Hacking None of the WBFS tools work for SSBB.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't program C well enough to help this, but maybe one of the devs can look into it?

I ripped Super Smash Bros Brawl ontop my flash drive from the original disk through my Wii. When i used the original WBFS source code in an attempt to extract the ISO onto my hard drive, it didn't work. It ended the extraction at 84.65%, and gave me a corrupted ISO.

So i tried two of the GUI WBFS tools to extract, they both gave me corrupts as well.

:l

Also, when you first extract it, and it reserves space for the ISO, it reserves the amount of space for a DVD5, not a DVD9.

shdwdragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the ISO on my harddrive and when I try to put it on my usb flash drive to play on my Wii it gets to about 64% and it says finished but it never copied :wtf: Wierd huh?

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm...
Here's my hypothesis.
The extractor unscrubs (or de-waninkokotizes it) to a 4.37GB file.
It does this always, even if it the file is smaller than 4.37GB.
It has to use this file size.
It extracts the game, then fills up the 4.37GB with "junk".
If the game is larger, there is an unhandled error, giving you a corruption message.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games2007 said:
Hm...
Here's my hypothesis.
The extractor unscrubs (or de-waninkokotizes it) to a 4.37GB file.
It does this always, even if it the file is smaller than 4.37GB.
It has to use this file size.
It extracts the game, then fills up the 4.37GB with "junk".
If the game is larger, there is an unhandled error, giving you a corruption message.

There's no error, or corruption message. But the ISO is corrupted.

IE: Rip it off your flash drive, then put it back on there. It wont work.

Or rip it off your flash drive, then burn it on DVD9, it wont work.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
What size does the iso come out as when extracted from the WBFS, and what size does it show when you then install that back onto it?
I think games2007 is probably right. The wbfs tool probably extracts to a 4.37GB file every time.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
What size does the iso come out as when extracted from the WBFS, and what size does it show when you then install that back onto it?
I think games2007 is probably right. The wbfs tool probably extracts to a 4.37GB file every time.

They usually came out to be 6.x gb, but i just got it working. It was my stupid flash drive, it has something wrong with it. It extracts at 7.4gb with my hard drive.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I copied SSBB [PAL] on my drive just yesterday...the copy operation ended abruptly before the end, but the game was copied anyway and i've played it without any error (did almost 20% of Emissary, played a couple of classic games, all the minigames and some events)

I used "wbsfgui" (dunno if it has a more proper name, it's the one with two columns displayed)

rogras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have successful add "Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_DVD5_PAL_Wii-WiiLeet" with the GUI (WBFS-Tool) from Joggibear. Works fine with USB loader!

WBFS

gunslinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange -.-
i can dump SSBB dvd9 to my hdd and all works well. furthermore i had dumped ssbb dvd9 with the wbfs_win tool till 100% - no error. lol

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used wbfs_win delta to install SSBB dual layer version on the USB HDD, worked perfectly.
However, it sounds like you're trying to extract the iso off the USB HDD. You should make this more clear so people don't misunderstand.

There probably isn't a way for now. I too would be interested in a fix for this, as I might move all the ISOs onto a 2.5" USB HDD later since I'm using a 3.5" currently.

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I think he was talking about dvd9 version... I'm interested to hear if anyone had luck with it as well. The wiki says someone managed to copy it but I'd like to know how.

ActiV8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to transfer the dvd9 version (original dl disc) to my 250gb ext hdd direct from the wii's drive (using usb loader v1.1), it starts then stops straight away displaying a remaining time of 5 mins. However, if I try it with my 8gb SDHC card it works but claims it will take over an hour to transfer. Is there a way of getting it to transfer to the ext drive instead of the SDHC?

Edit: the 250gb ext hdd already has many wii's games added so is compatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.