Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
manzza said:
Would the twilight hack still work on the latest wii pal n the latest game
I mean haven’t the new game dvd and the new wii been patch for hack
I have to buy the game n I don’t wanna make a mistake as in im too late for this hack
Thanks

Unless your Wii come with 3.5 or 4.0 firmware, then you can still do all of this...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hey, thanks!
By the way, I have a DVD5 SSBB, so, if I want to play it, I'll need to boot it in the original disc channel? I've read softchip boots 1:1 copys, right?
SoftChip can only boot 1:1 copies, and the gamma launcher can boot 1:1 and decrypted copies (need a special decrypter "backup creator.exe" not used anymore since beta came out) and if your Wii recognizes the DVD5 version then you'll e fine...!!!

My Wii is 3.3E
I am using backup launcher 0.3 gamma IOS249.
I 'bought' COD:WAW today (NTSC version) however at seemingly random points whilst I am playing i get the black screen disc could not be read message, is there any way of fixing this?

Clean your disc/wii laser lens, gamma and/or is cIOS249 doesn't affect the normal performance of your Wii at all, so don't blame Gamma for that...!!
smile.gif

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whee, I have another question. Btw WiiPower, thanks for your help but I just figured out that after install CIOScorp, I had to use the RB2 disc update and I'm still running on 3.2U.

Well there's been a lot of news about the GC backup launcher and stuff so I decided to give this a try. I installed the cMIOS rev03 by Waninkoko yesterday and today I put in my original copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee into the disc drive. I went to the disc channel but right after the GameCube boot screen, the screen went black and only audio would work. Then I went to the GC Backup Launcher Channel and it ran perfectly fine. Could someone please tell me why this is happening and if possible how to fix it?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
try using another way to boot, in the menu boot (press B after START the channel) you can choose

PAL
NTSC
480p
60Hz

patched MIOS
reloader

try using the one that fits you the most...!!!
smile.gif

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. I will test this and see if it works. Is this in the disc channel or the Backup Launcher channel though?

EDIT: It would not load from the disc channel but still loaded perfectly in the Backup Launcher Channel. Before loading in the Backup channel, it said 'Failed to read DVD: 35". Could this be the cause of it not reading in the disc channel?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this is in the Disc Channel, just remember to press B on the 1st GC controller, after hit start the disc channel, and I believe this is only possible with Waninkoko's cMIOS_rev3, so you sure can do this...!!
smile.gif

TTom

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Clean your disc/wii laser lens, gamma and/or is cIOS249 doesn't affect the normal performance of your Wii at all, so don't blame Gamma for that...!!
smile.gif

Hey, thanks for the help unfortunately I have just tried cleaning both the disk and wii but the problem is recurring
dry.gif

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks for your help. I figured out it wasn't the cMIOS and it was just Starfall with its "Region Free GC with Video Mode patched". How silly of me. Anyways, thanks sincerely for your help.

Glittermoongdes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all

First of all, I am on 3.2U firmware downgraded from 3.4U
softmodded with HBC and Gamma .3
(I have the Cios 37/DVDX/DVD Dumper/Starfire all installed as well if that matters)

I only have a DVD+R writer, so I bought Verbatim DVD+R's and I can't get them to work. I tried Wii-Monopoly (Pal patched to NTSC-U and Brick Blocked with WIU1.1). Wrote it with ImgBurn on 2x, all other apps on my computer closed. Load with Gamma .3 and get black and white, scrolling picture. Sound works fine and if I try hard enough I can click on the start screen to get to another screen or back to the Wii Menu. I know that DVD-R is recommended but like I said I don't have that option. Do you think that's the problem or could it be something else? And what would you recommend I try first so I don't waste my time and money on DVDs. I read the compatibility and it said Monopoly was working fine on gamma. Should I try burning on 1x?

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
How do I make backups automatically run through the disc channel on a 3.3u Wii in which I can't downgrade(no Wii internet connection)?
You can check HERE to know how to downgrade to 3.2 and then install softmii, or just use the rebooter function in Gamma Launcher and then you'll be able to run the games thru the disc channel...!!
smile.gif

So all I have to do is install all those wads and IOSes and it will be the equivalent of downgrading my Wii to 3.2?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got some questions regarding the gamecube back launcher...

1. can i have all 3 regions (NSTC PAL JAPAN) on a 3rd party memory card (mine is mad catz or intec)
2. i've heard i should make single games on a dvd-r... is that ture...
3. i have big dvd-r's so should i use mutil game isos?
4. do mini dvd-r's work with the back up launcher
5. mutil game iso's are bad for the GC launcher is that ture...
6. can i ask someone on the fourms to edit the wiki for the GC launcher... cause i don't want to screw up editing if i find anyfacts
7. can i make a topic for a compialty list?

that is all thank you.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DJPlace said:
i got some questions regarding the gamecube back launcher...

1. can i have all 3 regions (NSTC PAL JAPAN) on a 3rd party memory card (mine is mad catz or intec)
Only PAL and NTSC-U can be combined (at least I think)
2. i've heard i should make single games on a dvd-r... is that ture...
No, you can have multigames
3. i have big dvd-r's so should i use mutil game isos?
You will have to use less DVDs if you put more games on them
4. do mini dvd-r's work with the back up launcher
yes
5. mutil game iso's are bad for the GC launcher is that ture...
Not that i know
6. can i ask someone on the forums to edit the wiki for the GC launcher... cause i don't want to screw up editing if i find any facts
what do you want to add?
7. can i make a topic for a compatibility list?
for?
that is all thank you.

caiweilian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi,
gotten a backup copy of Family Trainer PAL version, patched with regionfrii to NTSC-U. Disc channel is able to see the banner now. However, when I hit START to play the game, it just stucked at a black screen. How do I fix this? I can run that game on gecko os, however I would like to to run through disc channel. Read that it may due to the PAL video signal issue. How to solve that problem? Can I still install starfall on my wii when I have wiikey2 modchip? Please help. Thanks

FYI:
NTSC-U - 3.2U
Wiikey2

Starfire12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed the CMIOS required (not the one from the original zip, but the rev 3 version via WADInstall) for the Gamecube Backup Launcher, but of those steps:

1. CMIOS installer
2. Press X (only one time!), if you want to use Wii Backup Launcher or Wii disc channel to start.
3. Press A
4. Run rungcbackup
5. Press A and play your game

Nr. 2 & 3 never happened. After the installation finished the CMIOS installer simply exited back to the Homebrew Channel without waiting for me to press any buttons. Havn't tested the Backuplauncher itself because of that yet, waiting for feedback 1st. Tried an original Gamecube Game and that one still worked.

joecorp68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question guys,

I am on V3.4U, I have the Twilight Hack installed and I have the homebrew channel. I can get to the WAD manager but when I go to read my SD card I get an error saying the sd card cannot be read and I need to reboot my Wii....Any help please?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Starfire12 said:
I just installed the CMIOS required (not the one from the original zip, but the rev 3 version via WADInstall) for the Gamecube Backup Launcher, but of those steps:

1. CMIOS installer
2. Press X (only one time!), if you want to use Wii Backup Launcher or Wii disc channel to start.
3. Press A
4. Run rungcbackup
5. Press A and play your game

Nr. 2 & 3 never happened. After the installation finished the CMIOS installer simply exited back to the Homebrew Channel without waiting for me to press any buttons. Havn't tested the Backuplauncher itself because of that yet, waiting for feedback 1st. Tried an original Gamecube Game and that one still worked.
You installed Waninkoko's MIOS
You don't need to press any buttons, it always has disc channel support
Go ahead and try your gc backups
smile.gif

heidi2986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
I wonder if anyone could help me, I am currently on V3.4E and have the hombrew channel, I have been trying to get the backup launcher to work but appear to be having problems. I have loaded the cIOS installer, and thought it was working fine, until I have just checked what it was actually saying. It appears that when it is trying to install, it is installing the 1-15 steps ok, but then at the very end when it was saying something about a ticket, it comes up "returned -1" then says "failed", I hav tried doing it many times but cannot get it to work.
I was going to try using the "Any title Deleter" but it appears that wibrew.org is experiencing website problems, so thats gone out of the window for now.
The version I am having problems installing is the Backup Launcher Gamma.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing the failed install of the cIOS, and any tips on how to get this working?

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
im having trouble with trauma center new blood i cant get it working through disc channel anymore (i have cioscorp) and this game has worked before.
anyone got any ideas please
Preloader is on and i have tried ios reloading but not worked

NOTWORKING123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
super noob question

Ok i heard that you can play wii backups without launcher or anything . u use sumthing called wii custom ios. im kinda confused and does anyone know how to use them?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NOTWORKING123 said:
super noob question

Ok i heard that you can play wii backups without launcher or anything . u use sumthing called wii custom ios. im kinda confused and does anyone know how to use them?
Run cIOSCorp (Or Softmii, as it includes cIOSCorp)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1