Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ZeroMidget said:
Few Questions:

One) My Wii skips on a Legit, Brand new, unscratched Animal Crossing City Folk when moving around town, I'm sure that this is caused by my soft mod.
You have skipped the update right? Did you install the IOS it needs then? (i dunno which one it is, sorry)

Two) Is there any way I can virginize my wii back to unmodded, with everything deleted, and then remod it? I'm not sure what I installed in the beginning (when Wanin's first got leaked) and I would like to clean it to hopefully free up memory/possibly help the ACCF lag issue.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557

Three) If my wii is not OFF (red light), it keeps the disk spinning, even in standby (yellow light). It's not supposed to do this is it?
preloader bug, remove the disc after playing

ZeroMidget

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So when I virginize it, will it delete the installed channels too? As I want it to clean up EVERYTHING so i can re-mod fresh, and maybe that'll fix my ACCF problems.

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, im a total noob when it comes to hacking my wii and ive got a few questions..

I got my Wii last year and play a few games on it but not alot.. interested in playing NES/SNES etc games on it mainly and backing up my games.. so I wanna hack it to have this availible too me. What do I need to do this? I read that I need the Zelda game and a SD card? Is that it? What files do I need?

Any help appreciated
smile.gif

Icyfrodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI everyone, well I have a problem, I bought a pre-modded Wii, wich i don't know wich chip it uses, and I installed the homebrew channel on it, well, my dumbness made me update the Wii firmware to 3.4U while I had Hombebrew Channel BETA 7 ... well, I didn't play my wii in some time, now I was going to install some wads on it and BAM no good. Weeeell, I tried installing beta 8 but no goo as well, at least the ways I tried, using a burnt DVD and trying to update it trough Homebrew Channel. I think that's it.

Thanks in Advance, sorry if I didn't make a more profund search ^^'

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Keva said:
Hey, im a total noob when it comes to hacking my wii and ive got a few questions..

I got my Wii last year and play a few games on it but not alot.. interested in playing NES/SNES etc games on it mainly and backing up my games.. so I wanna hack it to have this availible too me. What do I need to do this? I read that I need the Zelda game and a SD card? Is that it? What files do I need?

Any help appreciated
smile.gif

I hope your not on system menu 4.0
yes you will need the game The legend of Zelda: twilight princess for wii
all the rest u need for the basic softmodding can be found on http://hbc.hackmii.com/
if you want emulators or Backup launcher, search for them first, come back if you have more questions

QUOTE(Icyfrodo @ Mar 25 2009, 10:06 PM) HI everyone, well I have a problem, I bought a pre-modded Wii, wich i don't know wich chip it uses, and I installed the homebrew channel on it, well, my dumbness made me update the Wii firmware to 3.4U while I had Hombebrew Channel BETA 7 ... well, I didn't play my wii in some time, now I was going to install some wads on it and BAM no good. Weeeell, I tried installing beta 8 but no goo as well, at least the ways I tried, using a burnt DVD and trying to update it trough Homebrew Channel. I think that's it.

Thanks in Advance, sorry if I didn't make a more profund search ^^'
You'll need to downgrade to 3.2
theres some good guides around here so do a search
also, once you are on 3.2, install starfall to block disc updates

edit for both of you, look here too: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119660

r0ck1n0ut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks, n00b here looking for a little help:

I have a 3.4U wii (recently purchased) and I'm attempting to downgrade it to 3.2 in the hops of running wiigator's backup launcher. Here's what I've done:

Ran the TP hack to install Homebrew Channel. Ran Homebrew Channel which prompted for an update, which I did.

Ran Wad Manager 1.3, installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad. Ran Custom WM, installed CIOS_FIX.wad

After that the instructions say to run IOS Downgrader. When I launch it I get a black screen and the wii is unresponsive forcing me to power it off manually.

Any ideas? Tips? Any help would be MUCH appreciated. I've been pulling my hair out.

searchdestroy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I'm rocking the GC Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi. Everything's worked great for me, but I'm still a little unclear on what to do about playing GC backups where the original games required multiple discs (i.e. Metal Gear, Tales of Symphonia). Burning a multigame disc is not an option for me (I'm on a pre-Intel Mac, don't ask why).

Is it now possible for me to burn the game split over two discs the way they were originally published and then play them through the backup launcher? Is disc swapping mid-game now a possibility? When the game prompts me to insert disc two, and I have a burned copy of disc two ready, what should I do next? Thanks for your help. I tried searching, but the answers all seemed to vary or revolve around multigame isos.

mariox2098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
mariox2098 said:
I have a two questions.
Im upgrading to cioscorp from using gamma. Do i have to remove/uninstall anything first or can i just install the the ios's?
Also, Does preloaders region free patch work with the disk channel/cioscorp?

Just install the CIOScorp pack, no need to unistall anything at all, and the preloader region free patch sucks, so you'll need to use the AnyRegionChanger1.1b_mod5 from the softmii package to reinstall a SysMenu3.2 from your region before CIOScorp, say NO to the korean support and YES to the hacks, use first the Any Region Changer and the install the CIOScorp, finally install preloader to complete your softmod with a cherry at the top..!!
smile.gif

So i installed CIOScorp first because i thought i had already put the hacks on when i installed 3.2. Region free isnt working so i want to install 3.2 again. Is it ok to install it after ive already installed cioscorp? cuz you said i should do it before

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there!

I've been keeping my eye out on the 4.0 update threads and saw the Free the Bug app. Is this the one in wwpacker??

I've got the wwpacker172_setup and was wondering if the mentioned app can be found in this? There is a file called _wwpacker-FreeTheBug.bat.

jobobalo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...this is embarrassing...here goes...

Ok, so I've been struggling to make a 7-pack of all of Nintendo's casual titles (that I own) all on one disk that boots from the regular old disk channel (CIOSCORP/SoftMii). I know that they all (Wii Fit, Sports, Play, Music, Chess, Endless Ocean, Big Brain Academy) are small enough in data size to fit on one disk.
Anyway, these are what I'm using...

Trucha 1.21
Wiiscrubber 1.4
Legal Multiboot Image- http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142597

This is what I've done so far.

1) Used Scrubber to shrink, then extract a bunch of crypted game partitions.
2) Used Scrubber to put these partitions on my legal bultiboot image (all in partition 1, because I was told it didn't matter as long as you didn't use 0, where the multiboot code lives.)
3) Tried Shrinking with Trucha. It just gave me some files to replace, but no image.
4) Shrunk with 0xFF.
5) Figuring this image needed trucha signing, I then clicked "Shrink with Trucha" again, and got the extra files (FakeFst, etc.).
6) Opened image with trucha (I only got common key, none of the others).
7) Attempted to replace stuff as instructed by Scrubber. Failed. Got "Replaced file must be equal or smaller than the original" "Cannot replace the file (Code 4)".
8) Cried to gbatemp's noob section.

Zanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't know where else to post this, but my friend's Gamma Loader has randomly stopped working; he's tried 3 discs and they all give the error message that he told me said something like "0X53000" or something similar. I think I installed IOS36 (or what the IOS for the gamma is, I've forgotten) on the Wii, and his Wii is 3.3U. The last time he brought his Wii over, burnt games were working, and today has been the first time he's used it again, strangely enough (because he didn't use the Wii at all, shouldn't nothing be different?). All of the other homebrew apps seem to have no problems, except for the GCN Loader, which has the same problem I think. What's the problem?

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've updated my HBC(1.0.1), and I've installed a Gamma Channel .02 Fix, would all I need to do is update Officially through Nintendo, and everything will still work? Or do I need Waninkokos new thing and all sorts of new IOS things or whatever?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Starfall 0.5
--------------

I am running 3.2 e and have the twilight hack installed , my problem is that i can't install starfall 0.5 for some reason!

Your supposed to press B+2 twice to get it going but it isn't working, straingly when i do the B+1 it works and brings up the menu to uninstall starfall components.

So what am i doing wrong ?

Another question:

If i can play all wii and GC backups (which i can) then should i bother installing all these new updates such as Gamma Channel .02 Fix, and that rev 8 iso because everything does work (exept starfall) and i don't mind using the channel backup launchers to launch wii/gc games ?

Also with the new 4.0 update from nintendo i know it adds sdhc support (half assed anyway) but apart from that is there much point going from 3.2 to 4.0 ? i know 3.2 is best for homebrew.

cheers, paul

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick question: I've installed many IOS, CIOS, hacks and all that since I got my Wii. I'd like to reinstall everything to be fully updated. Is there a way to restore my Wii to a "clean" state, without losing saved games preferably, or is it just not worthy if everything is working fine right now?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a another two questions:

Can I use a Japan (or USA) controller on my PAL (EU) Wii?
Like this:
Super Famicom Classic Controller [Club Nintendo Limited Edition]
Nintendo
Compatible with Nintendo™ Wii Japan

(From play-asia)

And the second question:

Modifications on .app files in the NAND are risky, but if you have preloader installed. And don't change the preloader .app (Only others).
You are safe to edit/replace them?

(Which is the Homebrew channel .app ? And just for sure I ask which .app Preloader is too...
smile.gif
)

Thanks a lot!
yaynds.gif

Greetings,
Adr990

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw