Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
Those wad creating application can cause problems. It has something to do with user accounts. Create a new administrator user account and try to run it from there. That solved the problems for me.

I gave up. I was able to find a pre-made channel of the app I wanted to use and, albeit crappy, it is fully functional. No more Wadder for me, thank you.

On a side note, can anyone give me some help with the region-free Disk Channel issue? Thanks in advance.

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to burn my games on a DL disk in order to play them? All the games I have so far are smaller than required for DL so can I just use a normal SL disk? I have been using Memorex DVD+R DL

I am Softmodding with Gamma.
Can I play DL games (Larger than 4.5 GB) like SSBB with these DVD+R DL games

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so my last few questions would be do I need + or - DVDs or does it matter? Any particular Brands that work best? What about RW disks?

What is this DVD5 version of SSBB? What is the difference between DVD5 and DVD9, also will it be possible to format any future DL games to DVD5?

Lastly, I have burned 5 games onto these memorex DVD+R DL all of them small enough for regular DVDs, so far they all seem to work fine so far, will I experience any problems for doing this?

Again I am running the most up to date version of Gamma with IOS 249. Thanks for the help.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Ok so my last few questions would be do I need + or - DVDs or does it matter? Any particular Brands that work best? What about RW disks?

What is this DVD5 version of SSBB? What is the difference between DVD5 and DVD9, also will it be possible to format any future DL games to DVD5?

Lastly, I have burned 5 games onto these memorex DVD+R DL all of them small enough for regular DVDs, so far they all seem to work fine so far, will I experience any problems for doing this?

Again I am running the most up to date version of Gamma with IOS 249. Thanks for the help.

DVD5 version of SSBB is a version that you can burn on a single layer disc.

DVD5 = Single Layer Disc
DVD9 = Dual Layer Disc

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Ok so my last few questions would be do I need + or - DVDs or does it matter? DVD-r is the "best", but you can use DVD+r if you set the booktype to DVD-rom
Any particular Brands that work best? Verbatim/Sony but I think other brands work fine too
What about RW disks? Not advised, but possible

The DVD5 version is basically the "single layer" version of Brawl, so you can burn it on a single layer. All movies from SSE will be deleted. There are tutorials on the board on how to make DVD5 Brawl

If they work theres no problem

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NWFunfi said:
Allot to get caught up on sinceI installed HBC a while ago, still on .08.All I want is USB loader to store/run my games I own. Do I still need to go thru all the downgraders (wife upgraded to 4.0u)
Thanks!

To use USB loader you need to have Cios 36 rev10 installed.
Theres guides on this forum that can tell you how.
Hopefully you installed a cios previously.It will make it easier.
If not search for a guide about 4.0 without cios

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Ok so my last few questions would be do I need + or - DVDs or does it matter? DVD-r is the "best", but you can use DVD+r if you set the booktype to DVD-rom

The DVD5 version is basically the "single layer" version of Brawl, so you can burn it on a single layer. All movies from SSE will be deleted. There are tutorials on the board on how to make DVD5 Brawl

You talked about setting the booktype to DVD-rom for DVD+, If I am already running DVD+ DL backups on my wii have I already done this?

Lastly, is there anyway to play the DVD 9 version of Brawl on Gamma without any problems?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sideshowkrevis83 said:
tj_cool said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:

You talked about setting the booktype to DVD-rom for DVD+, If I am already running DVD+ DL backups on my wii have I already done this?

Lastly, is there anyway to play the DVD 9 version of Brawl on Gamma without any problems?

If you didnt change the booktype then no your running a dvd+r disc.
+r media still works but its not recommended.
yeah you can play a dvd 9 version os brawl.Just find the full iso and burn it to a DL disc.

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess what I am getting at is why is +r not recommended (should i be concerned playing my dvd+r DL backups that I already burned)? and what does dvd-rom do to a +r disk?

emailrob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

I'm using WBFS Manager 3.0 to add iso's via vista 32. Works fine.
I've now attached the drive to the Wii and can play games.

I've ripped a couple of games from discs, but when I put the hard drive back into the PC it doesn't show up any more.

Can you only add games using one method (via PC OR ripping from Wii, not a combination of both?)

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with my WAD Manager 1.3 working on my Wii 4.0U. It is displaying this message when I attempt to download wiiware games

[+] Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret= -2011)

The thing is that, it doesn't appear all the time, just sometimes. There are times when I get lucky and times when I don't. What I try to do is exit the program and attempt to reinstall it again (and that still requires me getting lucky). Is there a reason why it isn't working?

I updated my Wii to 4.0U through Waninkoko's method and I heard that WAD installation should still work even with his update. Other solutions I've heard are changing the CIOS which I have no idea how to do or what it is and in addition, I have preloader 0.29 which I think will interfere with the CIOS downgrade/upgrade.
Are there other solutions that does not require any more extensive modding with my Wii? I'm fairly happy with 4.0U right now...

Ed54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I have a problem with the Gamecube Backup Launcher. I installed it (gamecube backup launcher 0.2) according to many different tutorials, using different methods such as network and WAD installation for the MIOS, but I always get the same problem. When I try to launch any games through the gamecube backup launcher, the wii tries to read the disc and then reboots. I can however run the same multigame discs by launching the game through the wii backup lancher gamma. When I do this I get a screen that says Gamecube Backup Loader v1.1 and I get to choose between the games. Some games work well, but other games that the compatibility wiki says should work don't. I have tried many things to fix this and still haven't been able to find an answer. Any help would be great, Thanks.

Stevk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
Stevk said:
There are just so many tutorials and new random things I don't really know about.

Basically I have a PAL Wii which I downgraded to 3.2 a while ago. I have the Homebrew Channel installed along with Starfall. I have been using the Bootloader Gamma... It is working fine but I am interested in upgrading now so I can use the USB loader...

I am assuming I need to upgrade my Wii safely to 4.0 and then install rev 10 of that cios, or something along those lines. However I just can find a decent tutorial and I am little rusty remembering how to do all this.

Anyone care to point me to the best and most current tutorial I should be looking at? Preferably an all in one.

Also I am totally clueless about the SD file structure, folders and that, for the Homebrew channel. I can't remember for the life of me. I'd love to have a RAR I could just extract to my SD card so it is set up and ready to go along with a few instructions as to what files to use when. Any chance of that?

Thanks

You can keep 3.2. All you need to do is to install cios rev10, you can do that via homebrew channel.
Get the installer from waninkoko's site and put it as boot.dol in \apps\iosinstaller\ on your sd card.

Thanks pal
smile.gif

kalexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have a NTSC Wii 3.3U. When using the usb loader, I was wondering whether it mattered i was using PAL or NTSC isos ? If I downloaded a PAL iso and add it using WBFS manager 3.0, would it play on myNTSC wii?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P