Hacking NOOB needs help?

jdogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anybody help a poor noob put gamecube and wii games on his wii. I already have homebrew installed, but I'm lost from there, I hear stuff about IOS and wads and stubs but I don't understand it, and to make matters worse, my wii is 4.3. any help will be appreciated.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st, you need to hack it, use modmii from my sig. very simple, and you'll need to rent SSBB or one of the other games required to do the hack.
2nd, you'll not be playing games off disc, only USB, I assuming you have a newer wii, they do not play backup discs, Wii or Gamecube.
So far, you cant play Gamecube games from usb, look into DIOS-Mios for info on that.
You'll get everything you need to know using Modmi.....

jdogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have my wii hacked, its just I don't know where to go after that. I've tried making a NAND backup but something came up about a ECC failure. And then I read something about a trucha bug?

Posts merged

I already have my wii hacked, its just I don't know where to go after that. I've tried making a NAND backup but something came up about a ECC failure. And then I read something about a trucha bug?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
When do you bought your Wii, because if it's new you can't run backups anyway, no point in trying to install apps to run no original copies.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could get Wiiware games. You need to find wads of them and install them with Wad Manager.
You could also get a USB hard drive and load games from there.

jdogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wad manager, but it asks me what IOS to use, whats that?

Also when you say Usb drive, are you saying wiiware or disc games

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
From WiiPower's Neogama thread

-A Wii with a backup compatible drive(black Wiis are generally not backup compatible, backup resistant Wiis were sold since christmas '09, no backup disc compatible Wiis in the shelves anymore 1-2 months later). Easy test: In the latest NeoGamma, remove disc from the drive and select launch game from disc. You will get a read error. If it doesn't say anything about your drive, then it should be old enough.

http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jdogg said:

Also when you say Usb drive, are you saying wiiware or disc games
Select IOS249.
When I say USB drive, I mean for disc games. They can be loaded off a USB drive.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jdogg said:
IOS is like a mini Operative System required by Wii to make certain task, every IOS make specific task.
You need have IOS249 installed in your system in order to do wadmanager useful, if you can't install IOS249 (for some reason), you need install IOS236, it will help you to install IOS249 properly.

jdogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed IOS 249 using DOP-MII, but when I try go to my wad manager, it asks me which IOS to use, and when I press 249, nothing happens.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jdogg said:
I installed IOS 249 using DOP-MII, but when I try go to my wad manager, it asks me which IOS to use, and when I press 249, nothing happens.
You have to install IOS249 via the cIOS installer. Because it was mainly used for piracy, Nintendo put a dummy version on their server. That server is where Dop-Mii downloads stuff from. therefore you just installed a dummy IOS that does nothing. You really seem confused, so I'd just go and follow a ModMii guide to mod your Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ