Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

tweak201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I have been following the guides and have had success every step of the way since backup loader 0.1 . I took a whack at installing softmii with my own healthscreen (success!). only one problem. I think in preloader, i set both of thse settings to :system menu and now it dosent load on reset. I dont really care, i just forgot to enable region free so i can play jap games through the disc channel I mean, everything else works just fine . And reading from the brick stories, i think i should stick to the old "if it aint broke dont fix it.". .Aside from the brick proofing and regionfree, is it imperative that i fix this preloader issue ? Does it matter?

tweak201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkChili said:
Too lazy to search

I burnt a multiGC game and i'm using waninkoko's mios. When I boot the game up from the disc channel, I go to the GCOS menu and all I see is boot DVD and credits and not the names of the games. What am I doing wrong? (Can select games in wiigator's loader. multigc disc was made with MultiGameISOCreator.exe)

I have no problems using gamma with waninkoko's MIOS. I have paper mario thousand year door and mario party 7 on a multidisc and it boots just fine

edit: sorry didnt read that you said you tried wiigators.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Littlegreenmen said:
is it possible to downgrade from 3.4e to 3.2e without the wifi internet connected

Yes, check this thread and ask if need help, ok...??
wink.gif

QUOTEAlright. I have been following the guides and have had success every step of the way since backup loader 0.1 . I took a whack at installing softmii with my own healthscreen (success!). only one problem. I think in preloader, i set both of thse settings to :system menu and now it dosent load on reset. I dont really care, i just forgot to enable region free so i can play jap games through the disc channel I mean, everything else works just fine . And reading from the brick stories, i think i should stick to the old "if it aint broke dont fix it.". .Aside from the brick proofing and regionfree, is it imperative that i fix this preloader issue ? Does it matter?

Well actually the region free patches didn't worked for me and were the opposite of his function, my compatibility were reduced when I used them, but anyway you must be able to enter into preloader settings, but I think you're beaing slow in the pressing and hold reset button, it is like if you double click on the mouse but in the second click you held down the button, if you still can't, then maybe you delete preloader installing another SysMenu...!!!
smile.gif

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could a pack like Softmii and preloader interfere with a drive-chip. I have a Cyclowiz, and i dont need a software backup loader linked to the disc channel.
So
How do i disable it? Do i need to?

Also the hacks.ini has things like "Region free Wii games" and "force disc region".
Would these work with the cyclowiz? (since it never got full-wii-region-free, without patching.) Or should i leave them out.
thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
killplaystation said:
Could a pack like Softmii and preloader interfere with a drive-chip. I have a Cyclowiz, and i dont need a software backup loader linked to the disc channel.
So
How do i disable it? Do i need to?

Also the hacks.ini has things like "Region free Wii games" and "force disc region".
Would these work with the cyclowiz? (since it never got full-wii-region-free, without patching.) Or should i leave them out.
thanks

I don't think you need the entire softmii, just use the Any Region Changer inside the package to have real region free, and preloaer to have a fall-back (cause the region free don't really work) and you'll be fine...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTEWitch game included:
RVL-mios-v8.wad ?

Animal Crossing and PIKMIN (PAL)

Loft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I downgrade and install Gamma and Starfall using EmperorOfCanada's guide, will I still be able to play original Wii games via the main menu/disc channel as normal?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Loft said:
If I downgrade and install Gamma and Starfall using EmperorOfCanada's guide, will I still be able to play original Wii games via the main menu/disc channel as normal?
Yeah, just follow the guide and you will be fine

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to use WUFE on a game to extract the mii channel update and shop channel update so i can update without WIFI

Also if i update to 3.4 and install ios16,wad
than install ios30.1040.wad than sysmenu290.wad would that downgrade me without WIFI

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in this link you will find my thread i made that i still didn't get an answer to my last 2 posts http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134...p;#entry1757661 .i did a little bit more searching and found out i have to install bootldr.dol so i can play multi gamecube games, now that leaves mfe-fs, and boot.catalog.i think all i have to do is just burn the zipped file that is created but i'm not to sure.

also i need to know if shrunk games work the same unshrunk games.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NOTWORKING123 said:
can sumone please post a link to the october23rd fix guide/tutorial?

This is a thread for noobs, not for lazy ones
lecture.gif
here

Is it possible to use WUFE on a game to extract the mii channel update and shop channel update so i can update without WIFI
Yes but the latest WiiShop isn't inside of any disc yet..!!

Also if i update to 3.4 and install ios16,wad
than install ios30.1040.wad than sysmenu290.wad would that downgrade me without WIFI

You still need the BC and MIOS for that version and to really be on 3.2 you still need alot of IOS, like 10 or more check here

QUOTEHow do you convert a .iso to a .wad? I have a .iso file for a VC game but I'm not sure how to convert it to a .wad file.
I think you could just rename it cause there is no way to convert them to .iso in the first place...!!
huh.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
fst312 said:
in this link you will find my thread i made that i still didn't get an answer to my last 2 posts http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134...p;#entry1757661 .i did a little bit more searching and found out i have to install bootldr.dol so i can play multi gamecube games, now that leaves mfe-fs, and boot.catalog.i think all i have to do is just burn the zipped file that is created but i'm not to sure.

also i need to know if shrunk games work the same unshrunk games.

I used FSTFIX.exe it works by command line and it will give you the 1.35GB file you need...!!!
biggrin.gif

NOTWORKING123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
NOTWORKING123 said:
can sumone please post a link to the october23rd fix guide/tutorial?

This is a thread for noobs, not for lazy ones
lecture.gif
here

What i mean is i dont want to downgrade because i heard you cant play normal games on 3.2 ofr sumthing, and i heard someone say that you can use backup launcher on 3.4 without down grading. i need the link to ^^

D

Deleted User

Just downgrade dude.

All that you heard is false, except for backup launching in 3.4. Then again, trucha signed disc WOULD NOT run in 3.4

In a nutshell, downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON