Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

TheHeroMithos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I started up my Wii again, and decided to update everything I had (that is, all the homebrew stuff and such, NOT my actual game system.) However, now, WiiFlow doesn't detect my external harddrive. I updated my cIOS (both slots 249 and 250,) formatted my hard drive (fat32 in 32bit clusters,) and... I think that's it. Any idea why? It says there's nothing in USB1, and I've tried plugging it into both usb slots.

Here's exactly what I did today:
First though, what I had at the beginning (that may have influenced this):
1. WiiFlow (a version from 5 years ago, worked perfectly fine but I wanted to see new features and stuff)
2. cIOS... a really old version, from probably 4 years ago, minimum.
3. Wii System V4.2U (did not change, still at 4.2U atm.)
4. External Hard Drive, 55.9gb for one partition (Drive H: ) 55.8 for the other (Drive G: ). H was the active one, and the one with the games I used.
Think that's all that is necessary.

Now as for what I did:
1) Put SD card in my laptop, deleted the old WiiFlow in root:/app/ (or apps, whatever it is.)
2) Downloaded new version of WiiFlow, placed in root:/app/
3) Put SD Card back in Wii, opened up WiiFlow.
4) "Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any games. Click Install to Install games, or Select partition to select your partition type."
5) Clicked on Select Partition, changed the option "Game Partition" from SD to USB1. Clicked on Back, still showed the "Welcome to Wiiflow..." screen.
6) Unplugged the external Hard Drive, plugged in other slot, still nothing.
7) Restarted Wii, still same screen. Installed "d2x-v10-beta52" in slot 249, base 56. Installed "d2x-v10-beta53-alt" in slot 250, base 57. Got both from the d2x google code page. Both were Revision like... 65531 or something like that. Used the cIOS installer instead of ModMii.
8) Tried again, still did not work (tried in both USB slots). Went through the options, Page 4 - Path Manager. Page 2 of the Path Manager, clicked on Wii Games. The path was set to usb1:/wbfs/ by default, and there was nothing in it (despite my H: drive having files in its wbfs folder.) Went up one level, into usb1:/ and there was nothing there. Went up again, and into my SD card, and it was fine.
9) Plugged my External Hard Drive into my computer, formatted both partitions from NTFS to FAT32, 32 bit clusters. Added stuff, tried again, and still did not work.

And now I'm here.
If I did something on my Wii that had to do with my External Hard Drive, I tried it twice, in both USB ports. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything crucial...

And yes, the old WiiFlow version I had did work. Deleting wiiflow.ini did not work.

ruderos

Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys, I'm a real noob at this, so sorry for the question, I looked a little and didn't find anything:
I downloaded PAL games, which should be fine, right? But when i play them using WiiFlow or USB Loader GX and maybe any loader, the game is just black and white, also the screen is wierd. Anyone know the solution to this?
Thanks.

zbeast

Trying to Figure Out ModMii
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a little problem with one of my Wii's. I am getting an error 1022 whenever I try to install MOST wads not all. I did a system check and it said I needed
cios202(60)-v5.1R.war
cios222(38)-v4.war
cios223(37-38)-v4.war
cios224(57)-v5.1R.war
I use modmii and install them. Still get error 1022. I tried system check again and it still wants the same cios's installed. No matter how many times I install them the system check tells me that I need to install them even though I just did it. They say they are installing ok. I can install the wads on my other Wii no problem.

If anyone can help or point me in a different direction that would be great.

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Wii that says it's on 4.3 U but there is still an update it wants me to download. If I'm looking to install the Homebrew Channel using LetterBomb should I update first?

TwoDrinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I am a Noob, I was trying to install some channels on a softmodded 4.3U system and it told me that I needed to install IOS58. I downloaded an IOS58 and it is was the incorrect version (Wii U). I installed through MMM 14.3 and tried to load IOS58 - BRICKED. No NAND backup, Homebrew and Priiloader are installed, but priiloader won't work. Any suggestions or am I getting a new Wii?? Please help. Thanks

Camaro45th

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I have 2 issues: first is I have boot I installed and when I turn the system on it comes up with the 4 icons. When I choose the homebrew channel, it never loads it. It will load the regular wii menu no problem. Any way I can fix that? Second question: I recently installed CFG loader. When I try to load it, it seems that it takes 3 tried to get the background music to play, if I try to launch a game without the launcher music playing, it will not load. I am running v70r65. Thank you all in advance.

I searched and found bootmii config editor and disabled bootmii altogether. It seems my homebrew browser short is broken hence why it's not loading. So I just disabled it and that works good enough for me. Also, I was able to downgrade to v70r48 and it seems to work fine now.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
My wii is bricked and I have preloader 0.29 installed in the wii. My Wii is ver.4.1u. The backup files and the SD card I've been using is gone and lost now. How do I fix it?

First, just to be sure, if you hold down the reset button while starting up does it go into the PriiLoader menu or does it just black screen on you? Also, what exactly did you do to brick it?

Trophies
XP
Country
I've unbricked it now thanks. I've unbricked it by removing some broken wads using Anyinstaller, I'm not sure what really happened but I now I can now access my system menu. How do I make my backup cds work again? In the past before it was bricked, it can read the cds. I've tried downloading Neogamma but it says no disc or Disc Error (1048)

Trophies
XP
Country
First, just to be sure, if you hold down the reset button while starting up does it go into the PriiLoader menu or does it just black screen on you? Also, what exactly did you do to brick it?

I've unbricked it now thanks. I've unbricked it by removing some broken wads using Anyinstaller, I'm not sure what really happened but I now I can now access my system menu. How do I make my backup cds work again? In the past before it was bricked, it can read the cds. I've tried downloading Neogamma but it says no disc or Disc Error (1048)

Anonyma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys. do I really need a 1-2 gig SD card to hack my wii suddenly?

I've been trying my 128 mb SD card that I've used for two wii's previously and all I'm getting is an "Exception (DSI) occurred" whenever I select to install either the homebrew channel or bootmii.

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys, I'm hacking my wii and I had a problem.
I installed the Homebrew Channel, then put a lot of wad and tried installing it with the Wii Mod v3.2
It's been a while and it got stucked at stub 250. I don't even know what that is. Can somebody tell me what's going on, or at least if I can turn off my wii safely?

cheakerdoodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have my usb loader working fine about a year ago but I recently updated both my Cios and my usb loader and now get a black screen loading any game. Here is a copy of my syscheck.

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199
Nano
...runs on IOS61 (rev 5405).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS61
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 60965636
Boot2 v3
Found 75 titles.
Found 28 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 516): Flash Access
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 266): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 517): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 2576): ES Identify
Flash Access
IOS31 (rev 2576): ES Identify
Flash Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 3094): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 3612): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 4889): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS249[56] (rev 21006
Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug
NAND Access
USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21006
NAND Access
USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v4
MIOS v8

Report generated on 2014/04/08.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to have my usb loader working fine about a year ago but I recently updated both my Cios and my usb loader and now get a black screen loading any game. Here is a copy of my syscheck.

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199
Nano
...runs on IOS61 (rev 5405).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS61
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 60965636
Boot2 v3
Found 75 titles.
Found 28 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 516): Flash Access
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 266): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 517): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 2576): ES Identify
Flash Access
IOS31 (rev 2576): ES Identify
Flash Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug
ES Identify
Flash Access
NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 3094): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 3612): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 4889): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS249[56] (rev 21006
NAND Access
USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21006
NAND Access
USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v4
MIOS v8

Report generated on 2014/04/08.

From looking at your report you need to update a lot of ios/cios files to be currently up to date with everything.
You also need to get the latest homebrew channel as well.

Get modmii from the wii hacking forum if you don't already have it and then you can use your
sysCheck file with it and it will download all the updates you need to get everything working again.

From modmii's main menu select SU for sysCheck updater and then just drag and drop your sysCheck file into the modmii screeen and then follow the onscreen
instructions.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys. do I really need a 1-2 gig SD card to hack my wii suddenly?

I've been trying my 128 mb SD card that I've used for two wii's previously and all I'm getting is an "Exception (DSI) occurred" whenever I select to install either the homebrew channel or bootmii.

When installing bootmii it needs to write files to the sd card and it seems your card is to small to hold all the files needed.
Also if your going to make a backup of your nand your going to need at least a 1GB card since the wii's nand is 512MB or very close to that.

hort22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fist post NOOB here...have a wii softmodded with the homebrew channel installed on it...what im looking to do is play some japan gamecube games from the actual disc...do i just install priiloader, and run my games from the gamecube disc channel? thanks.

edit: or after doing some reading should i just use gecko os to launch the discs?

looking for the easiest way to overwrite the region stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit