebrew stuff, and if you mean updating thru the Wii's settings, then you first need to install the cIOS36_r10 before updating, and I'm still on 3.2, the only only only good thing about 4.0, is the ability to use SDHC on the Wii natively, and some people here like the SD launching thingy but, it is up to you choosing wich FW is better...!!
smile.gif

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok...so i got the whole softmii thing on my wii...works great
i got the wiigator mios patcher and lauching from disc channel great

2 issues i am having now...

it appears even with preloader v29 using ios 30 and firmware 3.2u even though gamecube region free is selected multidisc game cube games not working if I mix NTSC and PAL..is it possible to make a multiboot disc with different region games like PAL/NTSC?

and second I have not been able to get any of the VC games installed to work at all. They all go to a black screen and if I hit the home button the options come up for controls/etc but I can never play the actual games.
update
the option below worked for me for NES VC Games, but not the SNES VC games
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ound.jsp#neogeo

update: I was able to get SNES VC games working by a new wad install.

I did use the Wiiscu to update all IOS with the trucha bug including 60 and 61

if I used waninokos 4.0 fw updater is that going to make a diference for me?

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clownz said:
ok...so i got the whole softmii thing on my wii...works great
i got the wiigator mios patcher and lauching from disc channel great

2 issues i am having now...

it appears even with preloader v29 using ios 30 and firmware 3.2u even though gamecube region free is selected multidisc game cube games not working if I mix NTSC and PAL..is it possible to make a multiboot disc with different region games like PAL/NTSC?

if I used waninokos 4.0 fw updater is that going to make a diference for me?

I don't think you can use a NTSC disc 1 then a PAL disc 2, or vice versa. Just an educated guess though...

Going to 4.0 wouldn't change much if you're asking in regards to your posted problems. You'd just get a nifty SD card launcher on the main system screen and have better support for SDHC. I do like launching all my WiiWare/VC stuff from that SD card, but shrug. It's your call really.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
based on what i already have installed on my wii, if i was to upgrade using waninoko's 4.0 would it affect anything i have installed using wiiscu (ios 60 and 61 patched from wiiscu) already?

and would i have to reinstall anything i already have? (cioscorp?) and do i lose the functionality of the disc channel?

thanx for your response.

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
i get a Big Black Screen with alot of numbers when i go on wad maneger too long installing wads, i cant stay in wad maneger more then 60 seconds before i get the big black screen of death! and i have to hold the power button just to turn it off!!!

help please some 1 send me a link to a guide for this or please explain what to do

thanks very much appriciated

budsticky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble installing one VC .wad app only and it is a newer released one. I'm running 3.2. It actually installs and the channel shows up on my system menu but when I start it the game just returns me right back to the system menu. Any ideas.

screwed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
After getting Boom Blox Bash Party, the Wii asks me to update to the latest firmware. Which I have been warned againt if I want to run homebrew.
So how can I play new games without updating?

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clownz said:
based on what i already have installed on my wii, if i was to upgrade using waninoko's 4.0 would it affect anything i have installed using wiiscu (ios 60 and 61 patched from wiiscu) already?

and would i have to reinstall anything i already have? (cioscorp?) and do i lose the functionality of the disc channel?

thanx for your response.

I don't know much about WiiSCU or cIOScorp since I don't use then, but Waninkoko's updater is supposed to leave your IOS files intact, so I imagine you'd be fine... I recommend hitting up one of the upgrading to 4.0 guides floating around here.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
clownz said:

thanx for your response.

No idea bout WiiSCU, but cIOSCorp needs to be re-installed
follow the ultimate 4.0 guide

Flameblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday when pausing my homebrew channel it said IOS36 v.12.X (It was twelve point -something-) in the corner, after messing around with some modding today, it's now reading IOS36 v.4.18

Why has this happened and how to I go back, I'm assuming version 12 is better than 4.

icedtea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have installed homebrew channel with the twilight hack. i am able to use the homebrew channel to install wads like DVDX and BackupLauncher0.3g but cant get them to run. all my wii does is restart. im running firmware 3.1U. i also have a friend who has the same setup and his is all working. thanks

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running 3.2U with HBC and Gamma Channel installed.

1. What do I need to do before I update 4.0?
2. Will I lose anything if I update to 4.0?
3. How do I update HBC?

Flameblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I try to do a variety of different things the Wii always comes up with 'Exception (DSI) occured!' and a code dump, and I have to restart the Wii. Up until now I've managed to find a way around it, but it's happening part-way through trying to install games with USB Loader, the percentage will freeze and the error will come up.

What is 'Exception (DSI) occured!' and how do I stop it from happening?

ubersk8kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I updated to 4.0 legitly

I want to run my VC/WiiWare games off the SD card, but I can't because it says failure to launch.
Do I need to install just IOS60? or is that the IOS that I choose in WADmanager?
I have CIOS Rev 10 installed if that makes any difference.
I also dont have preloader, should I?

what do i simply need to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk