1. RelaxAjax

OP RelaxAjax Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Hi, i wanted to know if it was posible to use homebrew emulators with a non nintendo controller (like an xbox 360 controller), i ask because im trying to emulate the ps1 on the wii but i only have the wiimote and nunchuck combo. The emulators i would use with the external controller would be WiiSX, Snes9x GX and Wii64.
    Thanks

2. VTSTech

VTSTech Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    USB Controllers seem to work in Nintendont for me. I have not had any luck anywhere else on the Wii yet... I'm using a PS3 Controller in my case.

UPDATE: I just now had a new developement. Using RetroArch-wii 1.8.6 and setting joypad driver to 'HID' instead of 'gx' it detects my USB connected PS3 Controller....but nothing is bound yet.

Last edited by VTSTech, May 7, 2020
  3. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a device that coverts a playstation controller to gamecube ports and xbox ports. This adapter works fine on the gamecube that has 4 GC ports and any homebrew that utilizes the GC port, mappings and such included.

4. VTSTech

VTSTech Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I have had success! Using RetroArch, Set input driver to gx and joypad driver to hid.

Copy files appropriate for your controller to /autoconfig/ in your RetroArch folder (in /apps/) on SD

(Turns out I can't post links ... github, libretro, retroarch-joypad-autoconfig)

In my case I copied

PSX_to_PS3_Controller_Adapter
    Sony_PLAYSTATION(R)3_Controller

For my PS3 Controller. Worked :)

Last edited by VTSTech, May 7, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controller, nintendo, homebrew