ROM Hack Question NOOB ALERT How do I load a save I found online to my Switch?

Ackermance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone! So, as the title says I kind of have no idea what I'm doing... Anyway, I worked my booty off in Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U and now that I have it on Switch, I don't want to go through the years and years of work. I found a save that is just what I'm looking for, only thing is, I have no idea how to transfer it to my Switch with no problems. Can anyone teach me????

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is your switch hacked ?
If yes
Launch the game to generate a save
Launch HBL and then Checkpoint hombrew
Dump your save using Checkpoint
turn off your switch or use FTP to manage your mSD card with your computer
Go to sd://switch/checkpoint/saves
Search the HW folder
In this folder you should find a folder that contain the save that you have just dumped
Remove the content and paste the online save that you've found before
Get back to your switch
Run checkpoint
Restore the save

Ackermance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I read corectly you want to inject a save in your switch found on the net
without hack you can't

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make sure I do everything right so I don't get banned or end up with a bricked Switch.
So, you mentioned Checkpoint. I've seen thread mention it, but I don't know how to get it or what to do with it....

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make sure I do everything right so I don't get banned or end up with a bricked Switch.
So, you mentioned Checkpoint. I've seen thread mention it, but I don't know how to get it or what to do with it....
If you use it and go online you will be banned
Save edit = hack = ban

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, if I edit the save for Hyrule Warriors, then plug in my Splatoon 2 game card, I'll be banned?
If you edit a save for any game, then go online on any game, then yes, you could be banned. Personally I've been using a full CFW setup for months and haven't been banned yet, but there have been others who have been banned for simple offline save edits.

Ackermance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I've also heard of people only being banned for a few minutes. Is this still true? If so, what does it apply to?

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting. I've also heard of people only being banned for a few minutes. Is this still true? If so, what does it apply to?
I haven't heard of people being banned temporarily, the case used to be that you would only be banned on online games, but now any sort of modding carries the risk of a full CDN or 'super' ban.

Ackermance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so technically, Nintendo has the right to tell me what I can and can't do with something I own? Isn't that violating something?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok, so technically, Nintendo has the right to tell me what I can and can't do with something I own? Isn't that violating something?
Nope, you've agreed to their terms and conditions.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Ackermance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. If they're having an issue with people hacking their consols to get their content back, wouldn't the logical solution be to create a way to transfer all of your user data instead of permanently banning accounts and risk people buying basically a bricked Switch online?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. If they're having an issue with people hacking their consols to get their content back, wouldn't the logical solution be to create a way to transfer all of your user data instead of permanently banning accounts and risk people buying basically a bricked Switch online?
One, accounts are not banned; consoles are. Two, a brick has nothing to do with online service. In fact, a banned Switch guarantees its hackable which raises its market value, to hackers at least. Three, Nintendo sees no value in people buying secondhand consoles so they couldn't care less what people do; they would tell you to buy new instead of buying used.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online at all or just in-game online?

Mainly in-game ban, but full console ban is possible if save backup app cause error code in NAND, make telemetry report or goes online.

You have to do fully offline and use Atmos, so you are likely to be safe from full console ban, but Nintendo's fate is currently unknown.

Do NOT tamper the saves in SSBU and Splatoon 2, or you will get 2124-4027 error code (in-game ban).

You should be OK to edit the save in Hyrule Warriors because they don't have online multiplayer.

Last edited by JeepX87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1