Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwithboobs said:
ok so i should run anyregionchanger before following the tutorial to install the twilight hack / homebrew channel or after?

Sorry, i was assuming you already have the HBC. Of couse install it first. The update to 3.2 will just make more homebrew software compatible. If you wouldn't update to 3.2 and you would get some error, it would be a little complicated to figure out what's exactly the problem.

noobwithboobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
noobwithboobs said:
ok so i should run anyregionchanger before following the tutorial to install the twilight hack / homebrew channel or after?
first install the homebrew channel, then run ARC

k ran big moes installer v2,and followed instructions,but text after talking to man in zelda says it couldnt find boot.elf ,no code found to load , hanging.
ive read that this may mean i need to format my sd card,so im tryin that,any other common causes of this?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
noobwithboobs said:
tj_cool said:
noobwithboobs said:

k ran big moes installer v2,and followed instructions,but text after talking to man in zelda says it couldnt find boot.elf ,no code found to load , hanging.
ive read that this may mean i need to format my sd card,so im tryin that,any other common causes of this?
You have the twilight hack elf/dol file in the root of your sd, right
and its named boot.elf/boot.dol right???

noobwithboobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
noobwithboobs said:
tj_cool said:
noobwithboobs said:

You have the twilight hack elf/dol file in the root of your sd, right
and its named boot.elf/boot.dol right???

no i have both a boot.elf and boot.dol inside the bigmoeinstaller v2 folder on my sd card,which 1 or both should be pulled out to root dir?

EDIT: PULLED both out to root,and now we runnin thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
brink

- Can I remove the blank channels? It really looks bad.
Yes, do it thru the Wii Settings, OR format and start all over in your Wii, stops installing many channels or you'll get a semi.brick
lecture.gif
1 or 2 are good

- Is there a chance I'm using up additional system memory from a partial WAD install?
the Wii has a 512MB (Aprox) NAND, the IOS and SysMenu also are part of that space, so you really don't have entirely 512MB for installing all your crap in there

- If so, How can I reclaim that space?
Format and start over, again stop installing so much crap...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Ether2802:

I did in this order:

Wii with modchip working fine with homebrew channel, and other channels hackeds...

So i installed the SoftMii, them i formated my Wii, so i fucked my Wii...XD...and finally i install the SoftMii again...but i have no channels, then I upgrade my Wii with Metroid Prime 3, and got channels...then i instaled de Wii System Menu WAD again...and the original IOS, And now i cant play my backups by the DISC CHANNEL, only using the gamma uploader...and all the homebrews (except HBC) don´t work...
Its shows 3.2U version...but i think it have upgrade...and doesn´t show...XD
Sorry for my English...=/

So you installed SoftMii again, and then deleted it again, about your homebrews I don't know why they don't work, but you need to install softmii again

QUOTE said:
I have a real quick question. I have two games burned onto DVD+R DL and they work perfectly although i'm afraid i might be screwing up the lens in the optical drive since some discs appear to reduce the life of the laser or so i read. they can fit just fine on one of these verbatim DVD-Rs i bought the other day is it worth reburning the game? is there any harm DVD+R DL can do?

Why do you have 2 gmes burned into DL..? the only one that needs to be on DL is SSBB, and I think from this question/answer you understand that the Wii natively reads DL, ergo....
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
hello
i've a little problem....
i can't find a way to use gc backup on my wii.....
i've tried with wiigator gc launcher .... (v4, v5(with the four files inside the 000001..../v5),v8(same thing 00001..../v8)...but when i start the gc launcher it freeeze to the charging screen...(the one with black screen , green gc logo and"gc laucher" wriote on white)
i've tried with waninkoko cmios,,,,but the result is the same.... i can't play gc backup...
----> i've put in the root of my sd the wad file extracted by animal crossing
---->i've put in apps the cmios installer .... tried with rev1 and rev3...
---->i've start the installer, using "wad installation" and after "network installation".
all work without errors.... but when i try to load some backup ....if i use gc launcher i get the same proble...using gamm 0.3 freeze when i press A to load a backup.... and rebooting withb b.. cause a freeze when i use channel disk....
please help me out.....i'm becaming crazy.....

i've firmware 3.1E
cIOS 36 rev7 .... ##also if when i press "home" at the hb channel i see on the right corner rev4.18 ##
i've internet connection for the wii
i use backup launcher gamma 0.3 (perfect)
games burned with imageburn at 1x , tried with 2,4x and 4x....
i use verbatin dvd -r
backup uset to test ::
s.mario sunshine PAL & NTSC
zelda 4 swords NTSC
zelda WW PAL
ff cc NTSC
all that games have the same results......
please help me

It is either your launcher.dol or the MIOS is not properly installed, but if the Gamma launcher also freezes with GC games, then I can pretty much assume it is the MIOS..!!
smile.gif

What it does mean with this:
*Do not use Shrunk Audio streaming games (they may crash!)

All games have Audio... (So No shrinking at all? 0_o )

It means that if you have a game that has "Audio Streamed", it will crash if you shrink it
rofl.gif
really I don't know what "audio streaming" means, but I have shrunked all my games already (like 6 only), and they all work fine..!!
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Streaming means it doesn't load the music tracks into memory, but it's constantly reading (streaming) them from disc. Like a cd-player does.

omgoogle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have a question
unsure.gif
(sorry if I didn,t post in the right place...)

So, here it goes, i'd like to play a backup of Animal Crossing City Folk on my wii, my original game broke even before I could play it, so i only have my backup.

I have the homebrew channel and the gamma launcher, my other backups works well, looks like AC is the only game that don't work...

My Wii was 3.4 U, then i downgraded to 3.2 U to play my backups...

So are there any ways to play animal crossing?

By the way: I can boot the game with gamma launcher, it loads, but then a message appears with My Ressetti telling me that there was a problem reading or something.... then the game stops and the only thing I can do is to turn off my wii, all the other games work well... And I don't have the wii speak thing.

SECOND QUESTION: What is Starfall? do I really need it? I didn't have any problem since I've downgraded my wii and stuff... so... is it necesasry? in fact I don't really like to install things in the wii, don't want to brick it so i'd like to use the minimum...

THANKS EVERYONE!

D

Deleted User

omgoogle said:
Install IOS38 with WAD Manager. Before you would ask, yes, it is safe.

SECOND QUESTION: What is Starfall? do I really need it? I didn't have any problem since I've downgraded my wii and stuff... so... is it necesasry? in fact I don't really like to install things in the wii, don't want to brick it so i'd like to use the minimum...
It isn't THAT necessary, but I'll tell you, that it's going to be useful.

Starfall's outdated anyway, get Preloader. It's the better version of Starfall. Kindly see TPG (The Preloader Guide) for more guidance on how-to install. And again, it is safe, if you follow the TPG correctly.

THANKS EVERYONE!

All of your questions have been covered, and would be found if you searched here. Yes, it's google, but it's the best.

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
omgoogle said:
Install IOS38 with WAD Manager. Before you would ask, yes, it is safe.

It isn't THAT necessary, but I'll tell you, that it's going to be useful.

Starfall's outdated anyway, get Preloader. It's the better version of Starfall. Kindly see TPG (The Preloader Guide) for more guidance on how-to install. And again, it is safe, if you follow the TPG correctly.

THANKS EVERYONE!

All of your questions have been covered, and would be found if you searched here. Yes, it's google, but it's the best.

Personally, I rather use starfall because I find it easier to remove, but next time I hack my wii (yeah, I have to keep un-modding it due to my family) I'm gonna try Preloader

EDIT: and can someone answer my question on if this guide is any good http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=127814 and if not, can they link me to a better one

hudson44

Trophies
XP
Country
MicShadow said:
hudson44 said:
I'm trying to run the "Wiikey 2 Update/Config Combined Disc v1.2 - 'Asgard Core'" disc on my modded console (wiikey 2) but it wont run. What format do i need to burn it in? Do i leave it as a BZ2 file and burn it as data to a DVD or do i burn it as an ISO? I'm assuming that you select the disc channel to use it. Any help would be great as i have googled and burnt it several times but to no avail.

Need to burn the ISO. There should be instructions on how to use the update disc on the Wiikey site. I think the original was an autoboot disc. So maybe this one is too

I've tried to burn the bz2 file to an ISO using imageburn, but it wont recognise it as a burnable file. And if i select "all files" and burn the ISO it will still not read the disc. Any theories?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
omgoogle said:
Hi guys, I have a question
unsure.gif
(sorry if I didn,t post in the right place...)

So, here it goes, i'd like to play a backup of Animal Crossing City Folk on my wii, my original game broke even before I could play it, so i only have my backup.

I have the homebrew channel and the gamma launcher, my other backups works well, looks like AC is the only game that don't work...

My Wii was 3.4 U, then i downgraded to 3.2 U to play my backups...

By the way: I can boot the game with gamma launcher, it loads, but then a message appears with My Ressetti telling me that there was a problem reading or something.... then the game stops and the only thing I can do is to turn off my wii, all the other games work well... And I don't have the wii speak thing.

[...]

I would guess you have the wrong cIOS installed, check if it's the Gamma cIOS. If you don't know how to check that, just (re)install it. Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7 is more easy to install than WiiGator's. It could be that you need IOS38 installed even if you don't use it, so if the cIOS is correct, install IOS38 wad.

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm... so.... I am now on a virgin-ized 3.4U and for some reason my copy of Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner seems to lock up at seemingly random times, I deleted it and redownloaded it from the shop channel, but it still does it, does anybody have any ideas?

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that my Wii is out of warrenty, I was considering playing around with some homebrew things, but I had a question that i'm a little confused about.

On youtube I see various roms injected into their own VC channels - games such as Earthbound and hacked versions of Mario. My copy of earthbound has long since lost it's ability to retain savedata, and i thought it might be fun to play the Chrono Trigger mistranslation on my Wii - but from what i'm reading VC Injection seems like it might be dangerous.

Reading throught he newbie posts, it seems clear that posting cIOS (whatever that is) is against the rules, some posts also stressed that it was very dangerous to use things that required it, as it might brick the system and/or cause a future Nintendo update to brick the system. Some of the youtube videos about injection mention cIOS, and it has me concerned.

What are the dangers of injection in regards to a bricked or possibly future bricked system? I'm not interested in backup games or most homebrew, I just would like a few of my cartridge SNES games that I know won't see VC release for licensing reasons to be available on my Wii. Is this not worth the trouble? I'm a little nervous about the process.

Edit: Here is an Example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V_OFZ6-NvU...l&client=fi

What is this common Key.bin? What are the risks of doing this?

araan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well...
if the problem is the cMIOS....
i've tried overwriting cMIOS with winkoko and with wiigator, without removing patch... only overwriting....
could be that the problem ?
so... where i can find a "virgin" cMIOS to install and work over that ?
if i can take it with wufe by an original disc,,, plz tell me the name i've to find,,,,, thx

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
araan said:
well...
if the problem is the cMIOS....
i've tried overwriting cMIOS with winkoko and with wiigator, without removing patch... only overwriting....
could be that the problem ?
so... where i can find a "virgin" cMIOS to install and work over that ?
if i can take it with wufe by an original disc,,, plz tell me the name i've to find,,,,, thx
I think waninkokos cMIOS installer has an option to install the original MIOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed