Hacking RELEASE Noob-Friendly L4T Ubuntu

Refriger8tor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,I was using exfat for game storage, handling 4gb files ,and now the image uses fat32 as default, is that necessary for Ubuntu booting or sth?
Is it safe to format fat32 to exfat or ntfs when i use one card for both switch and Ubuntu?
Hey, sorry for the late reply, fat32 is not required, your CFW or OFW partition can be exfat

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wifi networks in the (more networks) tab doesn't work. What i mean is when i open more networks (cause thats where my wifi network shows up) i click on it and nothing happens it just closes. If i click on any of them in that window same thing, no popup to enter network key. The only one that works are the ones that shows up at 1st when slide down the network icon.
Also, the joycons at next reboot dont connect when i go to bluetooth, and the ones already paired when i click on the (-) to delete they dont delete

Refriger8tor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wifi networks in the (more networks) tab doesn't work. What i mean is when i open more networks (cause thats where my wifi network shows up) i click on it and nothing happens it just closes. If i click on any of them in that window same thing, no popup to enter network key. The only one that works are the ones that shows up at 1st when slide down the network icon.
Also, the joycons at next reboot dont connect when i go to bluetooth, and the ones already paired when i click on the (-) to delete they dont delete

For both these issues I'd say make sure you're actually hitting the right spot. The touchscreen sensitivity is pretty trash, so I recommend using a mouse plugged into the dock until you get the joycons set up

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For both these issues I'd say make sure you're actually hitting the right spot. The touchscreen sensitivity is pretty trash, so I recommend using a mouse plugged into the dock until you get the joycons set up
Yeah, i was able to fix the issue with the joycons, and using the joycons as a mouse i'm able to get into my network. Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so i resized my partitions cause i'm using cfw pack along with ubuntu, i also created another fat32 partition for emunand. I created emunand with hekate, before creating emunand it chose raw part 2. I noticed after each reboot (either ubuntu, cfw or ofw) when i go back to my cfw pack boot menu emunand button goes off, and i have to tick it back on at every boot.
Now i noticed before activating emunand in hekate, it got created in raw 2 partition cause (Linux) is on Raw 1 partition.
Now can i move emunand partition to 1st position with gparted so i can have emunand on raw 1 and linux on raw 2 in hekate? Maybe like that the emunand button in my cfw boot menu would stay on.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any plans to update this? Or has L4T-Ubuntu itself been not received any major updates as of late? I don't necessarily have anything that I'd want added to this particular build of L4T-Ubuntu, I'm just curious if L4T-Ubuntu's performance has become more optimized ever since this became a thing, be it receiving sleep mode support or other, more taken for granted features like such. I know if this had sleep mode support, it'd be getting more use on my Switch!

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help! I uninstalled kodi cause i wanted to get latest version but for some reason i cant. Can someone help me to install kodi to latest version or re-install the one that came with this package.
Also any fix with RetroArch? It stay frozen when it opens.

Refriger8tor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any plans to update this? Or has L4T-Ubuntu itself been not received any major updates as of late? I don't necessarily have anything that I'd want added to this particular build of L4T-Ubuntu, I'm just curious if L4T-Ubuntu's performance has become more optimized ever since this became a thing, be it receiving sleep mode support or other, more taken for granted features like such. I know if this had sleep mode support, it'd be getting more use on my Switch!
I don't actually do any Linux development, I just generally know how to use Linux a little better than total noobs. Keep in mind this was started before LineageOS was ported so many people with no experience wanted to try L4T to use emulators and other applications. This was just meant to either help get people who would otherwise not be able to set up things themselves going or to give convenience to people who would have installed some/all these programs/settings anyway. I'm afraid I haven't been keeping up-to-date with the Linux scene on switch recently but I believe at least one dev has been posting (unofficial?) updates in bylaws' original L4T Ubuntu thread. Last I remember I think he was up to 1.5. Not sure if touch screen or sleep were affected, but I would check there if interested.

EDIT: Page 98 of that thread has update 1.5, apparently has touchscreen fixes! Also there's now a way to reboot to payload from within Ubuntu now. Maybe I'll update this to 1.5 in the future when I have more free time.

Need help! I uninstalled kodi cause i wanted to get latest version but for some reason i cant. Can someone help me to install kodi to latest version or re-install the one that came with this package.
Also any fix with RetroArch? It stay frozen when it opens.

At least back when I made this the latest Kodi (18 I think?) was not playing nice. Have you tried opening the terminal and entering "sudo apt install kodi" (without quotes)? Not sure what's up with retroarch, I don't think anybody else has reported it freezing on open (but if anyone reading this has lmk)

Last edited by Refriger8tor,

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out: im trying to setup reboot2payload but i'm not understanding the /etc/rc.local
In terminal i ran: sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
(I used gedit cause nano is not installed)
I see that it created it but thats where i get stuck and have no idea how to make /etc/rc.local executable by entering chmod +x /etc/rc.local
But i have no idea how and where to do that.

Refriger8tor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out: im trying to setup reboot2payload but i'm not understanding the /etc/rc.local
In terminal i ran: sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
(I used gedit cause nano is not installed)
I see that it created it but thats where i get stuck and have no idea how to make /etc/rc.local executable by entering chmod +x /etc/rc.local
But i have no idea how and where to do that.
You would do that in terminal as well by entering what you just wrote. But you may need to add a "sudo" in front of all that. Try without first and then add it if you need one

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would do that in terminal as well by entering what you just wrote. But you may need to add a "sudo" in front of all that. Try without first and then add it if you need one

I've been itching to see if L4T-Ubuntu has improved on the RA side of things lately in terms of core selection. Is it still limited, or have more cores been made available that'd be compatible with L4T-Ubuntu? I kind of prefer running Reicast/Flycast in RA because at least you can stretch the image to fill the screen or put some overlay over the blank space!

Refriger8tor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been itching to see if L4T-Ubuntu has improved on the RA side of things lately in terms of core selection. Is it still limited, or have more cores been made available that'd be compatible with L4T-Ubuntu? I kind of prefer running Reicast/Flycast in RA because at least you can stretch the image to fill the screen or put some overlay over the blank space!
Yeah I want to find what more we can do as well, unfortunately it will likely be another month at least until I get the time to look into it. The main appeal for me of RA in L4T as opposed to Lakka is that you can use Bluetooth controllers. I haven't gotten around to trying LineageOS on my switch yet but I'd be curious to see if the core support is better and how performance compared to L4T if it has overclocking.

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make deep sleep work? I try putting my switch on sleep mode then turns back on automatically.

wstlxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hello ,when i tried to update my cfw from reinx to kosmos, i lost my bootloader folder ,and not able to boot l4t now . (Actually I back up all files in ubuntu ,and i cannot access them now. stupid me!)
Would you be so kind to share the ini file under bootloader along with any other files needed ?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello ,when i tried to update my cfw from reinx to kosmos, i lost my bootloader folder ,and not able to boot l4t now . (Actually I back up all files in ubuntu ,and i cannot access them now. stupid me!)
Would you be so kind to share the ini file under bootloader along with any other files needed ?
Try using these files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/54ibwj3id4vj2cc/l4t-ubuntu-1.5.0.zip?dl=0

They are the 1.5.0 update from the L4T thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/l4t-ubu...ux-on-your-switch.537301/page-98#post-8759352

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1