No USB Loaders will boot - possible bad mod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TornadoTK, Dec 7, 2011.

1. TornadoTK
    OP

TornadoTK Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    So I've spent the last three days trying to mod this Wii and get a USB Loader to run. I'm about to smash this bastard.
    sysCheck v2.1.0b14 by Double_A and R2-D2199
    Started out with a 4.3U, and eventually walked through a step-by-step of ModMii.
    Running a WD Elements SE Portable 750GB USB3.0, formatted to FAT32.
    Attempted most recent versions of USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader (gave up before WiiFlow - didn't expect much to change)
    Got a variety of freezes: Black screen after boot, pre-title screen after warnings, and pre-boot (only noticeable on CFG USB Loader - freezes before leaving loader screen).

If anyone can give me some sort of advice on what I could try, it would make my nights.

2. Porobu

Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Sep 12, 2009
    USB 3.0 drives sometimes dont work with wiis if u use the usb 3.0 cable
    try a usb 2.0 cable or another drive

3. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Before i get conclusive proof that says otherwise, i suspect that every new usb 2.0 HDD uses 4K sectors and has a bad compatiblity because of it. You can try base IOS58 for your cIOS, i heard that it supports some HDDs which are not supported with the other bases. But if it works, you really have a problem, because there's no fix in sight for the other bases, and IOS58 is slow and doesn't support all games.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice